Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

Bills have traded for Matt Cassel so that's their starting QB.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
10-3-2
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 1] [Pts 1] [+/- +3] [PIM 4] [Hits 9] [SB 54]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Mar 4 2015, 01:14 PM

Rex Ryan+Cassel+McCoy is a nice off-season.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Mar 4 2015, 01:14 PM
Interesting.
Not a Cassel fan or anything, but i wonder if he can manage the team well enough to get into the playoffs.
They have all the pieces around him.

Saw a football guy say Cassel is the best option out of the free agent QBs, mostly because this FA QB class is pretty weak.

Hoyer is a free agent and I thought he played decent for the Browns so I thought that if they would of gone after anyone, after McCown signed, it would be Hoyer.

Is Hoyer much different from Cassel, except you don't have to give up anything but money for him?

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
10-3-2
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 1] [Pts 1] [+/- +3] [PIM 4] [Hits 9] [SB 54]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Mar 4 2015, 01:24 PM
Saw a football guy say Cassel is the best option out of the free agent QBs, mostly because this FA QB class is pretty weak.

Hoyer is a free agent and I thought he played decent for the Browns so I thought that if they would of gone after anyone, after McCown signed, it would be Hoyer.

Is Hoyer much different from Cassel, except you don't have to give up anything but money for him?
they're pretty similar imo.
I'd probably agree that Hoyer might be slightly better, but Cassel is more proven

Either Cassel or Hoyer will be fine for what Buffalo wants them for. They are literally in the worst position quarterback wise, because there is nothing but garbage on the market this year.

Speaking of which, 8 days left for Chicago to decide on Cutler and Marshall. I really hope they keep both players. Looking at the QB options out there, Cutler is head and shoulders the best choice.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

I wonder if Buffalo will still go after Sanchez or if they're going to go with Cassell as the guy to "challenge" EJ. Personally I would've liked them to take a chance on Bradford simply because he still has lots of potential and if it doesn't work he wouldn't be any worse than EJ.

Quote:Originally posted by Elyk@Mar 4 2015, 01:57 PM
I wonder if Buffalo will still go after Sanchez or if they're going to go with Cassell as the guy to "challenge" EJ. Personally I would've liked them to take a chance on Bradford simply because he still has lots of potential and if it doesn't work he wouldn't be any worse than EJ.

St Louis wants way too much for Bradford imo.

Anyways, Cassel is pretty decent tbh. Not great but not terrible. Upgrade from Kyle Orton. Buffalo could be a playoff team next year

Quote:Originally posted by Elyk@Mar 4 2015, 01:57 PM
Bradford's still "the guy" for Jeff Fisher right now.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Mar 4 2015, 02:07 PM

St Louis wants way too much for Bradford imo.

Anyways, Cassel is pretty decent tbh. Not great but not terrible. Upgrade from Kyle Orton. Buffalo could be a playoff team next year
I'll be interested to see how LeSean McCoy does next year because I think the Bills have a decent shot at the playoffs next year.

Not picking up Wilforks option, not tagging Mccourty, and Revis still not resigned/restructured. I'm hoping the Wilfork move is to sign those two but I'm getting a bit nervous lol

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 5 2015, 11:50 AM
Not picking up Wilforks option, not tagging Mccourty, and Revis still not resigned/restructured.  I'm hoping the Wilfork move is to sign those two but I'm getting a bit nervous lol
i still think were going to pay Revis…no way we let him walk.
hearing that Wilfork could be back if he takes a pay cut, but i doubt he will.
who knows tho

i like McCourty, but were not going to pay him top safety money, which he will get on the open market.
frankly i think he's pretty overrated…he's no Earl Thomas.
solid player, but replaceable.

if he wants to take a discount, id love him back tho

Mayo has a 10.3mil cap hit next year too…so expect him to either re-negotiate or get cut.
we could have enough to keep Revis, McCourty, and Wifork…if McCourty and Wilfork take a discount.

wish Belichick didn't have such a hard-on for Arrington, but it is what it is

I hope Revis goes back to New York lol

Colts not re-signing Reggie Wayne
Michael Oher signs with the Panthers

Brandon Marshall to be traded to the Jets.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]