Create Account

Vladimir Lidstrom Intro and press conference First article, ask a couple questions pl

Go ahead and grade first article here please

Vladimir Lidstrom Introduction

Name: Vladimir Lidstrom
Position: Defenseman (left hand)
Vitals: 6'1" 190lbs
Born: Krylbo Sweden

Basic information: If the name Vladimir Lidstrom seems kind of odd it's because he was born under strange circumstances. His mother Madusa Lidstrom is Nick Lidstrom's cousin and part of the tight knit Lidstrom family. Why does he have his mother's last name you might ask? Vladimir is the result of a weekend fling with Russian professional wrestler Vladimir Volkov. Her family was totally appalled at the situation and begged Madusa to give the child up but she refused and in order to appease her family she chose to give the baby her last name and in order to give the child a piece of his father gave him the first name of Vladimir. Like most children in Sweden he started playing hockey at an early age and became quite proficient but deep down in his heart he wanted to be a professional wrestler like his father. When he wasn't playing hockey or in school he devoured pro wrestling videos he could watch on the internet and he became a huge fan of Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes in particular. He didn't get to see much of his father growing up as he was always touring but during breaks his mother allowed him to stay with his dad. His older cousin Nick became his main role model and idol and he spent as much time with him as possible in the off season.

As Vladimir grew he always harbored the secret hope that one day he would be a wrestling star like his dad but even with a muscular frame at 190lbs he just didn't have the size to compete. His father quietly discouraged this fixation his son had with wrestling and during his visits would take him to the rink so he could play hockey with the Russian boys his age. This would prove to help a great deal in Vladimir's development as a hockey player as he was able to play in two differing systems and he soon blended the Swedish and Russian styles of play. Vladimir progressed through the Swedish youth hockey system and started making a name for himself both on and off the rink. His mother fearing that history would repeat itself sent him to stay with his cousin Nick in Detroit and away from his buxom Swedish admirers. He lived and played hockey in the Detroit area and soon became accustomed to the smaller North American ice surfaces. He was asked to play for his country on both the under 18 and under 20 teams and after some time in Detroit came home to start his career for Vasteras in the Swedish league. Now the time has come for him
to join a team in the SMJHL.

Scouting Report: Uses his superior hockey intelligence and skill and can at times be dominating. Calm and efficient in the defensive zone, great lateral skater. He has a great vision of the ice and prefers the breakout pass but can carry the puck when needed. Excellent on the point of the power play, passing is superb, usually tape to tape for one timers. Deadly accurate shot from the point as well. Defensively uses excellent anticipation and reads the play well so is almost never out of position. Almost impossible to beat one on one with a very quick stick to break up passes and shows a willingness to block shots. Although not a physical player he does have the muscular frame which should in the future allow him to play many minutes. Will usually be able to anticipate enough to move away from big body hits.

We now turn it over to Vladimir and his advisor Paul Heyman for question from our reporters in attendance:

Q: Why did you decide to join the SMJHL at this point in your career?
A: I'm looking to take a trip to Space Mountain with one of these great teams here brother!
Heyman: um sorry about that, Vladimir has only learned interviews from watching wrestling what he means is that he's here to help one of these franchises win a cup.

Q: Will you be looking to bolt from your team if you and they are successful in winning?
A: Diamonds are forever brother and so is Vladimir Lidstrom!
Heyman: I apologize again; he means he's here for the long haul with whatever team needs him.

Q: Will you try to capitalize on your cousin's name to get a position you haven't earned yet?
A: I'm a limousine ridin, jet flyin, kiss stealin, wheelin dealin son of a gun!
Heyman: Guys I really have been trying to work with him on this, Vlad will work hard to excel in whatever position he's placed in.

Q: What will you bring to the locker room, how will you fit in with the many personalities there?
A: I've wined and dined with kings and queens and I've slept in alleyways and dined on pork and beans!
Heyman: OK maybe this will go a bit better if I just answer for Vlad now, he means he's played with people from all over the world and he can easily fit in with any group.

Heyman: We'll take a few more questions now.

Q: Do you think your background in wrestling will give you an distinct advantage over your SMJHL opponents? Heyman: If word gets out it may help with the intimidation factor, especially if his 6'6 290lb father is watching from the stands.

Q: Does your father Vladimir Volkov have any relation to wrestling great Nikolai Volkov? Heyman: It's his nephew

Q: Will Paul Heyman be negotiationg your first contract? Heyman: Now that my man is a silly question, most definitely

Q: Do You have any teams you want to go to specifically? Heyman: Vlad has a soft spot quite obviously for Detroit but he just wants to play anywhere and improve his game

Q: Where do you think you will go in the draft? Heyman: Being new to this we have no idea where we'll end up. I tell you this though, whoever gets Vlad will be getting a steal

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Great intro on your player!

Cheers

Interview Do you think your background in wrestling will give you an distinct advantage over your SMJHL opponents?

Interview Does your father Vladimir Volkov have any relation to wrestling great Nikolai Volkov?

Interview Will Paul Heyman be negotiationg your first contract?

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Do You have any teams you want to go to specifically?

Where do you think you will go in the draft?