Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Jan 13 2016, 02:55 PM

Kinda surprised but better than crawling back to San Diego I guess lol

100mil to play in a city you disrespected, or play in a 1.9bill Mega Shit Shack

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Jan 13 2016, 01:38 PM

Because Goff is better. if Lynch has more upside its only because he can run alot better, but QBs like Lynch dont work out.

Goff did alot of things in college Luck did by calling his own plays, formations on the line, and WR routes. He had the same job Peyton Manning does, except as a 21 year old in college.

Goff is also incredibly accurate, heres part of an article i posted on a browns forum

Beyond 20 yards Goff completed 45% of his passes, 11-19 he was 72% and inside 10 yards he was around 80%. behind the LOS he was around 94 %, [b]while his WRs droped 50 catchable passes

over 10 yards Goffs total was 64% over 10 yards on just shy of 175 attempts

on third downs he was also very deadly, going 85% in 3rd and 1-4, 3rd and 5-9 he was 75% and 3rd and 10 and long he was still over 70% (added in edit)

in comparison, Lynch was around 50% on passes over 20 yards, but he attempted less than 50.  in 11-20 range he was around 63%, inside 10 yards Lynch was 76% inside 10 yards, behind the LOS he was 91%.  his WRs dropped just 35 catchable passes

the farther Lynch had to throw, the lot less accurate he became, and thats scary when over 10 yards he completed just 57% of his passes over 10 yards on just 114 attempts

and Goff was doing it vs much talented players in the P10 compared to CUSA.  Lynch has the measureables, but he is so far behind in terms of pure QB talent he's probably never going to hit his potential, its Matt Jones all over again IMO[/b]
Are you a Golden Bears fan as well? Thought i was the only one.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

Quote:Originally posted by Reynolds@Jan 13 2016, 07:06 PM

No but I do like studying the analytics behind football and QBs are usually often the easiest to break down.

But Paxton Lynch made Memphis a 9-4 team sooooooooooo

Quote:Originally posted by Reynolds@Jan 13 2016, 04:06 PM

When I was a kid 9-10 (1996) years old I was a ball boy for San Jose State University, I was the new kid so I would always be on the visiting sideline which didn't bother me because SJSU sucks.

We were playing Cal I get tapped on the shoulder I turn around Steve fuckin' Mariucci, he asks me if I want to trade hats with him. I was wearing a Cal Poly hat, he was wearing a Cal bear hat (obviously). I told him no way - that's the one time I met Mariucci

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Jan 13 2016, 04:08 PM

No but I do like studying the analytics behind football and QBs are usually often the easiest to break down.

How do you feel about PFF ratings?

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Jan 13 2016, 05:08 PM

Can I suggest something then? Don't pump Goff up to be something he isn't. This draft is weak for QB's. In fact it is weak enough that not choosing one in the first round would be smart, but we know some NFL team will.

Goff has the tools to become a QB in the NFL, but as a physical specimen currently, he doesn't possess more than anyone else per say. As a Cal fan, I can tell you that Goff is a good QB and he will probably get his shot at the NFL but he isn't first round talent in a strong draft.

I like Goff, as I did Longshore before him and Rodgers before him. However, Goff would actually rank #3 out of those quarterbacks going into the draft.

LA Panthers Goaltender

This whole Chargers/Rams thing is taking away from the Playoffs

poor timing from the NFL IMO

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

Quote:Originally posted by Reynolds@Jan 13 2016, 07:28 PM
I like Goff, as I did Longshore before him and Rodgers before him. However, Goff would actually rank #3 out of those quarterbacks going into the draft.
Longshore didn't even get drafted

Quote:Originally posted by Shevy Shev@Jan 13 2016, 05:36 PM

Longshore didn't even get drafted
I know that. What I'm saying is that going into the draft Goff still is very unpolished. I'm not saying he will turn out like Longshore and go undrafted, but in terms of talent Longshore had a better arm. I think I worded it poorly. I just don't want people to think Goff is the next Andrew Luck or whatever Rezik was describing.

LA Panthers Goaltender

Quote:Originally posted by Harry@Jan 13 2016, 07:17 PM
But Paxton Lynch made Memphis a 9-4 team sooooooooooo

Jared Goff took a 1-11 team 2 years ago to 8-5 in a tougher confrence soooooooooooo

Quote:Originally posted by Reynolds@Jan 13 2016, 07:28 PM

Can I suggest something then? Don't pump Goff up to be something he isn't. This draft is weak for QB's. In fact it is weak enough that not choosing one in the first round would be smart, but we know some NFL team will.

[b]yeah thats not really anything close to the truth. Theres alot of higher ups who played at the pro-level or get paid to study the college kids from the pro level who think Goff will be a franchise QB.

Goff has the tools to become a QB in the NFL, but as a physical specimen currently, he doesn't possess more than anyone else per say. As a Cal fan, I can tell you that Goff is a good QB and he will probably get his shot at the NFL but he isn't first round talent in a strong draft.

Sure he does, he checks all the boxes, no other QB in the draft does. He's top 20 talent at the worst in a strong draft.

I like Goff, as I did Longshore before him and Rodgers before him. However, Goff would actually rank #3 out of those quarterbacks going into the draft.[/b]

No he wouldn't.

Quote:Originally posted by Reynolds@Jan 13 2016, 07:40 PM

I know that. What I'm saying is that going into the draft Goff still is very unpolished. I'm not saying he will turn out like Longshore and go undrafted, but in terms of talent Longshore had a better arm. I think I worded it poorly. I just don't want people to think Goff is the next Andrew Luck or whatever Rezik was describing.

i mean theres alot of stats that would prove you wrong including the ones i've already posted, but you have an agenda to hate goff for some odd-reason, so ill let it go and let you live in your own world.

Honestly though, if you were the Browns, would you take a QB second in this draft?

If bosa is there, I would take him and either draft a QB in the second or trade back into the lower end of the first

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Jan 13 2016, 08:30 PM

i mean theres alot of stats that would prove you wrong including the ones i've already posted, but you have an agenda to hate goff for some odd-reason, so ill let it go and let you live in your own world.
I forgot college stats always tranlslate to the NFL
I like Goff as a prospect tho more than any other QBs in this year or next year's class