Create Account

Leafs 2013-14 Discussion

Also i'm just gonna say this, Devils record doesn't reflect it, but they're not a pushover, they're gonna make you work for a W. That game last night went the distance, it was a good game.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Let's get a win going. We haven't been playing much which sucks. Not able to get into a groove.

I cannot wait until the shootout is removed. It's a disgrace to the league and it's nothing but a skills competition. GMs where talking and they want 4Mins of 4v4 then 4Mins of 3V3

Overall it was a good road game, surprised we didn't get 2 points. But yet again the only way teams can score against Bernier is fluky shit goals. It's unbelievable. Also that 5Min PK was amazing to watch.

With that being said I will be very disappointed if the Leafs don't win the 2 games against Buffalo.

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Nov 13 2013, 10:32 PM
I cannot wait until the shootout is removed. It's a disgrace to the league and it's nothing but a skills competition. GMs where talking and they want 4Mins of 4v4 then 4Mins of 3V3

Overall it was a good road game, surprised we didn't get 2 points. But yet again the only way teams can score against Bernier is fluky shit goals. It's unbelievable. Also that 5Min PK was amazing to watch.

With that being said I will be very disappointed if the Leafs don't win the 2 games against Buffalo.
And then what after the 8 minutes? Go back to a tie? Fuck that I like the shootout. You can't have players playing non-stop until a goal is scored when they have to play the next night some times and a tie is absolutely moronic. A shootout is the best and quickest compromise

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Kadri will be suspended, watch out.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

3 games for Kadri.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 13 2013, 08:59 PM

And then what after the 8 minutes? Go back to a tie? Fuck that I like the shootout. You can't have players playing non-stop until a goal is scored when they have to play the next night some times and a tie is absolutely moronic. A shootout is the best and quickest compromise

Shootout is the worst thing to happen to hockey.

4 v 4 then 3 v 3. 5 minutes each, then shootout.

In a perfect world I always want to see endless OT until first goal is scored, sucks that it won't work though.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 13 2013, 11:59 PM

I would prefer a tie over shootouts tbh. If you can't score an extra goal in 60 mins + 5mins of 4v4 + 5mins of 3v3 then you don't deserve to get another point for being better at something that isn't the game of hockey.

I heard 10 minutes of 4v4 then shootout. I don't mind the shootout but it shouldn't be used to decide almost every game that goes into overtime. 5 minutes is not enough.

Leafs should call up Spencer Abbott, he is having a good AHL season with 17 Points in 11 games and I believe he played C before or his natural position is C but plays wing I forget which one it is, plus his speed would fit perfectly on our team. All I gotta say that we are blessed that our next 2 games are against Buffalo or I would be scared about the Kadri suspension. IT SUCKS THAT OUR TOP 3 CENTERS ARE INJURED OR SUSPENDED, But I believe we will get through this going 3-0 against BUF and NYI. Then Bozak returns next week as well.

Raymond - JVR - Kessel
Lupul - Abbott - Clarkson
Ashton - McClement - Kulemin
McLaren - Smithson - Orr

Dat Depth, its feel great having this in our organization for once. I aint worried about nothing.

Once Bozak and Kadri return then our Lines should be like this

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
McLaren - Smithson - Orr

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Nov 15 2013, 01:18 AM
Leafs should call up Spencer Abbott, he is having a good AHL season with 17 Points in 11 games and I believe he played C before or his natural position is C but plays wing I forget which one it is, plus his speed would fit perfectly on our team. All I gotta say that we are blessed that our next 2 games are against Buffalo or I would be scared about the Kadri suspension. IT SUCKS THAT OUR TOP 3 CENTERS ARE INJURED OR SUSPENDED, But I believe we will get through this going 3-0 against BUF and NYI. Then Bozak returns next week as well.

Raymond - JVR - Kessel
Lupul - Abbott - Clarkson
McLaren - Smithson - Orr

Dat Depth, its feel great having this in our organization for once. I aint worried about nothing.

Once Bozak and Kadri return then our Lines should be like this

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
McLaren - Smithson - Orr

You don't call up a guy with zero nhl gp and just slap him on the 2nd line right away he needs to be brought in slow McClement is a fine stop gap at 2nd line he's got the offensive skill to play it for even a few games

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by PlayoffAnimal@Nov 15 2013, 12:22 AM

You don't call up a guy with zero nhl gp and just slap him on the 2nd line right away he needs to be brought in slow McClement is a fine stop gap at 2nd line he's got the offensive skill to play it for even a few games
I prefer McClement on the shut down line

Quote:Originally posted by PlayoffAnimal@Nov 15 2013, 01:22 AM

If it was more then 3 games, sure slowly move him up but it is only 3 games. I'd much rather McClement on the shutdown line.

giving points to a losing team is silly. giving an extra point for a shootout win is even sillier. 4v4 for 10 minutes, no winner after that, tough luck. Either 0 points each or one point each. get rid of a 3 point game. Hockey game is worth 2 points. Worst NHL team can win every shootout while best teams can lose. Its simply not hockey. Its an all star game gimmick.