Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Mar 3 2015, 08:09 PM

I'd rather get a 3rd TE for when Witten retires than another Spread WTAMU WR.

I've heard much promise talent-wise from Carter and not from Durant. Plus if I remember correctly, Durant's a few years older than Carter.

Durant is older, but more consistent. Carter just needs to focus, has all the physical tools.

TE market is pretty weak in the draft and FA, so that's bad news on that front.

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Mar 3 2015, 06:41 PM
LeSean McCoy to Buffalo for Kiko Alonso. Wow...huge trade.

Didn't see that coming. Win-win trade tho.
Holy shit, i'm just now seeing this.

Alonso is gonna be such a good linebacker so it's tough losing him, but our defense was already phenomenal last season and what we need is offense, and McCoy is a beast.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Mar 3 2015, 08:07 PM
YALL crazy if you think they'll get AP and Gordon...lol. Dallas also doesn't have a ton of cap room and will prob just focus on their own FAs for the most part imo

Prolly right there lol, just fun speculating!

And idk about us going after our own FAs, some of our guys aren't worth going after. We tagged Dez, let go of Murray, and I think while Parnell is good we can get better in the draft.

Quote:Originally posted by Wallflower@Mar 3 2015, 09:09 PM

I don't think we talked about that as plausible. But they have enough cap room and numerous avenues to be able to get more available.

Eh they only have about 6 mil available and a ton of guys to re-sign lol

Quote:Originally posted by Wallflower@Mar 3 2015, 08:11 PM

Durant is older, but more consistent. Carter just needs to focus, has all the physical tools.

TE market is pretty weak in the draft and FA, so that's bad news on that front.

Man, if we kept Martellus...

If not TE this time round, maybe next draft. If no TE talent, focus on defense before all else really.

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Mar 3 2015, 09:11 PM

Holy shit, i'm just now seeing this.

Alonso is gonna be such a good linebacker so it's tough losing him, but our defense was already phenomenal last season and what we need is offense, and McCoy is a beast.

Yeah crazy trade man. Kiko is dope tho

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Mar 3 2015, 09:12 PM

Prolly right there lol, just fun speculating!

And idk about us going after our own FAs, some of our guys aren't worth going after. We tagged Dez, let go of Murray, and I think while Parnell is good we can get better in the draft.

Free and McClain will get re-signed I assume and you know Jerry will wanna leave room for AP. Plus I saw on ESPN that his son said he doesn't wanna build thru FA. I'm betting Dallas lays low especially if they don't cut Carr

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Mar 3 2015, 08:13 PM

Eh they only have about 6 mil available and a ton of guys to re-sign lol
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/4446...resent-numbers/

you can read that on how cap space could be made. Idk if that's it, that guy has posted like 40 novels, you can look through his pthreads started lololol

Nice tables and numbers here

Sign list:
Beasley
McClain
Spencer
Carter
Parnell if no draft prospects
Spillman
Dunbar
Selvie and Hayden if you can

Draft:
Gordon
OT
LB
DT
DE
DB

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Mar 3 2015, 08:15 PM

Free and McClain will get re-signed I assume and you know Jerry will wanna leave room for AP. Plus I saw on ESPN that his son said he doesn't wanna build thru FA. I'm betting Dallas lays low especially if they don't cut Carr

I'd keep Carr. He's a monster.

Why sign Free over Parnell? And I totally get the McClain thing, he's a bargain for talent because of his past.

And always leave room for the best of the best Smile

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Mar 3 2015, 08:13 PM

Man, if we kept Martellus...

If not TE this time round, maybe next draft. If no TE talent, focus on defense before all else really.
I'm hoping we sign Greg Hardy then it goes something like this

1. Melvin Gordon
2. Carl Davis DT
3. Kurtis Drummond, FS
4. Lorenzo Doss, CB
5. Corey Robinson, OT
7. Neville Hewitt, OLB

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Mar 3 2015, 08:20 PM

Why sign Free over Parnell? And I totally get the McClain thing, he's a bargain for talent because of his past.

Carr has the 3rd biggest cap hit out of all CBs. Overpaid as hell, but cutting him would just give us dead money

Quote:Originally posted by Wallflower@Mar 3 2015, 08:23 PM

I'm hoping we sign Greg Hardy then it goes something like this

1. Melvin Gordon
2. Carl Davis DT
3. Kurtis Drummond, FS
4. Lorenzo Doss, CB
5. Corey Robinson, OT
7. Neville Hewitt, OLB

I'd rather have Orakpo for marketability and playmaking, but that prospect list looks fantastic. We might even be able to snag Gurley in the 2nd and go with a better defensive prospect.

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Mar 3 2015, 09:20 PM

Carr was bad last year tho and I don't really know much about Parnell that's why :lol:

I just don't see the Cowgirls doing anything crazy this year. They can't really do it without sacrificing important depth imo

Quote:Originally posted by Wallflower@Mar 3 2015, 08:24 PM

Carr has the 3rd biggest cap hit out of all CBs. Overpaid as hell, but cutting him would just give us dead money

I'd rather have him as our #1 over Claiborne for now. Maybe just let Carr run out his contract and let him go from there.