Create Account

IJH Mid-Season Scouting Report

<div align="center">[Image: NHLCentralScouting.png]</div>

<div align="center">IJH (International Josef Heiss) Mid-Season Scouting Report</div>

I have decided to put together a little scouting report for SHL teams on what I perceive are the top talents in the NWJHL at the mid-season mark. However my ranking system will be slightly different so I want to explain it to you prior to giving my lists.

I will be breaking down the NWJHL players in the following ways:

1. Activity – This is a key for SHL team I am guessing as an inactive player won’t update, etc. However I take it further, I check activity based on Pbp’s, articles and to a minor degree posts to determine this rating/tie breakers.

2. Bank Account – SHL training costs $$$$$ and if you bank account is low then you won’t be as able to produce once you hit a SHL team, so those with higher bank accounts will be noted and given a higher ranking as a result.

Note - I am going by what is currently listed in the bank, if that is not accurate, blame the banker not me

3. TPE – If you haven’t been updating doing PT’s or training your TPE will be lower and as a result your ability to impact the SHL will be lower, so you will have a lower ranking.

4. Area’s to Improve – Since the first three should be “Pro’s” for most people on the list I will comment on what I see as potential ways for the player to improve his standing in the rankings for the year-end review.

5. Comments - These are my own personal comments on the player.

I will also not being doing a standard Top Draft List , however I will do a top 5-8 list for EACH position listed below:

• Forwards (Top 7)
• Defensemen (Top 6)
• Goalies (Top 4)

Once again these are all my opinions and my comments, therefore my research could be off as it took hours to complete this and mind was turning to jelly by the end of it, however it will give a rough idea of the top talent in reach area.

Send downs are not on this list, as this is strictly for SHL Draft Purposes.

Also of note, I have NOT taken into account re-create status, so even though we know re-creates will go higher in the SHL Draft, if they do not meet the criteria I have listed above, they will not be on this list or will be lower as a result.

Shall we begin?

<div align="center">[Image: sidney-crosby-smile.jpg]</div>

Forwards

1. Armin Brovalchuk (MTL)
Activity – A+
Bank Account – A+++
TPE – A+

Area’s to improve – Some SHL teams have some ill will toward Armin, however he currently has shown nothing but a positive attitude in an effort to rebuild his rep. The SHL team that overlooks Armin, might be overlooking the next SHL Stud.

Comments: Armin’s activity in the league is off the charts, he does PT’s and updated his player regularly and should soon see a ridiculously high bank account for all his articles in the SHL and NWJHL by the end of the season. He is also is the 4th top center in the NWJHL for points so you know he can produce.

2. Grigori Pajari (VAN)
Activity – A+
Bank – A++
TPE – A+

Area’s to improve: No negatives to Grigori, he is active, has cash and does extra’s for the league and being a recreate he does not need to do many articles or pbp’s to be recognized. However unlike some recreates he is doing the PT’s and showing like a SHL GM should what it takes to be a top end talent.

Comments : I am impressed with this SHL GM’s work ethic in the NWJHL and therefore he sit 2nd behind Armin. I know he shouldn’t really be on this list, but I wanted to give credit where it was due.

3. Draco Malfoy (BOS)
Activity – A+
Bank – A++
TPE – A-

Area’s to improve: Draco will be one of the first players off the board in this year’s SHL draft, we all know this being a top end recreate. Draco has the cash and overall activity to be #1, however his TPE is lower than Armin and Grigori, if this improves by year end I can see him challenging for top spot on this list.

Comments: As mentioned Draco will be one of the top end players taken off the board next year, and I expect great things from him, surprisingly his TPE is slightly lower than even those lower in the rankings, however his huge bank account can overcome this when he joins the SHL.

4. Lucas Smith (DET)
Activity – A+
Bank Account – A+
TPE – A+

Area’s to improve: There is no glaring area to improve to Lucas Smith, he is consistently active and does pbp’s so he has a good bank account and TPE. Unfortunately due to Armin’s and Draco’s giant sized bank account, it will be hard pressed for any of the forwards to unseat them, unless something else drastically changes.

Comments : I would like to see more articles from Lucas, because I feel he has all the tools to be an elite forward in the SHL and I would him to get his name out there more as I think because me mainly does pbp’s, he might not be as well know as he should be.

5. Julien Marshal (VAN)
Activity – A+
Bank – B
TPE – A+

Area’s to improve: Julien is active on a weaker team which gives him bonus marks, but he needs to do more articles/pbp’s to make money, as his current 1.5 million is ok, but pales in comparison to the other people higher on this list then him.

Comments: I have always liked Julien and thought he was a great talent and I think he will be a solid SHLer.

6. Cris Lakes (MTL)
Activity – A-
Bank – B+
TPE – A

Area’s to improve: Cris is a solid talent and just needs to increase his bank account and activity more to jump up 2-3 spots on our rankings.

Comments: Largely unknown, Cris is a solid pick in this year’s SHL
draft and could be one of the best forward steals come draft time. Cris is a positive locker room guy with huge upside.

7. Rayne Summers (PFG)
Activity – B+
Bank – B
TPE – A

Area’s to improve : Rayne Summers doesn’t do many articles and as such sits with 1.4 million in the bank currently, so is similar to Julien Marshal and needs to make more $$ for the SHL and to promote himself.

Comments: Personally he has lots of potential; however I do not see the activity level in Rayne like I see in Julien or Lucas, so he falls lower on this list. With that being said however I can see him leap frogging several guys if he turns on the jets in the 2nd half of the season.

Forward Recap

There are several forwards that could make this list and are semi active in the NWJHL (haven’t completed weekly updates, etc), Harry Potter, Max Biggavelli, along with others, however I only wanted to list the cream of the crop, otherwise this would of taken me days to do.

<div align="center">[Image: 120107_MTL_NAS_weber.jpg]</div>

Defencemen

1. Mathew Ekblad (KEL)
Activity – A+
Bank – A++
TPE – A+

Area’s to Improve: Nothing, keep it rolling Ekblad!

Comments: Ekblad is our top D-man on this list because of his large bank account, which is great for SHL teams wondering if NWJHL players can continue training. Other than that he is in a dog fight with Weber and Reese for the #1 overall position, Ekblad needs to continue to excel in the all the above categories or Weber and Reese could overtake him my season’s end.

2. Reese King (MTL)
Activity – A+
Bank – A++
TPE – A+

Area’s to Improve: There really is nothing holding Reese from challenging for # 1 on this list, and I can see him doing this as the 2nd half of the season unfolds.

Comments : Reese is an under rated d-man that has shown it all. Reese could very easily be the steal of the S9 SHL draft if he continues to go under the radar.

3. Willie Weber (PG)
Activity – A+
Bank – A+
TPE – A+

Area’s to Improve: Bank account is good, but the guys ahead just have more $$$.

Comments: This guy is a stud and if it were not for Ekblad's and Reese’s larger than life bank account Weber could easily be our #1 defenseman in this ranking. Any SHL team would love to have a guy like this join their roster. I am interested to see if he can overtake Ekblad or Reese when the year-end rankings are released

4. Camillo D’Antonio (LA)
Activity – A+
Bank – B
TPE – A+

Area’s to Improve: Camillo’s only drawback is he lack the funds of all the d-men in front of him and though very active, he needs to increase this too overtake any of them, as they are just as active and doing weekly TPE and PT tasks.

Comments: Camillo is another top end defender that could make waves in the SHL next season and has been one of the lone bright spots for the Los Angeles Archangels (activity wise). It will be interesting to see if he can move up the draft rankings.

5. Mark Malyckyj (DET)
Activity – A+
Bank – B-
TPE – A+

Area’s to improve: Mark needs to improve his bank account, as it currently sits at only 300k if he wants to move up this draft list.

Comments: Mark has all the tools to be a top end defender for a SHL team, he just needs to amass more funds to make SHL teams want to pick him ahead of other prospects. There is no question he has the work ethic to take the next level, the question is will SHL GM’s feel the same way?

6. Daniel Carlsson (KEL)
Activity – A
Bank – C+
TPE – C+

Area’s to Improve: Very new and could be a flash in the pan, like a lot of NWJHL prospects, so only time will tell if he can maintain his intense activity or if it will fade away.

Comments : He is new and normally would not even make this list, but has shown some great activity so I have put him as my #6 pick as a dark horse to enter the year end rankings at this position or even higher.

Defensemen Recap

The defensive pool is pretty strong considering there were many fewer d-men then forwards, so I am impressed with the pool we have here. Considering last year’s draft and the flurry of defenders taken in the 1st round I can see all of the above d-men going no later than the 2nd round in next years draft.

<div align="center">[Image: quick-save.jpg]</div>

Goalies

1. Josef Heiss (MTL)
Activity – A+
Bank – A+
TPE - A++

Area’s to Improve: None, though the question for SHL teams is can he be a starter out of the gate, as there might be some SHL teams looking for a starter next season. Either way, Heiss has stated he has no problem being a back-up for two-three years.

Comments: Heiss is the stud of the goalies, more active than any of the others (though Jaska is close), he is almost completely capped in the NWJHL at less than 20 games in, imagine what this goalie could do for a SHL team when there is no training cap…

2. Jaska Tillikainen (KEL)
Activity – A+
Bank – A+
TPE – A+

Area’s to Improve: Jaska has almost as much money as Josef Heiss and is very active so he is #2 on this list. If Jaska can keep his work ethic going and he will be a potential SHL Starter if not next season definitely the not too distant future.

Comments: Activity, TPE and Bank trump any NWJHL Stats, look at Corcoran and McBride’s junior years when they were both .880 so goalies and now are SHL studs. Jaska has the ability to join this group; as a result I will be eagerly waiting how the 2nd half of his season goes.

3. Charlie Serpe (DET)
Activity – B+
Bank – B-
TPE – B

Area’s to improve: Charlie is behind Heiss and Jaska because he lacks the bank account the other two have. For Charlie to compete with the other two he needs to do more articles or pbp’s and ensure he completes all PT’s to match the other two’s TPE’s.

Comments: Charlie is a great guy, he is an asset in any locker room and would be an excellent back-up goalie to start his SHL career and perhaps with some exposure to the SHL he could be a starter in a couple seasons. I am cheering for Charlie! Wink

4. Andrei Vasilevski (BOS)
Activity – B-
Bank – C
TPE – C+

Area’s to Improve: Andrei seems to do his weekly training pretty regularly, however he has no/little bank account and doesn’t seem to do any PT’s which drops him to 4th on our list.

Comments: Andrei is active, which is a huge plus for the league to have another active goalie enter the draft. Andrei could make a solid back-up and in a few seasons when his TPE gets higher he could become a starter if he stays active.

Goalie Recap

Currently there are only 4 active goalies in the NWJHL, not including newly signed goalies, which I did not want to include on this list. The cream of the crop is definitely Heiss and Tilikainen and both look to have bright futures ahead of them as potential SHL starters if they can continue to stay strong for the rest of the season.

Overall Recap

There you have it, my top IJH NWJHL Prospect List for the SHL Draft in S9 after half the NWJHL season, I am sure there will a lot of debate and questioning of my placement, but that’s all good, as I said this is just my opinion and does not reflect any SHL team or their scouts input.

Good Luck to everyone in the 2nd half of the Season!

2350 words + 4 Pictures

Thanks for the mention. I'll surely move up this list and stay active.

This is one awesome article. Thanks for the mention and the advice, guess I'll start doing some more pbp's Tongue

That's a very good idea Heiss, awesome job on this! Ilike Ilike Ilike

Thanks for the mention too Cheers

Josef Heiss= top 5 draft pick

Quote:Originally posted by Syckez@May 20 2012, 12:00 PM
Josef Heiss= top 5 draft pick

I appreciate the thought but goalies usually go lower in the SHL draft from what I am told because they are just back-ups to start there career.

However if someone needs a starter then i might go higher, either way I will be happy.

Cheers

Great job Heiss!

Armin ranked top forward and top player overall :D thxx

Quote:Originally posted by Aaron "AAA" Allen@May 20 2012, 01:03 PM

I appreciate the thought but goalies usually go lower in the SHL draft from what I am told because they are just back-ups to start there career.

However if someone needs a starter then i might go higher, either way I will be happy.

Cheers

I know goalies go lower. That is how much some teams will want you :D

Great job bud, love to see well thought articles from juniors.
And I see a bit from my S8 draftee report in it Tongue

But keep on that good work, the SHL needs some more starter :D

Stealing Mckeils idea hmmm?

Brovalchuk is easily the most overrated junior.

Quote:Originally posted by Corcoran@May 20 2012, 04:27 PM
Stealing Mckeils idea hmmm?

Brovalchuk is easily the most overrated junior.
Don't see how. Bank accounts play a huge role in a players potential, look at Hoggie, Armia, etc.

nice article

Quote:Originally posted by WiTzzEL@May 20 2012, 05:30 PM

Don't see how.&nbsp; Bank accounts play a huge role in a players potential, look at Hoggie, Armia, etc.
No, I just don't like Deezy

Yeah, Knights! Represent!

Thanks for the love Heiss