Create Account

S24 - Pre Season Index

Quote:Originally posted by Joker5123@Jun 17 2015, 02:20 PM
Once you retire that player you can no longer develop him, do anything with him etc. You're stuck with your new player...

Why does he continue you to play games? That's the whole point. If his player was in the shl it may make sense but since he's playing in smjhl it is absolutely pointless

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Jun 17 2015, 02:22 PM

Why does he continue you to play games? That's the whole point.  If his player was in the shl it may make sense but since he's playing in smjhl it is absolutely pointless
Yeahthat

You guys would be able to understand this rule better were this draft class not so stacked. Half the time, we have trouble getting 2 active lines and 2 active pairings together, so we often need these players for the sake of realism

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

I'm having a hard time disagreeing with them tbh...Bjorn retired, he was an SMJHL player, he didn't re-create either...I don't see why he's playing this season.

The one thing I do see though is the fact that draft classes are never usually this stacked so having retired players play one last season to keep the lines full sort of makes sense...

I don't know actually, I'm on the fence...both arguments make sense.

Quote:Originally posted by JHS@Jun 17 2015, 02:27 PM
You guys would be able to understand this rule better were this draft class not so stacked. Half the time, we have trouble getting 2 active lines and 2 active pairings together, so we often need these players for the sake of realism
Okay, that is a fair viewpoint, I think I can offer a better proposal though. Having a stud retired player being one of the best players in the league is strange to me, that spot should be for active players.

So, how about if someone retires and are over 200TPE they have to respec and follow inactive player rules. So cut down to 200TPE and redo his stats.

Just a thought, but It seems silly to me that a retired player is playing huge minutes as one of the best players in the league. If they were in the SHL the reasoning makes sense, but in the SMJHL I dont think so.

Has this ever happened before? Where a guy retires but never makes it out of the SMJHL?

I can understand requesting a rule change, because I doubt this was seriously considered when discussing the rule.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JHS@Jun 17 2015, 02:27 PM

That's why they have inactives, and inactives have a cap so they aren't starting over rookies the entire season.

I think the rule is good as is, this situation doesnt happen often in such a stacked draft class and I dont see a point in changing a good rule because of 1 time where it isnt perfect

thanks @suavemente !

Quote:Originally posted by JHS@Jun 17 2015, 02:38 PM
I think the rule is good as is, this situation doesnt happen often in such a stacked draft class and I dont see a point in changing a good rule because of 1 time where it isnt perfect

That's actually the exact time when you do change a rule.

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Jun 17 2015, 02:39 PM

That's actually the exact time when you do change a rule.

No, you change a rule when the game has changed to where it has made it obsolete. Here, we have probably the one situation when the rule isnt perfect. In a draft class where there was even a slightly smaller number of actives, nobody would mind this.

thanks @suavemente !

Quote:Originally posted by Ballerstorm@Jun 17 2015, 06:20 PM

What does it matter when youre already one of the best players in the SMJHL capped at 350? They should only be allowed if they follow the inactive player rules of under 200TPE

I can only sign an FA of 200 TPE, i can get higher if they are sent down. Its not my fault Knutsen retired, no one knows why he did. He was being sent down, him retiring and being sent down offers me no advantage, just means he fucked toronto

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JHS@Jun 17 2015, 02:38 PM
But the rule isn't good as is... Hell, why not just amend it so it is for SHL only. Anyone who retires in juniors is out right away. I mean if the rule was meant for SHL and no one thought it would happen in juniors why not just eliminate that part of it

Quote:Originally posted by Mook@Jun 17 2015, 02:43 PM

I can only sign an FA of 200 TPE, i can get higher if they are sent down. Its not my fault Knutsen retired, no one knows why he did. He was being sent down, him retiring and being sent down offers me no advantage, just means he fucked toronto
Would you think this way if Benson retired and came back to Kelowna? Or even more so if that happened and we had just won the cup?

Quote:Originally posted by Ballerstorm@Jun 17 2015, 02:46 PM

But the rule isn't good as is... Hell, why not just amend it so it is fat SHL only. Anyone who retires in juniors is out right away. I mean if the rule was meant for SHL and no one thought it would happen in juniors why not just eliminate that part of it

He was already being sent down from Toronto. Whats the point in screwing Mook out of someone he planned on being on his team?

thanks @suavemente !

Quote:Originally posted by Ballerstorm@Jun 17 2015, 02:47 PM

Would you think this way if Benson retired and came back to Kelowna? Or even more so if that happened and we had just won the cup?

It's different because Benson wasnt being sent down, whereas Knutsen was

thanks @suavemente !