Create Account

NovaRC Suspension

Quote:Originally posted by Bün@Nov 19 2015, 09:56 PM

So your point that "Zach as a black man..." should be meaningless. But yes, racism is racism is racism. Children on the internet shouldn't be commenting on Syria because they have no idea wtf is going on.
Boon! I've missed you.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Bün@Nov 19 2015, 06:56 PM

So your point that "Zach as a black man..." should be meaningless. But yes, racism is racism is racism. Children on the internet shouldn't be commenting on Syria because they have no idea wtf is going on.

Is it racist for a black man to say the N word? It's a weird line.

But there should be no racism and should all carry the same kind of punishment.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 19 2015, 08:03 PM

Is it racist for a black man to say the N word? It's a weird line.

But there should be no racism and should all carry the same kind of punishment.
It's not racist for a black man to say the n word. It IS racist to say that ONLY black men (or women) should be able to say it.

This just reinforces what ive been sayin bout the dc this whole time

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

Brendan Shanahan think you slick huh, posting as romanes this whole time.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 19 2015, 09:49 PM

Racism is Racism is Racism.

There is not place for it period.

Yeah, seeing this compared to karl is very frustrating.

Free my homie g NovaRC

Oh wow just read what he did. Fire this DC.

This is a total shitshow.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

[Image: WPULOLW.gif]

I feel like this sums up the recent events.

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

>Make a decision, get told we're too strict.

>Try to take everything into account, DC too soft.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Nov 20 2015, 08:53 AM
>Make a decision, get told we're too strict.

>Try to take everything into account, DC too soft.

You have 2 guys who said bad things, both first offenses. One claimed remorse and the other didn't - and I have it in pm that the lack of remorse was due to boredom and wanting to "play the asshole" just to entertain himself - and one is removed from the site forever and the other can't post for a couple of days. You can't be surprised by the public reaction.

Do I have to update my roster now to not have him in there? or does jack handle that in the sim?

Just saying why give this guy 5 days and 5 games but hedge permaban?!?!

Who are we to say hedge can or cannot learn from his actions or at least keep his racism to himself from now on?

Give them both the same penalty and IF it ever happens again than Permaban no ifs and's or buts

Just my opinion probably wont carry any weight

And I read NovaRC's original post it was...pretty brutal to say the least and made me hesitate on signing him because I figured he would be banned/suspended. than I saw Hoov post the MOD message in his OP and I decided id sign him. That frustrates me a bit

This is the internet... If we are going to use this HOCKEY forum to discuss other worldly issues expect an opinion from every type of person in the world from a racist to a homophobe that's all I'm saying.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Nov 20 2015, 09:16 AM

You have 2 guys who said bad things, both first offenses. One claimed remorse and the other didn't - and I have it in pm that the lack of remorse was due to boredom and wanting to [b]"play the asshole" just to entertain himself
- and one is removed from the site forever and the other can't post for a couple of days. You can't be surprised by the public reaction.[/b]

1. Stupid reasoning if true
2. Hard to take that seriously AFTER he has been kicked off the site forever.

Nova needed a harsher suspension, but I think the difference between saying something racist and openly declaring yourself as a racist while saying racist things are different.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Nov 20 2015, 09:28 AM

1. Stupid reasoning if true
2. Hard to take that seriously AFTER he has been kicked off the site forever.

Nova needed a harsher suspension, but I think the difference between saying something racist and openly declaring yourself as a racist while saying racist things are different.

1 - I completely agree
2 - the pm was from the day after the incident