Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

The Bills should've targeted Flynn this off-season since Fitzpatrick, imo, isn't good enough to lead them to the playoffs. Though, they may make it in spite of him, like the 49ers last year with Smith.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 21 2012, 06:32 PM
The Bills should've targeted Flynn this off-season since Fitzpatrick, imo, isn't good enough to lead them to the playoffs. Though, they may make it in spite of him, like the 49ers last year with Smith.
hard to say, they just gave Fitz a nice contract and he played a good part of last season with broken ribs, before the injury was when the team had its hot start, when he got hurt they were 5-2 and it went downhill from there. I think they need to give him a chance this season with a better defense behind him and a healthy Fred Jackson.

I do really like Flynn though, but Gailey loves Fitzpatrick and he's comfortable with the offense so I think for now it's wise to stick with him.

Let's get some NFL Draft talk going.

Why did Barron have to rise so much?!
I was hoping the Pats could get him at 27. <_<

Either way, right now I'm hoping for Nick Perry/Shea McClellin/Harrison Smith.

Past players:
(S3) C/D - Turd Ferguson (HOF)
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner
(S13) RW - Christian Bauer
(S18) D - Turd Ferguson, Jr.
(S30) D - William Goddard

My 2012 NFL Mock Draft:

1. Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Washington Redskins – Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings – Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4. Cleveland Browns – Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
6. St. Louis Rams – Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
7. Jacksonville Jaguars – Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina
8. Miami Dolphins – Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
9. Carolina Panthers – Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
10. Buffalo Bills – Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
11. Kansas City Chiefs – David DeCastro, G, Stanford
12. Seattle Seahawks – Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
13. Arizona Cardinals – Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
14. Dallas Cowboys – Mark Barron, SS, Alabama
15. Philadelphia Eagles – Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
16. New York Jets – Courtney Upshaw, DE, Alabama
17. Cincinnati Bengals – Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
18. San Diego Chargers – Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse
19. Chicago Bears – Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
20. Tennessee Titans – Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
21. Cincinnati Bengals – Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia
22. Cleveland Browns – Kendall Wright, WR/KR, Baylor
23. Detroit Lions – Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
24. Pittsburgh Steelers – Don’t’a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
25. Denver Broncos – Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
26. Houston Texans – Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB, Illinois
27. New England Patriots – Shea McClellin, DE/OLB, Boise State
28. Green Bay Packers – Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
29. Baltimore Ravens – Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
30. San Fransisco 49ers – Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
31. New England Patriots – Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame
32. New York Giants – Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford

I considered having the Browns trading up to 31 to get someone like Brandon Weeden, but they have the 37th pick, and he should fall past Indianapolis, Washington, Minnesota, and Tampa Bay easily. Plus I'm hearing that the Pats like Harrison Smith.
Also, I'm really surprised that Michael Floyd and Fletcher Cox fell this far in my mock draft. I could see Floyd at 10 and Cox at 9 though.

Past players:
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner

So Coples is forming his own team? Tongue

Btw, I hate the Giants pick. If they take an offense lineman in the first round, I'm punching a baby.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Apr 22 2012, 03:26 PM
So Coples is forming his own team? Tongue

Btw, I hate the Giants pick. If they take an offense lineman in the first round, I'm punching a baby.
I could see them taking a RB like Martin, and they might pick Fleener if he's available (and it's likely that he does).

And I mean to send Coples to the Seahawks, lol. Tongue

Past players:
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner

Quote:Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Apr 22 2012, 04:29 PM

I could see them taking a RB like Martin, and they might pick Fleener if he's available (and it's likely that he does).&nbsp;

And I mean to send Coples to the Seahawks, lol. Tongue

I hope so, haha. Or an LB. I would love that. We need OL, yes, but we can find good ones later.

Jets are not drafting Upshaw in my opinion

They absolutely should draft Upshaw if he's on the board, but I'm hoping Reiff falls to them.

Quote:Originally posted by damien@Apr 22 2012, 04:52 PM
They absolutely should draft Upshaw if he's on the board, but I'm hoping Reiff falls to them.
Why? he does not fit the system or many NFL systems for that matter. He is great at stopping the run but he is not a premier pass-rusher which is what they need.

I have a MASSIVE problem with your theory for the Browns second first round pick. I apologize, but honestly how are the Browns to select a short, return-man receiver when it hasn't worked yet? We have Cribbs already, he can't catch the ball unless it was kicked to him. We have Robiskie and Massaquoi who are both able to be touted for speed, but not the ability to play in the NFL. Greg Little has the ability to be a #2 receiver, but not a #1. We can't target another slot guy when we need a top guy and the right side of our offensive line is so garbage they couldn't block a turtle from sacking the freaking quarterback. Colt McCoy can only succeed with good blocking, and a true number one receiver. The only one on the board at that point that I can see is Stephen Hill from Georgia Tech. He has the size, the speed, and the hands. He could be an amazing pick for them, and then I could see them trading up to #31, but not for a quarterback. They're not completely sold on McCoy, but they believe more in him than a 28 year old just entering a rookie season. They'll stick to McCoy, get a later QB (I'm actually hoping for Kellen Moore), and if they trade up take Jonathan Martin. They are REALLY high on Martin, and he'd be a great player to slot in on the right side of the line, making only one hole left to be filled on that line.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Let me make it blunt, the Browns will regret for the next decade not trading up to get RG3.

Btw, I think the Vikings are dumb as shit if they pass on Blackmon. Kid will be a superstar in the NFL and while their O-Line is shit, they can find one later. Imagine AP, Blackmon, and Harvin all on offense together. I'm drooling already. Too bad they're gonna draft a non-game changing o-lineman instead. Just look at how much taking Jake Long and Joe Thomas helped Miami and Cleveland. Both teams are amazing...ly awful...

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Apr 22 2012, 05:24 PM
Btw, I think the Vikings are dumb as shit if they pass on Blackmon. Kid will be a superstar in the NFL and while their O-Line is shit, they can find one later. Imagine AP, Blackmon, and Harvin all on offense together. I'm drooling already. Too bad they're gonna draft a non-game changing o-lineman instead. Just look at how much taking Jake Long and Joe Thomas helped Miami and Cleveland. Both teams are amazing...ly awful...
Disagree completely, while Blackmon is great he is not on the level of C.Johnson or even A.Greene was last year. They should just take the safe bet on Kalil and get the best O-Line prospect since J.Thomas IMO.