Create Account

UK goaltender anounces pre draft press conference

Lee Bowden nevoursly shuffles out to take a seat in front of the waiting press acoumpanied by his agent who whispers something in his ear as he sits, he still looks awkward after these words. He sits silently for a few moments before taping the mic infront of him, feedback floods form the speakers. "Em.. Uhh I'll be taking your questions now, I guess." He utters nervously.

Quote:Originally posted by Ohtaay+Mar 30 2015, 01:40 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ohtaay @ Mar 30 2015, 01:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Any certain junior team that you want to play for?

There are a lot of goalies in this draft, if you are beat out by another goalie, are you willing to be a backup ?[/b]

-coughs loudly- tbh sir I'd be absolutley honoured to play in this league for any team, I'd love the opportunity to play for any of the storied franchises that make up the league. Honestly making it to the show would be a magical experience and I hope to make it a long and successful one.

In awnser to your second question I'd take the atitude I had playing backup in field hockey in highschool and starter at ice hockey in university to me with me to the big leagues. If my team needs me to start I start, if my team needs me to sit I sit, if my team needs me to sweat I sweat and if my team needs me to bleed I bleed.

Lee looks slightly more calm now

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Mar 30 2015, 02:51 PM<br />Hello Lee! Fellow British rookie Buster Killington, here. What do you think rookies like us - motivated, skilled, and just - will be able to do for the Crown?

I don't know if you saw the game against Ireland yesterday, but it's evident they need some help.

Uk

Playing for my country is one of the main things I'm looking forward to, it's good to see fellow British talent entering this level at the same time as myself. As for what we can do for the crown I hope we can expand the game back home and generate interest in the sport. As you know yourself Britain isint the biggest market for hockey in the world and I really think we can change that if we are seem to being doing well over here. I look forward to seeing out on the ice even if we go to seperate teams Smile

Quote:Originally posted by pizzarony@Mar 30 2015, 03:30 PM<br />What's your opinion of the Kelowna Knights?

Would you want to go to Kelowna?

Kelowna Knights seem like a great organisation to play for and if their willing to give me the opourtunity I'll give nothing short of my best to make the fans and the organisation proud

<!--QuoteBegin-mpc@Mar 30 2015, 03:36 PM
With the extreme depth at goaltender this draft, what makes you a rarity that deserves precedence over other prospects?

Which teams do you want to contact you about being drafted? Why those teams?

Where do you see yourself going in the draft?

Have you had any interaction with the GMs of the UK IIHF team? What are your projections for playing for the Crown alongside the SMJHL?

Which skaters of your draft class would you want to be drafted with?
[/quote]

I'd have to say my work effort and sheer love for the game, during my time in the UK leagues the team I played for went under significant financial strain to the point of not properly being able to pay team salary. I took the wage cut for the season and sacrificed everything for the teams sake, I litteraly lived for ice hockey that season. I had to cut friendships, social life and even a love life to keep my carear a float.

To be honest Im open to all offers, If I had to pick any one in particular it would be kelwona purely bassed that I like the uniform. But I'm more than happy to play for any organisation as all would give me a great opourtunity.

Going into this draft I'd hope to be drafted about mid draft, I'd like to be first round but in such a goalie heavy draft teams are really having to think about witch one they want if any of us so I might even slip to last round. Wherever I go I won't be disappointed and neither will the organisation that gets me.

I have not talked to them yet but I am more than interested In playing internationaly putting on my countries Jersey... I can think of no bigger honour.

I'd love to play alongside fellow British player buster killington as I think as we both come from the UK there would be an instant chemistry in the locker room between us Smile

Any certain junior team that you want to play for?

There are a lot of goalies in this draft, if you are beat out by another goalie, are you willing to be a backup ?

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Ohtaay@Mar 30 2015, 01:40 AM
Any certain junior team that you want to play for?

There are a lot of goalies in this draft, if you are beat out by another goalie, are you willing to be a backup ?

-coughs loudly- tbh sir I'd be absolutley honoured to play in this league for any team, I'd love the opportunity to play for any of the storied franchises that make up the league. Honestly making it to the show would be a magical experience and I hope to make it a long and successful one.

In awnser to your second question I'd take the atitude I had playing backup in field hockey in highschool and starter at ice hockey in university to me with me to the big leagues. If my team needs me to start I start, if my team needs me to sit I sit, if my team needs me to sweat I sweat and if my team needs me to bleed I bleed.

Lee looks slightly more calm now

Just a heads up, you should put your replies in your original post, so you can get paid for the answers !

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Cheers

Hello Lee! Fellow British rookie Buster Killington, here. What do you think rookies like us - motivated, skilled, and just - will be able to do for the Crown?

I don't know if you saw the game against Ireland yesterday, but it's evident they need some help.

Uk

[Image: OaSEcaw]

What's your opinion of the Kelowna Knights?

Would you want to go to Kelowna?

With the extreme depth at goaltender this draft, what makes you a rarity that deserves precedence over other prospects?

Which teams do you want to contact you about being drafted? Why those teams?

Where do you see yourself going in the draft?

Have you had any interaction with the GMs of the UK IIHF team? What are your projections for playing for the Crown alongside the SMJHL?

Which skaters of your draft class would you want to be drafted with?