Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Rapsody killed her verse.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Gorlab missed the point of Kendrick calling himself the king of New York

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Mar 16 2015, 06:32 AM
Gorlab missed the point of Kendrick calling himself the king of New York

What was it? That New York has fallen off and no longer is the trend setter in hip hop?

If so it's moronic.

Itt: white kids saying the n-word cause it's a hip hop thread Rolleyes

Cept you leo

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

there's this new rapper named corpsegrinder check him out Smile

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Have any of you guys listened to Jon Connor?

Quote:Originally posted by GOLFlab@Mar 16 2015, 07:44 AM

What was it? That New York has fallen off and no longer is the trend setter in hip hop?

If so it's moronic.
Nope thats certainly not it.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Then please enlighten me MAXY cuz im sure you are so versed in the knowledge that your interpretation is exactly what Kendrick Lamar intended it to be.

Quote:Originally posted by Ragnar#sweg( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)@Mar 16 2015, 10:27 AM
Itt: white kids saying the n-word cause it's a hip hop thread Rolleyes

Cept you leo

Mines from a song.

Quote:Originally posted by GOLFlab@Mar 16 2015, 10:57 AM
Then please enlighten me MAXY cuz im sure you are so versed in the knowledge that your interpretation is exactly what Kendrick Lamar intended it to be.
Well considering Kendrick is a Compton Kid, and features that pretty prominently in his music, I doubt he's seriously considering himself "The King of New York" as there'd be no reason whatsoever for him to want to be anything of New York. If I'm not mistaken isn't the full line "I'm Makaveli's offspring, I'm the King of New York".... Therefore it's relatively simple to see Makaveli=Tupac, King of New York= Frank White (You know, from the movie, King of New York), which BIG consistently called himself. Therefore if anything he's probably saying he's a spiritual successor to those 2. Not calling himself the King of New York... Since, you know, he's not from New York,

Kendrick ' s whole Control verse was braggadocio and a challenge to other rappers. He does consider himself the King of New York because no one is better than him so of course he's the King.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 16 2015, 11:15 AM
Kendrick ' s whole Control verse was braggadocio and a challenge to other rappers. He does consider himself the King of New York because no one is better than him so of course he's the King.
Well he's absolutely better than any of the trash coming out of NY now a days. Outside of the underground shit (Love me some Pharoahe Monch) New York is shit now-a-days

ATL rap rn >

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 16 2015, 11:17 AM

Well he's absolutely better than any of the trash coming out of NY now a days. Outside of the underground shit (Love me some Pharoahe Monch) New York is shit now-a-days
:lol: Don't underestimate NY's rappers. They're quickly rising and so is Chicago, but Kendrick doesn't disappoint.

EDIT: I missed the part where you said the underground shit.

Quote:Originally posted by Jon@Mar 16 2015, 12:16 PM

:lol: Don't underestimate NY's rappers. They're quickly rising and so is Chicago, but Kendrick doesn't disappoint.
Edit: Saw your Edit. I agree on Chicago though Smile