Create Account

Official Montreal Announcement

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 5 2016, 09:17 PM

Is there any historical significance to this name or was it whatever was considered cool?
I find the name lame because 1. it's in english and 2. we never even talked about that in my history classes. The time where we were under british rule is not popular at all, and our ancestors struggled a lot.

The fact that you think the people of Montréal would accept a name in English and that has to do with British history tells me you don't know the population very well :lol:

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Imagine the outcry Smile)

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Quote:Originally posted by enigmatic@Mar 5 2016, 09:37 PM

I find the name lame because 1. it's in english and 2. we never even talked about that in my history classes. The time where we were under british rule is not popular at all, and our ancestors struggled a lot.

The fact that you think the people of Montréal would accept a name in English and that has to do with British history tells me you don't know the population very well :lol:

Montreal Milice in French might be badass.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Also if you care at all about Montreal's history and their brand you will use my sig immediately.

#StopTheTyrranny
#ViveLImpact

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by dankoa@Mar 5 2016, 09:30 PM
HO needs to do the right thing and stop this in it's tracks

Yup. :impact:

Well.

Meh.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Baller needs a new hat now

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 5 2016, 10:10 PM
Montreal Milice in French might be badass.
It's already better but the historical value still is bullcrap.

Not that Impact is any better though :lol:

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Yeah should rebrand as something more appropriate.

Not Impact though.

As a former 1st Overall pick to Montreal and team captain, this is incredibly disrespectful to Montreal's storied history and just an awful rebranding that was completely unnecessary.

This is a sad, dark day for all Impact alumni.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Basically Montreal Militia is the SMJHL's version of the West Kendal Platoon.

Both war/military named, both have maroon, both have dark black/dark blue, both are not plural names, both have circle logos, both have had guns in their logos, anymore? Lol

(I get the irony of calling out non-plural team names out when my favorite NHL team is called the Wild)

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by SwegKingu@Mar 5 2016, 10:36 PM
Gorlab would turn in his grave tbh
He has, I saws it.

Vive L'Impact!

I like the logo and the general style, but the name and the reason behind it is rather weird, but if you go there, at least call it the 'La Milice'.

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Mar 5 2016, 10:33 PM
Basically Montreal Militia is the SMJHL's version of the West Kendal Platoon.

Both war/military named, both have maroon, both have dark black/dark blue, both are not plural names, both have circle logos, both have had guns in their logos, anymore? Lol

(I get the irony of calling out non-plural team names out when my favorite NHL team is called the Wild)

I need all these "keep the history" supporters when another relocate WKP thread comes up. I'm writing your names down for backup!!!!

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Love the colour scheme but everything else is underwhelming. Was also initially confused as to why "SS" was on the logo Smile)

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

This is fucking terrible and I hope you all feel bad about what you've done. Toast summed up my feelings really well but congrats on shitting on the team's history. Also lol @ who you named as people who came through the organization to be "star players". Shows the grasp on team history right there Smile).

Fuck me am I glad I'm in Falcons LR now. This is really disheartening to see.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers