Create Account

IIHF bonuses

Well, today there was talk going in SHL kik chat about GMing, IIHF etc and I came up with a new idea.

IMO there's no point of IIHF in the SHL, since half of the league doesnt even care about their country, national team LRs are dead and it's basically coaches & heads are the only ones who are doing something speaking of their country. MAYBE there are some players who are very patriotic and they are looking at the stats, making articles about IIHF, but these are just few and I havent seen anyone like that for a month or so.

So my idea is to introduce some IIHF bonuses in the SHL. Im gonna use Latvia for example:

Latvia wins a game: coach gets 250k
Latvia moves up by 1 position in rankings: coach gets 1mil and can split that for his team
Latvia moves up by 2 positions in rankings: coach gets 1.5mil and he can split that for his team

Well, just like that. You can think some more bonuses.. It doesnt sound so good for weaker teams like UK, Ireland, Russia, but maybe of that we can have coaches to do more, like talk to team, try to get more players for team. Atleast for me theres absolutely no motivation to do something for IIHF. Im doing this just for Latvia, since theres no players from Latvia who want to coach.Its basically for fun and thats the reason why Im stepping down after these finals games, because I finally found a player who's willing to do something.

Its so easy to get a federation head, or coach, just because absolutely noone wants to do that. Maybe younger players S18 --> up its interesting, because they are new to the league and it seems fun for them to set up lines or do things like that, but all the older players are not even trying to get the job or be active @ IIHF.

Thoughts?

When I was wjc gm our sweden lr thread wasn't exactly dead.

True, no one truly cares but some people do and there has never been a big following on these things. Especially when it takes quite long to even get to the meaningful stuff.

I honestly don't mind how it is and your suggestion only benefits a coach that is doing something that they should be doing. Plus, Canada coach will get like free $$$ rofl.

I enjoyed the WJC/WC format but it takes too much maintenance to keep up. This is atleast manageable and makes those medals more important.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Too many little payouts this way. Maybe a payout system for tournament results?

Gold: 5m each
Silver: 3m each
Bronze: 1m each
Qualify: 500k each

Tournament is only every 4 seasons iirc?

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

Same with Latvia's LR. My sources are saying even Canada LR is dead..

Speaking of Canada, they are not that good.
Last IIHF rankings - 8th position

They're good.

IHF lrs are generally dead until the matches get serious. Honestly, if a GM wanted to they could get the train rolling and all that.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Lunaro@Jan 19 2015, 04:43 PM
Too many little payouts this way. Maybe a payout system for tournament results?

Gold: 5m each
Silver: 3m each
Bronze: 1m each
Qualify: 500k each

Tournament is only every 4 seasons iirc?

Yeah but make is something substantial so guys want to go play for a team that can win and they get a good share of the pot. For instance, say that Canada wins it, the 5M is split among 100+ players rn... That's what, $5K? Barely any training money. But you get gold with Russia, that $5M gets split only 30 ways, so still, like $60K, which still isn't much.

I like the incentive ideas. Maybe we get money going round the IIHF circuit, and playing for lesser known teams will become a hot topic, make the league more challenging and interesting with dual nationals jumping to small teams to make bank. Let's keep this going!

I just see the powerhouses raking in some free dough without doing much work.

Right now I see it as more beneficial for the top dogs but I see where your going with this for sure. I think all LR's are dead or semi dead. I was gonna say maybe take out some countries from IIHF but nvm.

I'm sure we can come up with an idea. At the same time I think it all depends on the group of guys you have. From players to management. If the Heads are really into it and the players are really into it it would be more hype.

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Jan 20 2015, 12:48 AM

Yeah but make is something substantial so guys want to go play for a team that can win and they get a good share of the pot. For instance, say that Canada wins it, the 5M is split among 100+ players rn... That's what, $5K? Barely any training money. But you get gold with Russia, that $5M gets split only 30 ways, so still, like $60K, which still isn't much.

I like the incentive ideas. Maybe we get money going round the IIHF circuit, and playing for lesser known teams will become a hot topic, make the league more challenging and interesting with dual nationals jumping to small teams to make bank. Let's keep this going!

Well, I thought to share that money on roster. Not ALL Canada players. Just like roster who played for that tournament, game!

Quote:Originally posted by sʞɹᴉq@Jan 19 2015, 04:59 PM

Well, I thought to share that money on roster. Not ALL Canada players. Just like roster who played for that tournament, game!

Yeah, whoops, that's obviously what you guys meant...

My bad, keep going!

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Jan 19 2015, 03:48 PM

I specified EACH player. And why the fuck would non roster players get anything? You don't get a medal if you don't play. You don't get bonuses if you didn't play.

i say 1500 TPE if a team wins 1st k

[Image: 336.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Lunaro+Jan 19 2015, 05:21 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lunaro @ Jan 19 2015, 05:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

I specified EACH player. And why the fuck would non roster players get anything? You don't get a medal if you don't play. You don't get bonuses if you didn't play.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-mpc@Jan 19 2015, 05:20 PM

Yeah, whoops, that's obviously what you guys meant...

My bad, keep going!
[/quote]

We good

Cheers

:lol:

if you want an payment for the Rankings then each time for the Rankings!

last place: each Player on that Nation 100k
and then 200k

and so on Wink

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!