Create Account

SHL Expansion

This league needs a team in Milwaukee. Make it happen.

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

You guys caught me at the right moment to where I want to apply just to keep benchmarks on my status as a potential candidate for GM jobs down the line but I can't when out here with no wifi haha.

Quote:Originally posted by Narconis@Jul 11 2015, 04:24 AM
This league needs a team in Milwaukee.  Make it happen.

This league needs two more teams in Canada. Make it happen.

wow :o

I think the expansion teams should get first and second overall in s25.

Quote:Originally posted by 701@Jul 11 2015, 08:25 AM
I think the expansion teams should get first and second overall in s25.
I think they are getting those. Kinda sucks for teams like NEW, who were really gonna build off of this draft with Wind/Jesster.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Why wouldn't they just be thrown into the lottery as non-playoff teams? I mean, I get making sure they can compete sooner rather than later but it seems like they're basically being handed a free pass to build a great team. I mean, they have the expansion draft, they will probably get a few strong free agents. It almost seems too easy, especially with a strong draft class as it is.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Jul 11 2015, 02:56 PM
[b]Why wouldn't they just be thrown into the lottery as non-playoff teams? I mean, I get making sure they can compete sooner rather than later but it seems like they're basically being handed a free pass to build a great team. I mean, they have the expansion draft, they will probably get a few strong free agents. It almost seems too easy, especially with a strong draft class as it is.[/b]

How many tickets/balls for them tho?

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Jul 11 2015, 06:56 AM
Why wouldn't they just be thrown into the lottery as non-playoff teams? I mean, I get making sure they can compete sooner rather than later but it seems like they're basically being handed a free pass to build a great team. I mean, they have the expansion draft, they will probably get a few strong free agents. It almost seems too easy, especially with a strong draft class as it is.
The expansion draft will be mostly filled with teams plugs.

Taking away the top spots in the draft is totally illogical way of doing things. Shuffle them in at the bottom or mix them in amongst the bottom few teams

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Jul 11 2015, 07:38 AM
You guys caught me at the right moment to where I want to apply just to keep benchmarks on my status as a potential candidate for GM jobs down the line but I can't when out here with no wifi haha.
If you really want to apply I bet you'll find a creative way. You could write it on a piece of paper and send a photo, for instance...

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

So how will these two teams build roster? Will they just have to start a bunch of true rookies for a few years and be bottom feeders for a little or is there an actually free-agency of where active, high end players are waiting to be signed?

Quote:Originally posted by Anchorage42@Jul 11 2015, 10:37 AM
Taking away the top spots in the draft is totally illogical way of doing things. Shuffle them in at the bottom or mix them in amongst the bottom few teams
From an objective standpoint, there is an argument to be made from both sides of the argument, though I will trust what the HO does!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Jul 11 2015, 07:56 AM

How? Lol you do realize that alot of people may not want to join a team off the hop that won't win? Lots of draftees may say no thanks to those teams, free agents 90% of the time resign with there team or go to a team that has a shot at the cup, only about 1% leave for a chance at better playing time. The LR won't be very active its not an easy sell. it's going to take the right people behind the team to keep it even afloat for the first few seasons

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by patriotm21@Jul 11 2015, 05:39 PM
So how will these two teams build roster?  Will they just have to start a bunch of true rookies for a few years and be bottom feeders for a little or is there an actually free-agency of where active, high end players are waiting to be signed?

Expansion draft.