Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

I wish Rezik was here to discuss the game :(

I just don't understand Newton's thinking on the fumble. I mean you fumbled it, you have to show some fight and go get that ball.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

yaaaaaaaaaaaay, Denver won stuff, woooooooo

softie rugby, but still a win, woooooooooo

Quote:Originally posted by Shevy Shev@Feb 7 2016, 08:23 PM
I love Cam, but really turned off by the way he handled his post game.
Also the fumble...wtf was that

just got off work and watched the highlights

for being the biggest game in his career he sure didn't seem to want to fight through the pressure or get dirty

also fuck you Newton, you get paid a lot of money to play football, we know you're disappointed that you lost but man up and answer the questions

to be fair the man is paid to play football and not answer stupid question.

"im just here so i wont get fined"

Quote:Originally posted by TheLastOlympian07@Feb 8 2016, 12:17 AM
to be fair the man is paid to play football and not answer stupid question.

"im just here so i wont get fined"

stupid questions come with playing football, especially when you are a top star in the biggest league on earth

[Image: 12tv2dX.gif]

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by LatvianBastard@Feb 8 2016, 12:10 AM
yaaaaaaaaaaaay, Denver won stuff, woooooooo

softie rugby, but still a win, woooooooooo

Softie rugby? Yeah that's why that rugby player who signed with the 49ers transitioned so well. If NFL players didn't wear pads and helmets someone would die every week.

NFL players get paid millions. Rugby get paid nothing and end up with worse injuries and repercussions so I don't know what point your trying to make.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDZ!!!@Feb 8 2016, 12:32 AM

stupid questions come with playing football, especially when you are a top star in the biggest league on earth
Not to mention you are briefed when you come into the league on what to expect from the Media during certain moments. He handled that like the baby he is.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

idk, i didn't see newton's post game "antics" as bad as everybody makes it. the dude just lost the game, and got little help anywhere else. He's not a sore loser. A sore loser would have blamed somebody else for the loss. He simply said with few words that they were outplayed. Plus somebody behind him in the interview room on the broncos was talking smack about him.

He's upset because he lost the super bowl. That's the kind of emotion I want out of somebody in that situation.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Reynolds@Feb 8 2016, 03:34 PM

Not to mention you are briefed when you come into the league on what to expect from the Media during certain moments. He handled that like the baby he is.
Don't see how he handled it like a baby, he's worked for this his entire life, he had the worst game of his season, and lost a chance to fulfill his dream. You go through that and then want to answer dumbass questions by vultures who twist your words anyways. I don't blame him in the slightest, I know I'd want to be alone if I just lost the biggest game of my career. Hell no I don't want to answer questions.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Feb 8 2016, 02:31 PM
NFL players get paid millions. Rugby get paid nothing and [b]end up with worse injuries and repercussions so I don't know what point your trying to make.[/b]

That's not entirely true. Although they don't wear pads, it's a common belief held by doctors that the minimized padding actually lessens the chances of a severe head injury. Without padding, the emphasis has to be on proper tackling form--if you're wearing a huge helmet, you're going to feel okay about leading with your head in the heat of the moment.

Sort of an ironic way to look at American exceptionalism.

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Feb 8 2016, 03:40 PM
idk, i didn't see newton's post game "antics" as bad as everybody makes it. the dude just lost the game, and got little help anywhere else. He's not a sore loser. A sore loser would have blamed somebody else for the loss. He simply said with few words that they were outplayed. Plus somebody behind him in the interview room on the broncos was talking smack about him.

He's upset because he lost the super bowl. That's the kind of emotion I want out of somebody in that situation.
Exactly. I like that emotion out of him. Shows he's human and really cared about the game. Instead of the generic answers he could have given he showed what I would want out of the leader of my team.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Preach

Yeah I agree with you. Lost the biggest game of his life and he literally had no help whatsoever. I don't blame him.

Although this is more for next year but I'm excited to see what they can do. Kelvin coming back should open things up for Funchess, who I think they shoulda gave more PT too.

Cam with Kelvin, Funchess and Teddy/Brown working in the slot, with hopefully a more healthy Stewart should be dangerous. On paper lol

RIPDAVE