Create Account

Job Descriptions

SHL Commissioner
Reports To: Nobody
Job Description: Responsible for organization of league events, jobs, rules, day-to-day operations.
Time Required: 2-3 hours a day, varies depending on what time of the season it is (off-season, etc.)
Salary: Non profit position.
Experience Required: Requires in depth knowledge of every job in and around the League as well as past practice, rules and policies. Requires the ability to work as part of a team in the League Office as well as to take initiative and complete jobs without instruction or direction.

SHL Co-Commissioner
Reports To: SHL Commissioner
Job Description: Assist the SHL Commissioner with their duties.
Time Required: 2-3 hours a day, varies depending on what time of the season it is (off-season, etc.)
Experience Required: Requires in depth knowledge of every job in and around the League as well as past practice, rules and policies. Requires the ability to work as part of a team in the League Office as well as to take initiative and complete jobs without instruction or direction.

League Advisor
Job Description: Works within the League Office to advise on overall direction and operation of the League as well as developing and implementing solutions to ongoing issues around the League. Often filling in and completing jobs that are vacant or behind schedule.
Salary:Non profit position

SMJHL Commissioner
Job Description: Responsible for organization of SMJHL events, jobs, rules, day-to-day operations.
Salary: Non profit position

SMJHL Co-Commissioners
Reports To: SMJHL Commissioner
Job Description: Assist the SMJHL Commissioner with their duties.

[color= #474a51]Simmer[/color]
Reports To: SHL+ SMJHL Commissioners
Job Description: Simulate hockey games and update the client file.
Time Required: 2 hours per day.
Salary: - $10,000,000 per season.
Technical requirements:
- STHS
- A legacy account of Dropbox or paid one, or Google Drive.
- A computer capable of running Open Broadcast for playoff games.
Personal requirements:
- Patience of a saint.
- Consistent schedule.
- Some technical acumen and eye for formatting.

SHL GM
Reports To:SHL Commissioner
Job Description: Responsible for running an SHL team.
Experience Required: Some time spent as a Co-GM an asset.

SHL Co-GM
Reports To: SHL GM
Job Description: Assist an SHL GM with running a team.
Experience Required: Time spent as an SMJHL GM an asset.

SMJHL GM
Reports To: SMJHL Commissioner
Job Description: Responsible for running an SMJHL team.
Experience Required: Preferably held several minor SHL jobs.

SMJHL Co-GM
Reports To: SMJHL GM
Job Description: Assist an SHL GM with running a team.
Experience Required: Preferably held several minor SHL jobs.

Head Player Updater
Job Description: Manage the team of player updaters making sure all updates are done both correctly and on time. In charge of hiring and firing updaters and making sure that they are paid each season.
Time Required: A few hours each week
Salary: $5,000,000 base with $500,000 per team for backup work.
Experience Required: Assigned Player Updater

Auditor
Reports To: Head Player Updater
Job Description: Audit the player updaters and their process to ensure no errors are made. Fix already made errors.
Time Required: A few hours each week
Salary: $5,000,000 base with $500,000 per team for backup work.
Experience Required: Assigned Player Updater

Assigned Player Updater
Job Description: To calculate and update SHL's player updates on your assigned teams and relay that information back to the simmer(s). Also possible work as a backup which can lead to increased pay.
Time Required: 30 Minutes to 2 hours per week.
Salary: $8,000,000 (structured as 5M + 3M bonus if met ) per season with $500,000 per team for backup work.
Experience Required: Back-up Player Updater

Back-up Player Updater
Job Description: To calculate and update SHL's player updates on back-up Updates and relay that information back to the simmer(s).
Time Required: 30 Minutes to 2 hours per week.
Salary: $500,000 per team for backup work. This can lead to being hired as an Assigned Player Updater
Experience Required: N/A

Head Banker
Job Description: Verify and process bank deposits and withdrawals. Also responsible for hiring and paying the other bankers.
Time Required: .5 - 2 hours per week. Possibility of more during peak transaction periods.
Salary: - 5.5M (structured as 3M + 2.5M bonus) per season.
Experience Required: At least one season as a banker preferred. Basic excel knowledge and attention to detail required.

Banker
Reports To: Head Banker
Job Description: Verify and process bank deposits and withdrawals
Time Required: .5 - 2 hours per week.
Salary: - 5.5M (structured as 3M + 2.5M bonus) per season.
Experience Required: Basic excel knowledge and attention to detail required.

SHL Player Progression Director
Job Description: The Player Progression Director job requires someone with the time and dedication to create and grade Point Tasks throughout the season including Predictions, Mock Draft, and Championship Week.
Time Required: 1-2 hours per week depending on what tasks require grading.
Salary: - $4,000,000

Assistant SHL Player Progression Director
Reports To: Player Progression Director
Job Description: Assist the Player Progression Director with all duties.
Salary: - $4,000,000

SMJHL Player Progression Director
Job Description: The Player Progression Director job requires someone with the time and dedication to create and grade Point Tasks throughout the season including Predictions, Mock Draft, and Championship Week.
Salary: - $5,000,000

Assistant SMJHL Player Progression Director
Reports To: Player Progression Director
Job Description: Assist the Player Progression Director with all duties.
Salary: - $2,500,000

Budget Director
Job Description: Oversee the budgets and salary cap of all 14 teams in the SHL and update the salary cap throughout the season based on trades.
Time Required: 15 minutes per week with increased work during off-seasons.
Experience Required: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel.

Head Media Grader
Job Description: Oversee media grading and to propose amendments to SHL Media Rules in order to promote more volume and quality in terms of media submissions.
Time Required: Anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours per week.
Experience Required: Some time spent as a media grader.

Media Grader
Reports To: Head Media Director
Job Description: Grade the written media of the league based on the criteria set by the Head Grader.
Time Required: Anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours per week.

Head Graphic Grader
Job Description: Head grader is responsible for organizing the grading of submissions and making sure it all gets done. Also in charge of organizing the payouts and depositing them into the bank.
Time Required: 1-2 hours per week.
Salary: $5,000,000 per season
Experience Required: Some times spent as a graphic grader.

Graphic Grader
Reports To: Head Graphic Grader
Job Description: Review and grade weekly graphic submissions. Provide feedback to those who submit with the goal of helping them improve their graphics making skills.
Time Required: 1-2 hours per week.
Salary: - $5,000,000 per season
Experience Required: Ideally skilled at making signatures in Photoshop and/or have some general graphics experience. In addition to this, able to understand what makes a good signature so you can provide good feedback to those who are still learning.

Head Fantasy League Manager
Job Description: Hire group managers; create draft threads and group threads; randomize groups and draft orders; oversee drafts and groups; ensure weekly updates are done; terminate [group managers] if necessary.
Time Required: Dependant on the stage of fantasy league. Early on there's high time demands as you need to prepare everything. Through drafting, about a half-hour to an hour to check over groups is sufficient. End of week updates is simply ensuring their done. End of season is a bit of a cluster and will require some time to dedicate to tallying and awarding rewards.
Salary: $3,000,000 per season.
Experience Required: It's benefical to have at least held a few jobs around the league to acclimate yourself to the tempo these have to be completed at. Any experience with heading up or co-/assisting a head is incredibly beneficial. Like most jobs, once things are in place it basically runs itself, but be able to handle problems as they arise. And they will arise.

Fantasy League Manager
Reports To: Head Fantasy League Manager
Job Description: As a fantasy manager it your job to ensure that your draft group is drafting in a timely manner and filling out their team as required. You are also responsible for calculating the point totals of the members in your group.
Time Required: 1-2 hours a week, maybe less.
Salary: - $2,500,000

Head of the SHL Awards Committee
Job Description:
Time Required:
Salary:

SHL Awards Committee
Reports To: Head of the SHL Awards Committee[
Job Description:
Time Required:
Salary:

Head of the All-Star Committee
Job Description: Spearhead the voting and compiling of each season's SHL All-Star roster, lead representatives and field complaints.
Time Required: Seasonal job. A small but thorough effort for two weeks during the SHL playoffs.

All-Star Committee
Reports To: Head of the All-Star Committee
Job Description: Fill out the All-Star Roster ballot at the end of the season, report to head of the committee for further discussion
Time Required: Seasonal job. A small but thorough effort for two weeks during the SHL playoffs.

3 Stars of the Week Committe
Job Description: Vote on the top players at each position every week to determine the ones that will make that week's list.
Time Required: 20 minutes per week

Head of the Discipline Committee
Job Description: To communicate and coordinate with the members of the discipline committee as well as with the head office in matters concerning league discipline and forum conduct of the members of the SHL.
Time Required: Vaires

Discipline Committee
Reports To: Head of the Discipline Committee
Job Description: The DC is in charge of league discipline and can hand out suspensions and other punishments based on posts that have been reported to us or that we ourselves think are problematic.
Time Required:
Salary: -

IIHF Commissioner
Job Description: Manage all IIHF Related Duties. Update Rankings + Transfers + Predictions. Making sure Fed Heads are doing their jobs.
Time Required: Seasonal job with varied duties.
Salary: $5,000,000 per season.
Experience Required: IIHF GM position recommended but not required.

IIHF Coach
Reports To: IIHF Commissioner
Job Description:
Salary:

IIHF Federation Heads
Reports To: IIHF Commissioner
Job Description:
Salary:

Rookie Mentor Committee
Job Description: Ensure that rookies are provided the help they need in order to succeed in the SHL.
Time Required: Varies but 1-2 hours per week is plenty.
Salary: $2,500,000 - $3,500,000 per season depending on your performance.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I've had this done for a while but I was waiting for more info and never got it. Please read through it and let me know what mistakes I've made or any jobs I may have missed.

Simmer requires 2 hours per day but only pays $4M per season, while GFX Grader takes 1-2 hours per WEEK but pays $5M per season?

I think if you're willing to be a simmer you shouldn't have to do any extra media / GFX pieces to maintain a player. Given the distance from the start of season X to season Y is roughly 8 weeks, season payment for them should be $10M. 8 to pay for their training, and 2 as a thank you.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

LARGEST PUNISHMENT IN SHL HISTORY

Quote:Originally posted by NJBadApple@Apr 10 2016, 01:38 PM
Simmer requires 2 hours per day but only pays $4M per season, while GFX Grader takes 1-2 hours per WEEK but pays $5M per season?

I think if you're willing to be a simmer you shouldn't have to do any extra media / GFX pieces to maintain a player.  Given the distance from the start of season X to season Y is roughly 8 weeks, season payment for them should be $10M.  8 to pay for their training, and 2 as a thank you.

They were working on bumping it up but I wasn't sure if it was finalized yet.

In addition to that, I'd like to be a fantasy manager for next season. After talking with a few people around the league, and realizing some groups were never updated I'm willing to help make that a smoother operation.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

LARGEST PUNISHMENT IN SHL HISTORY

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Apr 10 2016, 03:32 PM

IIHF Federation Heads
[b]Experience Required:
N/A

[/b]

:((

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by artermis@Apr 10 2016, 03:07 PM

:((

I didn't get a lot of feedback on some jobs, if you see anything that needs to be updated let me know and I'll fix it.

ya, simmers should get a simmer claim of +5 TPE every week instead of having to pay for training (or bump their pay so all of their training is compensated fully)

they can use what money they already have/will earn on stuff like equipment if they so choose I suppose

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Apr 10 2016, 05:14 PM

I didn't get a lot of feedback on some jobs, if you see anything that needs to be updated let me know and I'll fix it.
Well, being a federation head is a non-profit job with no baseline set for experience, and other than being a figurehead for your federation, it does little else. The focus of my job is transfers.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Apr 10 2016, 05:22 PM
ya, simmers should get a simmer claim of +5 TPE every week instead of having to pay for training (or bump their pay so all of their training is compensated fully)

they can use what money they already have/will earn on stuff like equipment if they so choose I suppose
I would love to be paid more, but I guess it's a discussion we should have with the commish team. It's just that I'm more focused on getting things done, doing the sim, making sure everything is running smoothly and quickly that I haven't really thought about it or had much time to talk it over. I figure if I do the job right, the pay will come.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Left off SMJHL PT Director/Assistants. Same duties as SHL, but different pay--$5M for head, $2.5M for assistants (there's considerably less grading).

Also, DC is a non-profit job.

"Varied duties" for IIHF federation head include mostly roster management (recruitment of new members, dropping retired members, officially adding rookies to the team).

And I completely agree that simmers shouldn't have to pay for training.

I told you I tend to forget to answer my PMs Tongue

Head of DC and members of DC are unpaid, and time is variable.

Description is basically: To communicate and coordinate with the members of the discipline committee as well as with the head office in matters concerning league discipline and forum conduct of the members of the SHL.

Also, there's 3SOTW:

Reports To: You'd have to ask Pandar, he's the head.
Job Description: Vote on the top players at each position every week to determine the ones that will make that week's list.
Time Required: 20 minutes per week
Salary: Unpaid

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Apr 10 2016, 02:32 PM
[b]SHL Commissioner
Reports To: Nobody
[/b]
Reports to no one? I could dig it.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Apr 10 2016, 10:49 PM

Reports to no one? I could dig it.
Reports to Spangs, whenever he logs on at least, otherwise, PARTY!

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

League advisers are non profit.

So is my unofficial IT position here in SHL land. :((

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]