Create Account

2014-15 Ottawa Senators Discussion

Quote:Originally posted by ORIGINSZ@Jun 17 2015, 10:42 PM
Hiller I think will get traded Ramo stays
Who wants Hiller though? Overpaid and streaky and was outplayed in the playoffs. Hiller is 33 and he doesn't like being a backup, Calgary will have a damn near impossible time trading him when there's better options available that aren't 33.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by 12jmoritz@Jun 17 2015, 10:59 PM

I remember the organization souring on him before the trade, sinking his trade value. Hall doesn't have that problem and neither does Eberle. The only one who has really had any trouble with the FO is Yakupov
Idk there's been rumors about Hall having an attitude problem but I guess that'll be tested with a real front office for the first time in his career this year.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Murray said today that he is packaging a goalie with a defenceman for a deal and could move the 1st in that deal for a top player.

Also Cameron re-signed which is great news!

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91@Jun 18 2015, 06:19 AM
Good points on the Bishop trade, but I think that's why your going to see Murray going out and making a big splash with Lehner. Yes I'd tend to believe that Cowen would be part of that deal since he has been rumoured for 2 years now and you could also slap Greening's name down as he gathered interest during the trade deadline last season and the Sens don't want him.

Yes the goalie landscape is a little fucky right now but [b]I'm a good way for teams with them I believe.
Don't get me wrong though I think this whole moving Lehner and putting all that trust in Hammond, Anderson, and O'Conner is going to kill this team, but I hope I'm wrong.[/b]

You are wrong, it is not a sellers market for goalies.. It is very much a buyers market

Quote:Originally posted by Kinsler@Jun 18 2015, 11:43 AM

You are wrong, it is not a sellers market for goalies.. It is very much a buyers market

I've always had a problem with the buyers and sellers market because it has to be both...it is a buyers market, you're right, but for the Sens it's a sellers market, which usually means they will get pretty good return cause that buyer need this goalie.

FalconsJapanpride

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91@Jun 18 2015, 11:47 AM

I've always had a problem with the buyers and sellers market because it has to be both...it is a buyers market, you're right, but for the Sens it's a sellers market, which usually means they will get pretty good return cause that buyer need this goalie.
It's a buyers market because there are a ton of goalies in Lehner's class that are available.

Lehner is a dime a dozen goalie right now dude

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 18 2015, 11:17 AM

Who wants Hiller though? Overpaid and streaky and was outplayed in the playoffs. Hiller is 33 and he doesn't like being a backup, Calgary will have a damn near impossible time trading him when there's better options available that aren't 33.

He's got one year at 4.5 lol for a goalie that can give you 40-50 games that's not over paid lol. Most starting goalies minus young goalies make more

Especially given he only has one year left not exactly a long term commitment.

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by #NoBradyNoBanner@Jun 18 2015, 11:51 AM

It's a buyers market because there are a ton of goalies in Lehner's class that are available.

Lehner is a dime a dozen goalie right now dude

Alot in his class not in his potential though. But ya lots of goalies only so many spots. Kinda like the SHL right now lol

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91+Jun 18 2015, 12:47 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (drodger91 @ Jun 18 2015, 12:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

I've always had a problem with the buyers and sellers market because it has to be both...it is a buyers market, you're right, but for the Sens it's a sellers market, which usually means they will get pretty good return cause that buyer need this goalie.[/b]

k you don't understand simple economics.

buyers market: lots of goalies available, prices are low

sellers market: lots of demand for goalies: prices are high

the present market is a buyers market because there's upwards of 20 goalies of similar talent to lehner, and only about 3-5 teams looking for goalies

<!--QuoteBegin-ORIGINSZ@Jun 18 2015, 01:08 PM

Alot in his class not in his potential though. But ya lots of goalies only so many spots. Kinda like the SHL right now lol
[/quote]

goalie potential is largely an unknown.. i can't even recall the last goalie with potential that followed even remotely their projection, its largely why goalies aren't selected in the first 2 rounds of the draft

good SHL comparison actually.. and like in SHL a lot of pro goalie careers flake out and die in AHL because they never get the chance to prove themselves.. almost happened to Hammond for example

if i have to pay taylor hall or jordan eberle to get lehner i am going to say Smile)Smile)Smile)

fuck you and fuck that, and then i'm going to give vancouver a 3rd round pick for Markstrom instead

Quote:Originally posted by Kinsler@Jun 18 2015, 12:29 PM

k you don't understand simple economics.

buyers market: lots of goalies available, prices are low

sellers market: lots of demand for goalies: prices are high

the present market is a buyers market because there's upwards of 20 goalies of similar talent to lehner, and only about 3-5 teams looking for goalies

goalie potential is largely an unknown.. i can't even recall the last goalie with potential that followed even remotely their projection, its largely why goalies aren't selected in the first 2 rounds of the draft

good SHL comparison actually.. and like in SHL a lot of pro goalie careers flake out and die in AHL because they never get the chance to prove themselves.. almost happened to Hammond for example

Price, Bernier I think is but plays on an awful team, Mason seems to have refound his form.

Lehner has been great for strechs and awful for strechs like his team

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by ORIGINSZ@Jun 18 2015, 12:53 PM

Price, Bernier I think is but plays on an awful team,&nbsp; Mason seems to have refound his form.

Lehner has been great for strechs and awful for strechs like his team

You could add Bishop, Howard, Rask, Allen, Fleury...I could keep going to be honest. Most starters in the NHL were at one point a high prospect I'd be willing to bet.

But I didn't come here to start a war over what goalie is good and bad, just to talk Sens with other Sens fans.

As for the explanation on buyers and sellers...thanks =D> I didn't mean by definition, I just don't feel like they label them properly because every year its something different and then it doesn't even play out like that, and yes there are many goalies available but like I said, I feel Lehner holds more value then most others.

FalconsJapanpride

Lehner's Concussion worries me as an Oilers Fan.

My Goalie wishlist:

1a.Dubnyk
1b.Niemi
1c. Anderson
4a. Lack
4bTalbot
6. Lehner

Oilers need a proven goalie, plain and simple. No more Fasth/Scrivens type goalie.

[Image: hallsy.png]

if you aren't going to use the words as they're defined, you can't expect a conversation to make sense.

In this article on TSN today Murray even recognizes the crowded goalie market and the corresponding effect it will have on the return he can expect.

based on his quotes, its pretty obvious teams have blown him off in preference for prices on talbot and lack

edit:

"We've had a number of teams call and inquire about what the price would be and we've talked about parts that would be required. I know there are a couple of other goalies on the market and they will use that as a negotiating tool for themselves and maybe look elsewhere," said Murray.

Ottawa is dealing from a position of power in my honest opinion...they don't HAVE to move Lehner asap...let it ride until even September if need be.