Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by Josh@May 27 2015, 04:40 PM

I am on listen number 2. It is very hit or miss from a lyrical and melodic standpoint.

In fairness, Rocky is not known for his lyricism. His appeal for me comes from him ability to just flat out rap. He's got a god-like flow and has the ability to make an economics lecture sound riveting.

That's too newskool

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 27 2015, 12:44 PM

In fairness, Rocky is not known for his lyricism. His appeal for me comes from him ability to just flat out rap. He's got a god-like flow and has the ability to make an economics lecture sound riveting.

Having a good flow is great but there needs to be sustenance behind it.

That kanye verse (if you can call it that) is the worst shit ever.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Josh@May 27 2015, 04:47 PM

Having a good flow is great but there needs to be sustenance behind it.

That kanye verse (if you can call it that) is the worst shit ever.

Ya Kanye's verse is the wackest shit I've heard him release. I like the beat from him though, but his verse is dogshit.

Anyone heard the Dizzy Wright "The Growing Process"?

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 27 2015, 12:48 PM

Ya Kanye's verse is the wackest shit I've heard him release. I like the beat from him though, but his verse is dogshit.

Like it makes even worse when you are using the lyrics thing on spotify to go through the album.

The best advice, is no advice, especially when its your advice.

FOH

Quote:Originally posted by Josh@May 27 2015, 04:53 PM

Like it makes even worse when you are using the lyrics thing on spotify to go through the album.

The best advice, is no advice, especially when its your advice.

FOH

Using the same ghostwriter as Dre clearly.

"Never let me slip, cause if I slip then I'm slippin"

Also, new stuff from The Weeknd:

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzTuBuRdAyA"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzTuBuRdAyA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 27 2015, 03:55 PM
Also, new stuff from The Weeknd:

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzTuBuRdAyA"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzTuBuRdAyA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>
Gosh, follow the rules of your own thread smh

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@May 27 2015, 05:09 PM

Gosh, follow the rules of your own thread smh

Meh, I broke them long ago. When I made that rule, the old thread was getting flooded with them and it was hurting load times. There was also a thread dedicated to just videos. That thread is long gone.

Imma need to take over this thread if we manage to leave this r&b thingy out of it

Been rocking to August Alsina quite a bit lately, no regrets.

Quote:Originally posted by stevo@May 27 2015, 01:21 PM
Imma need to take over this thread if we manage to leave this r&b thingy out of it

Sorry man we already have a king (Myself), and a queen (Spangs)

you are welcome to be part of the public.

JT is hit or miss.

Example - showing me the new stuff when Cyhi came out with it = hit
Example - saying Bronson was a top 5 album in any year = miss

Note: I'm exaggerating on the Bronson, but he really likes him and I personally don't at all.