Create Account

Rage sign ALL the draftees!

Updated to include the signing of White. Only Snow remains to be signed.

Quote:Originally posted by diamond_ace@Jan 3 2012, 09:32 PM
Updated to include the signing of White. Only Snow remains to be signed.
snow white?

How do two-way-contracts work in this league?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 3 2012, 09:34 PM
very good question fellow chief mate

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 3 2012, 08:34 PM
Means you can send the guy down to the junior affiliate team (in my case, the Stingrays) without having to make them pass waivers first.

Quote:Originally posted by diamond_ace@Jan 4 2012, 02:42 AM

Means you can send the guy down to the junior affiliate team (in my case, the Stingrays) without having to make them pass waivers first.

But first year pros wouldn't have to go through waivers anyway, right? So this only really has an effect after the first year? And salary-changes depending on what league a guy plays in aren't part of it, I guess?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 3 2012, 08:45 PM

But first year pros wouldn't have to go through waivers anyway, right? So this only really has an effect after the first year? And salary-changes depending on what league a guy plays in aren't part of it, I guess?
Anyone who is not on a two way has to go through waivers, or at least that s my understanding. I don't think there's a rule based on year.

There are not any salary changes, although players who go down can have their same salary applied to a different part of the budget.

Quote:Originally posted by diamond_ace@Jan 4 2012, 02:47 AM

Anyone who is not on a two way has to go through waivers, or at least that s my understanding. I don't think there's a rule based on year.

There are not any salary changes, although players who go down can have their same salary applied to a different part of the budget.

This can't be right, a bunch of the players who were just drafted this week-end have been assigned to juniors already and none of them appeared on the waiver-list, at least not the public one, But you know this better than I do so you're probably right, I just have a heard time believing that players who were just drafted have to go through waivers.

And it would also be a bit strange if the type of contract decided if a player was waiver-eligible or not, since this is also totally different in reality and waivers are usually based on games-played/years in the league.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by diamond_ace@Jan 3 2012, 05:47 PM

anyone i think players in their 3 or more year are subject to waivers, 1st and 2nd year players are not eligible for waivers

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 3 2012, 08:51 PM

This can't be right, a bunch of the players who were just drafted this week-end have been assigned to juniors already and none of them appeared on the waiver-list, at least not the public one, But you know this better than I do so you're probably right, I just have a heard time believing that players who were just drafted have to go through waivers.

And it would also be a bit strange if the type of contract decided if a player was waiver-eligible or not, since this is also totally different in reality and waivers are usually based on games-played/years in the league.
Might be a first year rule then. I don't really look at other teams' contracts, have no reason to, just assumed they were all on two way.

Still, the salary thing you suggested is definitely not the case.

Updated to include the signing of Snow. All Draftees are now signed.

HOLY SHIT YOU SIGNED EVERY SINGLE DRAFTEE!!?!

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]