Create Account

Who's going to take a Chance on Winston? Whalers Weekly with Eddie Carey

Whalers Weekly with Eddie Carey

EC: Here we are again folks. Again today we have Whalers rookie winger Chance Winston with us in studio. Winston is just a short time away from the S22 SHL Entry Draft.

Just like anyone else we can’t be sure of when he will go but as we have had the pleasure of watching Chance this past season I feel confident in saying that anyone that will be lucky enough to land him will be getting a future superstar.

Let’s see what the young man has to say for himself since he’s sitting right here

Chance, how are things going pre-draft?

CW: How’s it going, Eddie? Things with me have been awesome. It’s been a whirlwind of a season having come from Midget to Juniors and having a nice play off run. However it was a real sour moment when we were taken out by the Knights in Game 7.

EC: We were certainly all pulling for you over here. Now that your first season is behind you how are things shaping up leading into the draft?

CW: Well you know I think I was able to play well even though I didn’t get the full season in. I managed to contribute regularly and even got myself onto the powerplay. I was even pretty happy with my play off performance leading up to the final few games where I wasn’t able to really able to hit my stride. Kind of a bummer but jumping into this level of competition I guess you can hit your ups and downs.

EC: Right right, hard to handle for sure but the past is the past and we think the future is looking great for you. Again though, how has the draft prep coming along?

CW: Right haha. Sorry I kind of got off track there. Well, after we got bounced from the playoffs I took a few days off to relax but with the draft coming up I decided to just get back to it. So I’ve been working my ass off and I even attended a couple work outs with SHL teams. It’s cool to hear some interest from them.

EC: We’re excited with so many great Whalers prospects being highly touted in this years draft. What are your thoughts on your team mates who will be involved as well?

CW: I’m really excited and honestly a little relieved to be able to head to such a big occasion with a bunch of guys I’m really close with. I’m super excited to see where Laflamme goes and honestly I think he should be first. Other than that I expect to see my boy Drew Myers go high and I think me AJ and Truck will all be picked up as well. It’s exciting time for all of us and it’s great that we get to go through all of it together.

EC: We have been able to see some opinions of scouts and analysts releasing their mock drafts. It’s a little surprising Chance but there are a number of them that don’t even have you on their board at all. What does that make you think?

CW: Honestly, it doesn’t make me think much. Anyone who knows me knows I’ll be going in this draft no doubt. I’d say 2nd round if I were to guess just because I haven’t been able to showcase my talents like the other guys were able to. By the end of it I’m positive I’ll be seen as the steal of the S22 SML Entry Draft. I won’t stop working until that’s the case.

EC: Well you heard it here first folks. Again, it’s always great to have you in Chance. We will be looking forward hearing your name and also look forward to a chat once we know what SHL jersey you’ll be throwing on.

CW: Of course! You’ll be the first interview I give Eddie! Cheers and thanks a lot!

661 words

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]

"Chance" on "Winston"

third round gem right here, Whaler too, your just a born Renegade

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

#DarkHorse

Underrated. Good luck Chance!

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Take a chance on Chance

Late 2nd/3rd round gem!

Good luck at the draft buddy.

Thanks boy! Excited to see how it goes down!

Good luck to the fellas in the draft as well!

Maybe I'll be seeing you in Seattle, Leo? We could throw together an oreo line sometime in the future.

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]

Hope we land on the same team! Thanks for the props! Whoever takes you will be impressed!

Win for Winston

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Good luck dude !

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]