Create Account

Same Sex Marriage

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 22 2012, 02:02 PM

[Image: atheism.jpg]

Umad?

Pretty funny that science seems like magic to you :lol:

But please, not another religious discussion...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 22 2012, 01:35 AM

Maybe, but I know a lot of people who don't like it just because it disgusts them and it's not natural.

Ok. Then why are you even listening to religion? They don't need to shut the fuck up. You just need to ignore it if you dont like it and move on with your own life.
1st part = a lot of people around here but i could care less if i see it then ill turn my head and say eww to myself

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 22 2012, 09:41 AM

First off, I will skip all the bible stuff because I didnt refer to the bible once in my argument. Thanks for coming out though.

Geeze, do you know how hard this is on a phone?. I'll just keep it short and sweet because I don't want my thumbs to fall off.

Homosexual men like men
Homosexual men like women
Heterosexual men like women
Heterosexual women like men

it doesn't matter what they like sexually. I could go to a gay bar and I'm straight, and there could be guys hitting on me. I could be really into this girl and be like in love with her or something and she's a lesbian.

What I mean about it not being natural is that a penis is meant to go into a vagina. They are meant for it. That's the way you reproduce. That's how it's meant to be. You're not meant, you're not made to slap two vaginas together or stick a dick in an asshole and splooge in there. Lol

And about the first part. I find it kind of weird when a girl goes full on butch but it's mostly just those idiots that prance around acting retarded with their scarves and colorful pants and talk like dumbasses. Like I said, I don't care what you are or what you like, if you act like that we're not going to get a long.

I apologize for the religious statements being brought into it, you stated you were a Christian and I believed you wouldn't have done so if it didn't really matter to you to state.

If you go to a gay bar, as a man, expect to be hit on by other men there who are going to obviously assume you are gay.

I will agree that it is natural for a man and a woman to reproduce, but what exactly does that have to do with marriage?

If we want to argue reproduction here, which I am quite certain you are not doing but I wish to make this known that there ARE options available for both gay and lesbian couples.

A lesbian couple can procure semen from a sperm bank, have in vitro done and have a child that way, it is not exactly natural but is a possibility, albeit an enormously expensive one.

As for a gay couple, that becomes a bit more difficult as you would have to have a surrogate mother willing to carry the baby, can be done naturally by her having sexual intercourse or can be done in vitro as well.

In either case, you end up with two human beings perfectly capable of raising a child as well as any heterosexual couple can and I would also like to point out that several studies have been done on children of same sex couples and the vast majority of them do not turn out to be homosexual themselves despite the lifestyle their parents partake in.

Lastly, sure, I understand where you are coming from. I as a matter of fact have two gay cousins, one male and one female. I haven't spoken to the female in quite some time. Not due to the fact I don't want to because I do, but because she lives so far away.

The male came out to me and my parents, the day before my wedding as he was invited and the invitation was for him and his significant other. I could tell he was apprehensive about coming out but I looked him in the eyes and told him.

"It doesn't matter a fucking bit to me, you are and always will be the same person to me. The one I spent my summers with catching frogs, snakes and fishing back home. You being gay changes nothing. You bring your boyfriend if you want to, because if anyone has a problem with that then they arent welcome at my wedding"

As it turns out, at my wedding, my wifes uber christian uncle kept looking over at them and shaking his head and eventually I went and spoke to him.

"I see what you are doing and I don't like it. He is MY family and I accept him. He won't be asked to leave, but you keep up what you are doing and you will be"

I don't stand for any of that bullshit, no matter where it comes from.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

I ask you to spend the next 3:30 of your life listening to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D05ej8u-gU

Quote:Originally posted by Joker582@May 22 2012, 09:15 AM

I apologize for the religious statements being brought into it, you stated you were a Christian and I believed you wouldn't have done so if it didn't really matter to you to state.

If you go to a gay bar, as a man, expect to be hit on by other men there who are going to obviously assume you are gay.

I will agree that it is natural for a man and a woman to reproduce, but what exactly does that have to do with marriage?

If we want to argue reproduction here, which I am quite certain you are not doing but I wish to make this known that there ARE options available for both gay and lesbian couples.

A lesbian couple can procure semen from a sperm bank, have in vitro done and have a child that way, it is not exactly natural but is a possibility, albeit an enormously expensive one.

As for a gay couple, that becomes a bit more difficult as you would have to have a surrogate mother willing to carry the baby, can be done naturally by her having sexual intercourse or can be done in vitro as well.

In either case, you end up with two human beings perfectly capable of raising a child as well as any heterosexual couple can and I would also like to point out that several studies have been done on children of same sex couples and the vast majority of them do not turn out to be homosexual themselves despite the lifestyle their parents partake in.

Lastly, sure, I understand where you are coming from. I as a matter of fact have two gay cousins, one male and one female. I haven't spoken to the female in quite some time. Not due to the fact I don't want to because I do, but because she lives so far away.

The male came out to me and my parents, the day before my wedding as he was invited and the invitation was for him and his significant other. I could tell he was apprehensive about coming out but I looked him in the eyes and told him.

"It doesn't matter a fucking bit to me, you are and always will be the same person to me. The one I spent my summers with catching frogs, snakes and fishing back home. You being gay changes nothing. You bring your boyfriend if you want to, because if anyone has a problem with that then they arent welcome at my wedding"

As it turns out, at my wedding, my wifes uber christian uncle kept looking over at them and shaking his head and eventually I went and spoke to him.

"I see what you are doing and I don't like it. He is MY family and I accept him. He won't be asked to leave, but you keep up what you are doing and you will be"

I don't stand for any of that bullshit, no matter where it comes from.

Sir you are a classy person, good for you. Acceptance is key to life in the modern world, it is very important to keep an open mind and be willing to listen to people's opinions without judgement, gay people should be allowed to get married, there shouldn't be anything restricting people who love eachother from getting married.

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@May 22 2012, 10:20 AM

Sir you are a classy person, good for you. Acceptance is key to life in the modern world, it is very important to keep an open mind and be willing to listen to people's opinions without judgement, gay people should be allowed to get married, there shouldn't be anything restricting people who love eachother from getting married.

Someone once asked me if I believed in anything when I said I don't believe in God.

I replied

"I believe in caring for my fellow human being and their happiness as if it were my own"

The person looked at me dumbstruck. Obviously not expecting that reply and I continued with.

"Isn't that in the end what Jesus wanted to begin with?"

"I...Yeah...I never looked at it that way before. You are a good person, thank you and have a nice day"

---

You see, meeting intolerance with intolerance is what makes sorrow.

Meeting acceptance with acceptance is makes happiness.

Quote:Originally posted by Joker582@May 22 2012, 09:32 AM

Someone once asked me if I believed in anything when I said I don't believe in God.

I replied

"I believe in caring for my fellow human being and their happiness as if it were my own"

The person looked at me dumbstruck. Obviously not expecting that reply and I continued with.

"Isn't that in the end what Jesus wanted to begin with?"

"I...Yeah...I never looked at it that way before. You are a good person, thank you and have a nice day"

---

You see, meeting intolerance with intolerance is what makes sorrow.

Meeting acceptance with acceptance is makes happiness.

That is the pure and honest truth, i commend you man.

And one more thing, I would like you to each wrap your heads around before I go for a bit.

It is against the christian faith for a man to marry a man. So why is it against Christian faith for a non-christian man to marry a non-christian man?

That would be like someone telling me that I can no longer watch hockey because their religion deems it a sin. So not being a follower of your faith, why should I have to play by YOUR rules.

Not that it would matter either way, I am still going to watch hockey and even if I did end up in hell, I bet Ol' Beelzebub gets all the New Jersey games.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 21 2012, 08:26 AM
What also bugs me is how some atheists only use science in arguments that support their argument. If you are going by science when talking about homosexuals, two males or two females are not supposed to be together in nature. We are not designed that way. A male and a female are meant to be together and reproduce. If you're going by science, could being homosexual be a mental disorder?

And when atheists are trying to disprove religion and god they use science for their arguments.

i dont understand what you are trying to say here.

science is used because it is observable/repeatable etc. there are many examples of animals engaging in gay sex in nature. but not only that but i hope you dont want to say that only things that animals do should be considered natural. animals also eat their own poop.

Hate to be the guy that brings it up, but i find it very ironic that the Catholic chruch has such a problem with homosexuality all the while a lot of their priests have been ousted for molesting little boys, not only making them homosexuals but also pedophiles, pretty ironic isn't it?

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 22 2012, 12:35 AM

Maybe, but I know a lot of people who don't like it just because it disgusts them and it's not natural.

Ok. Then why are you even listening to religion? They don't need to shut the fuck up. You just need to ignore it if you dont like it and move on with your own life.

Because they have so much control over society and the way things work that you can't just ignore it.

Separation of Church and State. Please. Once that happens, all is good. Otherwise, it does affect me.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 22 2012, 12:57 AM

My religious friends? I'm catholic, but I'm not overly religious. I went to public school all my life. I've never read the bible. I've never even really studied the religion at all. I couldn't give you three Saints and their names. But I do believe in God. Stop making me out to be one of those preachers. One thing I can't stand are those atheists who mock religion and act like elitist ****s like they're smarter because they don't have religion.

The theory of there being a God is just as valid than everything including life, planets, and the universe coming from absolutely nothing. How retarded does it sound that in the theory of evolution, humans originated from a pre-biotic soup that got hit by lightning a bunch of times?

I have my own thoughts and theories and I do believe in some parts of evolution. Definitely not the whole thing. Same goes with religion.

I don't have a problem with people believing in God. I just dislike that people preach and push his (her? nah, its definitely a white dude) existence.

How did God originate? No one ever has an answer besides quoting some bible shit. How does it make sense?

Santa isn't real. God just seems like a Santa for grown-ups to me.

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@May 22 2012, 12:23 PM
Hate to be the guy that brings it up, but i find it very ironic that the Catholic chruch has such a problem with homosexuality all the while a lot of their priests have been ousted for molesting little boys, not only making them homosexuals but also pedophiles, pretty ironic isn't it?

My old catholic grandmother drove a big double standard as well.

Quote:Originally posted by Joker582@May 22 2012, 12:39 PM

My old catholic grandmother drove a big double standard as well.

LOL i don't know if you are being sarcastic.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 22 2012, 05:02 AM

Umad?
Actually I'm not because I'm not an atheist either, thanks for playing.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]