Create Account

Worst way you have injured yourself?

Inspired by how I spent my weekend. On Friday a co-worker goes to show me a Youtube video, I lean in to watch and pull a muscle in my lower back, can't transition from sitting, standing, laying without throbbing pain and spasms.

How about you people, any ridiculously stupid ways you have managed to injure yourself?

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

I've only ever injured myself playing sports. Worst way I don't even know how it happened, but I thought the pain would go away so I played football for a week with really awful pain in my foot/ankle. Had a hairline fracture on my ankle which I guess just came from us practicing on dirt hard as concrete lol

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Fell off a ladder drunk at work, back has never been the same.

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

I cut off the tip of my thumb on an electric meat slicer last year while trying to slice bread on it. Just lost focus for a second and my thumb slipped off the guard, then suddenly blood everywhere.

Not sure if that's dumber than the many times I've burned myself by forgetting a pot on a stove would be hot enough to be painful, but that's a pretty standard thing in foodservice jobs. It doesn't feel dumb if all your coworkers have done the same thing dozens of times.

[Image: 57762_s.gif]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]    [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jun 27 2016, 03:45 PM
I've only ever injured myself playing sports. Worst way I don't even know how it happened, but I thought the pain would go away so I played football for a week with really awful pain in my foot/ankle. Had a hairline fracture on my ankle which I guess just came from us practicing on dirt hard as concrete lol

Oh that's fucked dude. Thought it was a sprain I take it? I broke my right ankle and tried walking it off a few days before I decided to go to the hospital. A plate, eleven screws and three months later I am partially bionic.

Did this once before to my back, trying to block a shot in basketball, jumped up and felt this little "Tick" sound, ate dinner laying on the floor that night.

Quote:Originally posted by lizzywho@Jun 27 2016, 03:49 PM
I cut off the tip of my thumb on an electric meat slicer last year while trying to slice bread on it. Just lost focus for a second and my thumb slipped off the guard, then suddenly blood everywhere.

Not sure if that's dumber than the many times I've burned myself by forgetting a pot on a stove would be hot enough to be painful, but that's a pretty standard thing in foodservice jobs. It doesn't feel dumb if all your coworkers have done the same thing dozens of times.

Nothing like grabbing the handle of a cast iron pan off the stove or a pan straight out of the oven. If you're in food service, eventually your fingers are so blistered, calloused, and scarred you don't feel it anyway do you?

Did some bad cartilage damage to my knee falling over while pushing a friend up a hill in a shopping cart when I was wasted once, that stands out

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

I've broken my middle finger on a couch. Was in a hurry and their wasn't a lot of space. Also when it broke, it also bent my finger out of place. Was fun watching my hand swell up after 4 numb shots in my hand so that the doctor could just force my finger back into the correct position

Edit: Two or three months after the middle finger incident, I slipped on some ice and broke my wrist on the same hand.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by Private Snowball@Jun 27 2016, 10:52 AM

Nothing like grabbing the handle of a cast iron pan off the stove or a pan straight out of the oven. If you're in food service, eventually your fingers are so blistered, calloused, and scarred you don't feel it anyway do you?
Pretty much, but my skin does this fun thing where it scars super easily and they never fade. I'm all marked up <_<

I have one giant scar on my forearm from an oil burn– I was training on the fryer station at a fancy joint and we were deep-frying boiled farro, which has a shitload of water in it and made the oil splash everywhere. So this giant splash of 400-degree oil hits my arm, instant 2nd degree burn. The girl who was training me– she was on her very last day so I'm pretty sure she was high– looks at the still-forming blister and goes "Wow, it looks like a dandelion!"

She wasn't wrong, but I was kind of actively burning and needed her to move so I could rinse that shit off right that second. She totally didn't even process that there was pain involved.

[Image: 57762_s.gif]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]    [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

When I was younger, I fell down to a small ditch while riding around with my bicycle, got some stitches to my shin.

I guess I´m lucky, that is still the ´nastiest´ injury so far in my life.

Quote:Originally posted by Private Snowball@Jun 27 2016, 02:50 PM

Oh that's fucked dude. Thought it was a sprain I take it? I broke my right ankle and tried walking it off a few days before I decided to go to the hospital. A plate, eleven screws and three months later I am partially bionic.

Did this once before to my back, trying to block a shot in basketball, jumped up and felt this little "Tick" sound, ate dinner laying on the floor that night.
i figured it was like shin splints but just in my foot/ankle, didn't think of it as much more than the typical aches and pains that come with any contact sport

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

I broke two ribs racing office chairs in the dorm hallway freshman year Smile)

Various chemical spills too. Took 50% hydrogen peroxide on the leg, which hurt a lot, and then chloroform gas to the face, which made me feel really woozy.

[Image: OaSEcaw]

I am really clumsy in real life so injuries isn't anything new for me.
Most of my injuries are from playing football or floorball.
I broke my hip while trying to reach a ball, fucked my knee while playing floorball with cheap knee pads. At that time all those pads seemed the same for me. And most recent one is I fucked my shoulder in January and never visited a doctor about that. Also no one could say what exactly is wrong with my knee. Yea that's about it.
Ou yea, when I was like 4-5 years old I thought that it is good idea to jump from stairs and hit my head to concrete and since then I am almost blind with one eye.

Tore my lower back and left hamstring by pushing a 200lb+ toolbox on ice trying to get to a jet to fix it. Slipped on the ice and that tore my lower back. Then the toolbox fell on top of my leg and pinned it, tearing my hamstring. Still feeling it nearly 3 years later.

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

While playing basketball, jumped for a rebound, got it and fell on my friends foot, stumbled and hit my head on the pole. Got a concussion, now I feel a bit weird all the time.