Create Account

Renegades EoS Presser

<div align="center">[Image: 5593988_los-angeles-kings-gm-lombardi-wa...?bg=494342]

Renegades An Apology Renegades </div>

After a very disappointing season, Deener is here to field your questions.

I would like to extend my deepest apologies to the Renegades fans, and to the players for not being able to build a contender this season. Under the circumstances, I did the best with what I was given in a tumultuous offseason, and the moves I made that I was extremely confident in weren't enough to get us into the postseason.

I failed the team this year and for that I apologize. But know that I will continue to work twice as hard as I did this past offseason to get us back into contention for that title, and I would like to thank all the old and new Renegades for a fantastic season and for your support and loyalty.

I'm open to any questions, so fire away.

<b><div align="center">Renegades Questions Renegades </div></b>

Quote:What made you decide on the patented Jakob Tanner "Trial By Fire" GM training strategy?

Psh, please. That original strategy belongs to me and Boon who took expansion teams to face off in the final after one season. Get on my level, Tanner!

Quote:What moves do you think you will need to make to get the Renegades back into contention?

I will spend this next week really assessing what went wrong and sitting down with Bun to form a plan of action. I think our core is still one of the strongest in the league, and i'm not quite sure what went wrong. However, we will formulate a plan of attack and go from there.

We need to keep the puck out of our net more and find more consistency out of our forward lines.

Quote:Do you plan on filling these needs through drafts, trades, free agency, or a combination thereof?
Well, we have 5 picks in the top 20 of this seasons draft. We can either use those picks or trade them for immediate help, it will all depend on what we can get in return for the picks.

We have a few FA's coming up and we'll be speaking with them this week to see where they stand - that will factor a lot into our decisions.

Quote:Buster: When are you signing me

We think Hawkins is a fantastic player, one of the best in the league and any team would be lucky to have him, but we can't comment on players who are still under contract with other franchises at the time, my apologies. We wish you luck in the postseason!

Quote: Mcz: Some bullshit

Danken.

Quote:Looking back on your trade with Manhattan, which sent the now playoff bound Sterling Knight to the Rage in exchange for Goody and Palat, would you do anything differently?
Nope. We believe we made the right deal at the time and still do.

Maxy and Nike have fit in seamlessly into the locker room and have been wonderful members of the organization. They epitomize everything we look for in a Renegade.

Also, at the time of the deal, we were trying to attract other Free Agents such as Stryker and Ranjan. By making the deal we made, we were able to prove we were here to compete and it had the snowball effect we desired.

We are very glad Knight is doing well in Manhattan as we loved him here in Texas, and wish him and the Rage all the success in the playoffs they deserve.

Quote:What are your thoughts on the upcoming draft class? Do you plan to hold onto 3 first round picks you currently hold?

It will all depend on who we feel will be available by the time our pick rolls around, and who will re-sign with us or come to us via trade in the offseason. If we can get players we are looking for that fit into our system and locker room for some of our picks, we will take a long look at it. I am not married to the idea of picking with all 5 picks.

Quote:Speaking of rookies, how would you grade Vlidstrom, Allen, and Kudleychuk?

Vliddy - Vliddy had an unbelievable year. He was rock solid on the back end and up front, and became one of our teams unsung heroes all season long. We are so excited to see him improve even further next season and think he will be an impact player in the league for seasons to come.

Allen - Allen joined us a little into the season and did a great job given the circumstances. We were able to trust him with many assignments and minutes and he did a formidable job, providing some secondary scoring as well.

Kudleychuk - Kuddles was probably the most thrown-into-the-fire player this season. Centers usually get time in the wing spot so they can get stronger as it is the hardest position on the ice to play, but Kudleychuk was given big minutes right away and matched up against some of the leagues top players. He held his own very nicely and we are extremely excited to see him develop and grab that permanent 3C spot next season.

Quote:You were pretty vocal about wanting to improve the teams image, even if that meant shipping out quality players, which drew a lot of praise from some people and criticism from others. Now that you ended up missing the playoffs, do you think that approach contributed to that and if so, do you think it was a mistake?

Not one bit. We had the quality on our team to be better, but we just couldn't put it all together this season. Losing some of the quality in the moves I made to help better the image and character of this team definitely hurt us with the on ice product a little bit, but I wouldn't undo those moves.

There is a certain integrity and character I expect from my players. Winning championships is great, and is the end goal, but i'd much rather be hated for winning than to be hated for the character of my team and teammates. Winning a championship without character and integrity is not my end goal. My goal , and that of the Renegades is to set the example for how people should treat each other in this league all the while working hard at bringing in a championship culture. Leave the childish games behind and let your hard work do the talking.

Quote:With the playoff race in the Western Conference being a very tight one, do you think your team would've made the playoffs if Chris Partlow hadn't been suspended?

I won't throw anybody under the bus or blame any specific person for our downfall. It is a team effort. It was my responsibility, 100%, for not having a formidable replacement for Partlow when he was suspended, and I take full responsibility for it. Partlow is aware of what he did and he got his punishment, I don't want to compound onto that.

This is the team I put together, it's nobodies fault but mine that we didn't make the playoffs.

Quote:Who do you think are the favorites to make it out of their respective conferences and which team would you like to see winning?

Honestly, I have no idea who the favorites are. The west was an absolute dogpile this year. I think any team in the West, even the teams who didn't make the playoffs, would have a legitimate shot at the cup this playoffs. Don't count the Blizzard out, they are a strong team.

I would love to see the Panthers take home another championship, for obvious reasons.

Quote:Do you hold any hard feelings about Chara Brojled not signing with Texas?

Not at all. We were so happy negotiating with Chara last offseason and were really excited she got the opportunity to play with Kez before he retired. We're excited to see what Chara does this offseason, she is a dynamic talent and a treat to play against every single night. We thoroughly enjoyed the little time we got to spend with her in the Locker Room last offseason.

Quote:When are you choosing Steve french?

First Overall.

Quote: With the breakout season by Kinsler, do you think he has become the offensive face of the franchise?

I have been telling people for seasons now that Kinsler will be the face of this league. He is an amazing talent, and this isn't a one-off season like Horvat had last season. He will dominate, and we plan on promoting him to the 1st line next offseason. Kinsler is the new face of the Renegades, yes, and we are very very fortunate to have him with us.

Quote:With chemistry showing with Pettyfer, how essential is it to have both on long term contracts?

I think you mean Stryker. It is one of our priorities to get Stryker locked up this offseason, yes.

Quote:With the departure of Partlow, one of the best defensemen of this generation, do you think the Renegades will have a better or worse year next season?

Well, you can't really replace a guy like Partlow. However, i'm confident I will be able to find somebody who can step into that role, and the leadership he leaves behind we can replace with a team effort of guys like Kinsler, Smitty, Vliddy, Goody, Maxy and so on so forth. We have a very mature locker room, and we will find the talent this offseason to compete.

Quote:With Fourfour having departed and solid goaltending not yet up to that level, along with the forementioned loss of Partlow, do you see having to play a bit more defensively?

The Renegades have had most of their success with an offensive style. I don't plan on changing that, honestly. FourFour was an amazing goaltender and will have his number retired eventually by this organization, but we must move on, and Ogorodnikov is the future of this team in net. Ranjan did a fantastic job for us this season and we hope he stays for a few more.

Quote:In a short time, you have helped change the face of the franchise, drawing in free agents and others via trade. What is next on your list to improve?

Just to continue with the plan. We may be losing some key pieces to Free Agency, and we're losing Partlow, so I have to work double as hard as I have to replace these guys and also continue on by improving on our roster. It's going to be a very long, tough offseason.

[Image: Y4HAOfJ.gif]

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

What made you decide on the patented Jakob Tanner "Trial By Fire" GM training strategy?

What moves do you think you will need to make to get the Renegades back into contention?

Do you plan on filling these needs through drafts, trades, free agency, or a combination thereof?

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

When are you signing me?

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Mr. Fallah

I wish you good luck in Texas and I hope you can find relevant members for your team.

your McAsshole

:ph34r:

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Looking back on your trade with Manhattan, which sent the now playoff bound Sterling Knight to the Rage in exchange for Goody and Palat, would you do anything differently?

Rage > Renegades Tongue

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Updated

What are your thoughts on the upcoming draft class? Do you plan to hold onto 3 first round picks you currently hold?

Speaking of rookies, how would you grade Vlidstrom, Allen, and Kudleychuk?

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Sep 21 2015, 01:51 PM
Looking back on your trade with Manhattan, which sent the now playoff bound Sterling Knight to the Rage in exchange for Goody and Palat, would you do anything differently?

Rage > Renegades&nbsp; Tongue
But we had a better record than the Rage Tongue

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by BeanSobie@Sep 21 2015, 01:59 PM
What are your thoughts on the upcoming draft class?&nbsp; Do you plan to hold onto 3 first round picks you currently hold?

Speaking of rookies, how would you grade Vlidstrom, Allen, and Kudleychuk?
I'd like to say that Vliddy is the best linemate evar,

Dude has led to a resurgence in Palat's play :D

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 21 2015, 02:05 PM

But we had a better record than the Rage&nbsp; Tongue

Playoffs? Hmm

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Sep 21 2015, 02:09 PM

Playoffs? Hmm
Unless you win a cup playoffs are meaningless so better hope you win it all Wink

Quote:Originally posted by Merica+Sep 21 2015, 11:09 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Merica @ Sep 21 2015, 11:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

Playoffs? Hmm[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Josh@Sep 20 2015, 09:37 PM
Deener just didnt have what I had when i built stacked teams....

The eastern conference.
[/quote]

[Image: e051cd39ff246078c65a4b825b138ca0.jpg]

Interview You were pretty vocal about wanting to improve the teams image, even if that meant shipping out quality players, which drew a lot of praise from some people and criticism from others. Now that you ended up missing the playoffs, do you think that approach contributed to that and if so, do you think it was a mistake?

Interview With the playoff race in the Western Conference being a very tight one, do you think your team would've made the playoffs if Chris Partlow hadn't been suspended?

Interview Who do you think are the favorites to make it out of their respective conferences and which team would you like to see winning?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Do you hold any hard feelings about Chara Brojled not signing with Texas?

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]