Create Account

Montreal Impact S8 Preseason Review

[Image: le-centre-Bell.jpg]

(Preseason Action at the Bell Centre)

Montreal Impact S8 Preseason Review

The Montreal Impact and there fans expect alot from the S8 players, having just come off a NWJHL Cup Championship the fans want a repeat and the GM's have tried to build a contender once again this year.

As a result it was no surprise to feel the excitement in the air at the Bell Centre as the Impact took to the ice to play there 1st of 6 preseason games. The preseason this year is divided into two days, with the Impact playing a grueling 3 games per day.

Unfortunatley, the Impact stumbled out of the gate, scoring only 1 goal in there first 3 games, losing all three games.

However, there was a silver lining and that was the play of Heiss and the defence, specifically Reese King and Matikainen-Kallstrom Schwarzenager, which helped send two of those three games into a shootout.

Heiss : Our defence was great, they helped me see the lanes and get a good look at the puck before it got to me. If I can see it, I have a good chance to stop it. If King and MKS and the other guys can keep this up we should be in every game we play this year.

Heiss was 1st and 3rd star in two of those three losses, which also indicates how much of an Impact he has made to the club.

NWJHL Scout : I thought Heiss was a stretch to be picked 4th overall, but he is showing he has some talent, maybe he was worth it afterall.

[Image: 114882543_crop_650x440.jpg?1310051257]

(Armin Brovalchuk, Cris Lakes and Bryan Whisonant celebrate after a goal)

The second day couldn't come any sooner for the offense, as they wanted to prove to the Montreal faithful they could be just as potent as the defense was in the first three games...

And that they did...

In the next three games they scored 10 goals helping lead the Montreal Impact to an undefeated day 2 in preseason.

Armin Brovslchuk lead the offense with 3 goals and 2 assists, while only taking 2 penalty minutes, this allowed Armin to be on the ice during crutial game situation.

Cris Lakes as also an offensive force and seemed to grow more comfortable playing on a line with Armin and Bryan. Cris registered 2 goals and 3 assists and tied Armin for the Impact Points leader during preseason.

Heiss : We know we have some great offensive weapons on this team and they are starting to click as the season gets underway which is the perfect time. It should be a really exciting season!

Heiss finished the pre-season with a league best .957 sv % and a 0.81 GGA, while the Impact finished the season with a 3-1-2 record.

[Image: CanadaWins.jpg]

Montreal Impact Regular Season Prediction

There can be no doubt that the Impact are one of the favorite teams in the NWJHL to finish 1st in the Eastern Conference.

They have a talent laiden group of individuals, and have proven there defensive end play is one of the best in the entire league and with the offense rolling, the sky is the limit.

Montreal Impact finish 1st in the NWJHL Eastern Conference, followed closely by the Detroit Falcons who had a great preaseason. In fact I can see these two teams battling it out until the final game of the NWJHL regular season.

~600 words and 3 pictures

Ilike

you had an unbelievable preseason heiss and can't wait to see you shutout tons of teams in the season. Vive L'Impact :impact: :impact: :impact: !

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Nice article. Hopefully the preseason showed how deadly Cris Lakes will be.