Create Account

Kyle Prince Post-Season Presser Prince answers YOUR questions!

As the SMJHL season comes to a close with the Kelowna Knights pulling off an impressive championship-winning series against Detroit, the league's attention shifts to the upcoming draft and the possibility of new and exciting prospects.
One of those new and exciting prospects is Calgary-Born goaltender Kyle Prince.

Originally seen as quite an unknown entity, Prince has pushed himself to become one of the top goaltending prospects in the coming draft. He's drawn a lot of attention this off-season, and a press conference since then was long overdue.

The crowd in this Calgary boardroom is much thicker than last time.
A few more major news outlets have drawn interest from the young goalie.

Kyle sits tall, looking a bit more well-built than the last time as well. To be tributed to his off-season workout routine, no doubt.

His agent takes a quick look across the room before leaning into the microphone.

"The floor is open for any questions at this time".

Interview Are there any teams in particular you'd like to be drafted to?

"Well, I did just cover my preferred SMJHL teams not long ago... so I'm going to talk about my favourite SHL teams for this question, if that's alright. I grew up in Calgary and played for the Calgary Jr Dragons in my junior hockey career, so obviously winding up in Calgary would be somewhat of a dream come true. But really, I'm willing to go to any team. Whoever takes me is getting a committed winner."

Interview Tell us about yourself. What can you add to a team?

"My main asset that I bring, aside from my goaltending skill, is my passion and attitude. I refuse to lose, it's not in my vocabulary. I won at every level. I have a fire and a drive to win every game that I play, and I plan on one day carrying that drive into the SHL and winning a few cups before my time is up."

Interview What most recent SMJHL goalie do you look up to the most?

"For recent SMJHL goalies? I really like Mark Harter with the Kelowna Knights. He did one thing with the Knights, and that was win. That's what I respect most in a goaltender. It's not the save percentage, the GAA or anything like that. It's all about wins."

Interview What is the biggest asset you bring to a team's locker room?

"On that exact same note, I feel I can bring the same thing he did with the Knights. A person who has one objective, and that's winning. I'm not the kind of person to let personal stats or anything stand in the way. I could care less how many goals I let in, as long as we win every game we play. Of course, it certainly helps if I don't let in many goals."

Interview What kind of a person will you be, in the locker room? The jokester? Quiet and reserved?

"I tend to keep things serious, yet light on a regular basis. I wouldn't call myself a jokester or quiet, but I'm lighthearted. That is, until crunch-time comes and we're in a tough game. I take the game extremely seriously, everything else I try to keep light and easy."

Interview Besides your self, who would you draft with the first overall?

"Wow, that's a really good question actually. Um, I haven't been able to get a great look at some of the other prospects, but from what I've seen Beau Ballard looks really good. He looks like the kind of center that could change a team one day, you know? I'm excited to stop him one day. Obviously you want to take a player who's going to compete to win day in and day out, though. It's hard to say who that is right now. A lot of it depends on who wins the draft lottery as well, and what their positional needs are."

Welcome to the SMJHL!

Are there any teams in particular you'd like to be drafted to?

Tell us about yourself. What can you add to a team?

Good luck!

What most recent SMJHL goalie do you look up to the most?

What is the biggest asset you bring to a team's locker room?

Questions have been answered!

Bumping just to see if I get anymore questions before I close this up

What kind of a person will you be, in the locker room? The jokester? Quiet and reserved?

Besides your self, who would you draft with the first overall?

Answered them!
Great questions, guys.