Create Account

Official Montreal Announcement

<div align="center">[Image: 834630_eb.jpg]
GM Randy Randleman approaches the podium

"On February 6th a report was published citing some "major changes" within the Impact organization. Speculation started to run rampant with members of the media and fans throwing out rumors that Myself and Co-GM Jasper Clayton were at odds and it was leading to a irreparable situation in Montreal. We spoke privately about the report and both decided that silence was the best way to handle the rumors, so we made no media statements regarding the reports.

Just seven days later, on February 13th the media came up yet again stating that Mr. Clayton disliked that I had never played for the organization. Anonymous sources stated that other Montreal alumni stood behind Mr. Clayton on the matter as well. Reports surfaced that Mr. Clayton was ready to leave the organization if changes weren't made. Again, I chose not to address the media on the matter, I didn't want to add any fuel to the fire.

It seemed like the silence had stifled the media and for two weeks there was no controversy surrounding the Impact. That was as long as it lasted though as a strange ticket controversy arose during the Four Star cup finals and fans were furious. Today Mr. Clayton and myself sat down to discuss how to solve the issue but it was cut short when I "walked out" of the meeting. I have no idea how the media got this information but for once they got it right.

This brings me to the reason I've called you all here today. It has been a tough road as GM of the Montreal Impact. One that I have loved every second of even when swallowing bitter defeat in the Four Star cup finals in two out of my three seasons as the GM of this team. I'm proud to be a part of this historic organization, even if I never played here myself I am lucky to say that the vast majority of alumni have accepted me with open arms here in Montreal. That is what makes this decision harder than it should have been, but in the end I know it is for the best. Montreal needs to go in a different direction.

I am proud to announce that the Montreal Impact are re- branding as the Montreal Militia!

The Montreal Impact have been an incredible organization. This move is not taking away from what Vive L'Impact has meant to Montreal, but as time went on it became evident that a change was needed. Many free agents spurned the idea of playing for "a soccer team" and that was a common joke around the league. Regardless, the city of Montreal loved the team and we enjoyed great success despite falling short in recent history. After much deliberation we decided a new name with some historical significance to Montreal would be a good choice. We plan on bringing a cup home to Montreal in the Militia's inaugural season. A new era begins today.

Before I talk about that I want to thank Abdeezy for creating the Montreal Impact. Without you I would never have had this opportunity to lead this team, thank you.

Copenhagen helped Eggy and I come up with the name. It was actually his suggestion. Here is his statement regarding the historical significance of the Militia within Montreal

"When the United States and the United Kingdom went to war against each other in 1812, the major land theatres of war were Upper Canada, Michigan Territory, Lower Canada (roughly the southern part of present-day Quebec) and the Maritime Provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Cape Breton.

Each of the separate British administrations formed regular and fencible units, and both full-time and part-time militia units, many of which played a major part in the fighting over the two and a half years of the war.

Formed partly from volunteers, and partly from conscripted men chosen by lot, who served for one year only. Four battalions were initially formed early in 1812, followed by a fifth after war was declared, and a sixth in 1813. The seventh and eighth battalions of Sedentary Embodied Militia were formed in Montreal in late 1813 when an American attack was threatened.

Many of the men involved in the militias of the Quebec region were volunteers who put their lives on the line for their country and cause. As a team, the Montreal Militia seeks to embody the qualities and values of these brave soldiers and honour the legacy they left behind."

Jasper Clayton approaches the podium to address the media

"Thank you Mr. Randleman, for allowing me to speak, and thank you to Mr. Abdeezy for founding this team and writing the first chapter of our legacy.

Obviously, the decision to make this change was not an easy one. So many of the greatest players in SMJHL and SHL history have worn a Montreal Impact sweater. Byrde. Lemar. Simons. Garbonzo. Jalopski. And these are just some of the many legends who laced up their skates for the Montreal Impact to start their professional careers.

But now, it’s time for a change. As Mr. Randleman indicated, numerous prospects and free agents have told us they don’t want to play here because they don’t like the idea of playing for a hockey team whose name is the same as the soccer team that plays right down the street. We get that. We understand that you want to play for a hockey team, not a soccer team. And we want to be the team that you want to play for.

That’s why we’re making this move. As the Montreal Militia, we are no longer “that hockey team named after a soccer team.” We have our own unique identity, with foundations in the proud past of this great city.

We aren’t abandoning our history. We’re expanding it. We’re ensuring that Montreal will be the premier destination for the league’s top players for decades to come, continuing our longstanding tradition of premier junior hockey since season five.

Thank you to our fans, our players, and our alumni for sticking with us as we enter this new era as the Montreal Militia."

Our very own Shane Gagner(Copenhagen) did all of the graphics work on his own and put up with every little nitpicky opinion I had about them. Thank you, Cope for all your hard work. These look amazing.

[Image: smm6Kzd.png]
Jersey Patch

[Image: KYXOl0y.png]
Logo

We wanted to pay homage to the Impact in the logo. That is why you see the fleur de lis on the top, and the EST. S5. The established season was a difficult debate for us as we weren't sure if we should make it as when Montreal established a team or when we established as the Militia but in the end we decided that it should define how long Montreal has been in the SMJHL

[Image: zH0Kicq.png]
[Image: POZYtKE.png]
[Image: B1LB9Hx.png]
Jerseys

[Image: 9TN6CaM.png]
Forum Banner

[Image: zyBIezS.png]
Team Icon

[Image: K7fCrrD.png]
Sig Banner

[Image: 004y8uZ.png]

</div>

:o

Wait I knew about this.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Oh shit this is siiiiiick

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Noice

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

This is cool I guess

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Looks good, but should have went with the Montreal Poutines tbh.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

:impact: [Image: zyBIezS.png]

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Like the name. Logo is a little bit rough though.

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

I don't approve this because someone will have to update my jersey sig.

Name, I can deal with. Logo/colors? Not anything I'd be proud to sport.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Ohhhj shit, that's sexy.

Wow, you guys really wrote this up well! I was excited to play a part in this change, it was a lot of fun!

I look forward to hopefully bringing the Militia it's first cup named as such with the rest of the guys!

[Image: zyBIezS.png][Image: zyBIezS.png][Image: zyBIezS.png][Image: zyBIezS.png][Image: zyBIezS.png][Image: zyBIezS.png]

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

[Image: zyBIezS.png] :ph34r:

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Mar 5 2016, 06:02 PM
Looks good, but should have went with the Montreal Poutines tbh.
yh poutines is A1 team name

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

:o

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]