Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@May 11 2015, 05:42 PM
EL OH FUCKIN EL AT THE NFL.

Come down hard on soft balls and weed but hide domestic violence and child abuse. The lack of consistency is hilarious
Ehhh, the whole weed thing is more a product of American corporate culture as a whole rather than the NFL making poor decisions. As with the cases of domestic violence, you have a point. But the thing is, the law and the players' teams also deal with domestic violence. When you get to deflated balls, it's not something that anyone but the NFL can police. Do I think the Patriots got made an example of? 100%. You have plenty of players supporting Brady. You had Rodgers saying that he will inflate his balls above the maximum level and see what he can get away with prior to this whole fiasco. The referees should also have been dealt with for incompetence. But I think what the Pats got in some shit for was denying everything amid the accusations - not just saying we don't know what happened but flat out acting offended that the league was accusing them of being cheaters and asking for a public apology. And then that report basically incriminated Brady in the whole thing after he tried to play the "no idea what happened" card. Do I think the penalties to the team were a bit harsh? Yes. But it also is essentially due to a repeat "conduct detrimental to the league" offense. Trying to compare deflating balls to domestic violence is like comparing apples to oranges. Domestic violence is an issue far bigger than the NFL and we shouldn't be primarily relying on a sports league to dole out punishments for it. And, by the way, this is coming from a Patriots fan.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-07-05-at-4.30.11-PM.png?34f7dd]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-07-05-at-4.30.30-PM.png?34f7dd]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-07-05-at-4.31.27-PM.png?34f7dd]

Smile) Smile) Smile) Smile) Smile) Smile) Smile) Smile) Smile) Smile)

Also he apparently never signed his $15mil franchise tag tender…so NYG can lift the franchise tag if they want and make him a UFA.
depending on how bad his hand is hurt of course

[Image: 6_3708439.JPG]

RAIDERS QB
Ken 'The Snake' Stabler...
Raiders(1970-79)
Oilers(80-81)
Saints(82-84)
One of my favorite Southpaws & NFL QB's
R.I.P ......

[Image: c4a04ea90291172838c841bc41ed7fe8.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Shevy Shev@Jul 5 2015, 04:35 PM
[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-07-05-at-4.30.11-PM.png?34f7dd]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-07-05-at-4.30.30-PM.png?34f7dd]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-07-05-at-4.31.27-PM.png?34f7dd]

Smile) Smile) Smile) Smile) Smile) Smile) Smile) Smile) Smile) Smile)

Also he apparently never signed his $15mil franchise tag tender…so NYG can lift the franchise tag if they want and make him a UFA.
depending on how bad his hand is hurt of course
So not one, but two NFL players had fingers amputated/blown the fuck off over the 4th of July... How moronic can you be honestly.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Kenny why why why :((

Stabler to Casper >

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nPIGg6iu80E"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nPIGg6iu80E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

I haven't read his autobiography, but i should

RIP

RIP Stabler.

#TomBrady's 4-game suspension for "#Deflategate" upheld by Commissioner Roger Goodell http://bit.ly/1IHoOWN

so for those keeping track, Greg Hardy and Tom Brady have both been suspended the same # of games.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Deflategate is the stupidest "controversy" I think I've seen. It boggles my mind that people actually care that the balls were slightly less pumped up than usual.

People are actually saying this tarnishes his legacy and labels him a cheater :lol:

Oh and Bell got his suspension reduced to 2 games for DUI.

So beating your wife and driving drunk is less serious or on the same level as playing football with a ball that's kind of not pumped up.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
10-3-2
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 1] [Pts 1] [+/- +3] [PIM 4] [Hits 9] [SB 54]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jul 28 2015, 12:20 PM
Deflategate is the stupidest "controversy" I think I've seen. It boggles my mind that people actually care that the balls were slightly less pumped up than usual.

People are actually saying this tarnishes his legacy and labels him a cheater :lol:

Oh and Bell got his suspension reduced to 2 games for DUI.

So beating your wife and driving drunk is less serious or on the same level as playing football with a ball that's kind of not pumped up.
You can't look at it that black and white. Bell got a plea deal and that was a legal matter.

Brady was 100% a league matter and his refusal to cooperate was a large reason for the punishment. Regardless or whether you or I think ball pressure should matter the fact is it was a rule and is as important to the league as any other rule that players may break.

Quote:Originally posted by Ballerstorm@Jul 28 2015, 12:28 PM

You can't look at it that black and white. Bell got a plea deal and that was a legal matter.

Brady was 100% a league matter and his refusal to cooperate was a large reason for the punishment. Regardless or whether you or I think ball pressure should matter the fact is it was a rule and is as important to the league as any other rule that players may break.

Sorry but a deflated ball doesn't deserve the same # of games as domestic violence.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Take it to court baby!

I mean we knew this was coming. Brady was only going to settle if the suspension was reduced to 0 games and we knew Goodell wasn't going to do that. I think it works in Brady's favor that it wasn't reduced. It's easier to argue against 4 games in court than it is to argue against say 2 games.

Quote:Originally posted by Josh@Jul 28 2015, 03:30 PM

Sorry but a deflated ball doesn't deserve the same # of games as domestic violence.
Especially with zero evidence of wrongdoing and it's the nfls archaic handling of the balls that left anything up to chance.

If slightly under regulation footballs are such a problem that they've been the main story for the ENTIRE off season then maybe do something like, I dunno, write down the PSI pregame, make note when one pump is giving inaccurate results. This whole thing has been one big witch hunt.

Hope the NFL PA bends the NFL over in court and fucks em hard.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

I just did my NFL Fantasy draft and I'm projected to go 14-0-0 and win the league Towel