Create Account

SMJHL

Quote:Originally posted by Dmoushey_31@Aug 16 2015, 10:42 PM
Jack coming in with legit ways to fix

I'm a problem solver. Plus I love the SMJHL, it's that little Wild West league that's supposed to launch people into an addiction to the SHL. In my opinion, it can either make or break this place and should be regarded as the barometer for how healthy this place is in general - through both the influx of new members, showing that we're healthy as a whole; and recreates, that mean we've retained enough people that this place might be self containable if times get dire, and that the player development cycle is refined to a point where long careers are rewards to those who worked their ass off for them.

Alienating an entire draft class isn't the way to keep this place active and healthy, and if it's happening then there are ways to fix it.

Pretty sure Ofer did a fucking LOT to help.

BigTittySmitty
Brandon
O4L S
Ragnar#sweg( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Velevra
MAYBE 2/5 should still be hired, maybe 3 even that's pushing it

Fire Velv and Brandon they arent doin

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Aug 16 2015, 07:48 PM
BigTittySmitty
Brandon 
O4L  S
Ragnar#sweg( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Velevra
MAYBE 2/5 should still be hired, maybe 3 even that's pushing it

Fire Velv and Brandon they arent doin
Isn't brandon one of the guys who just got one of the GM gigs? Smile)

Quote:Originally posted by Caillean@Aug 16 2015, 07:50 PM

Yep.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Aug 16 2015, 07:53 PM

Yep.
That is just hilarious to me

The commish team, sans Ragnar and maybe Ofer needs a re-tool.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

NEW COMMISHES :o

THAT MEANS I HAVE A CHANCE?! :o

[Image: 336.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by ByrdeMan@Aug 16 2015, 06:54 PM
NEW COMMISHES :o

THAT MEANS I HAVE A CHANCE?! :o

Smile) Smile)

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Caillean@Aug 16 2015, 08:50 PM

[Image: v9EJ8BR.png]

I'm really just hoping next offseason goes way smoother. I'm with Jack. I know tenured people make fun of the possibility of scaring off new members, but in all actuality it is possible. The SMJHL is the leagues first impression and should be held in high regard. Whether it be from the awards, the draft (and pre-draft), trade tracking, and most importantly, guiding new members in what to do, how to do it, etc...

Quote:Originally posted by JackCross@Aug 16 2015, 10:34 PM

[b]Rulebook:

Yeah, this needs some cleaning up.[/b]
Dear god, please. There are rules that are in the announcements but not the rulebook and it's just a goddamn mess all around.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

I have confirmation you can have Smitty's head because he has Migranes and wouldn't mind if you did actually take his head.

[Image: 336.jpg]

I'm part of the group that cares about the SMJHL as well. I always have since I joined the site and I'm with Jack in the thinking that this league is the lifeblood. If you're not attracting new members and holding their interest in the site, it's harder to be sustainable and grow. As a former head SMJHL commish, I know how stressful and time consuming the job can be and you need to surround yourself with equally hard working people. I like to think of myself as a pretty independent worker but this is no job for one person, or one person and a couple helpers. Not pointing fingers at Brandon/Ofer from when I was Head but I stepped down because I knew I didn't have the time to commit to properly running the league. You need that time and the support group there, if you don't have it that's when there becomes a whole lot of discord in the league.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

The SHL isn't perfect. By its design and purpose the SMJHL will always have a tougher time than the SHL. You can't expect it to run smooth. Running the SMJHL is a huge amount of work and there aren't many who are capable and have the time or patience to dedicate to it.

As for the rulebooks: if anyone has examples of what's missing or needs to be fixed, please send me a PM so I can make the corrections.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia