Create Account

Family First

Kaspars Berzins had always loved picturesque Latvia with its beautiful and homely houses. It was a place where he felt at ease. Following draft night, Kaspars returned home to visit and celebrate wit his family after being taken 34th overall by the Detroit Falcons, a childhood dream of his.

He was a ruthless, admirable, wine drinker with strong hands and scrawny legs. His friends saw him as a poor, poised hobo. Once, he had even revived a dying, kitten. That's the sort of man he was. He was the kind of man who would go out of his way to help people, even if it caused him trouble.

Kaspars walked over to the window and reflected on his sunny surroundings. The snow flurried as it was winter time in Latvia.
Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of Zemgus Berzins. Zemgus was a considerate father with pretty hands and hairy legs.
Kaspars gulped. He was not prepared for Zemgus.

As Kaspars stepped outside and Zemgus came closer, he could see the spotless glint in his eye.
"Look Kaspars," growled Zemgus, with a smart glare that reminded Kaspars of considerate maggots. "It's not that I don't love you, but I want Money. You owe me 5005 dollars."

Kaspars looked back, even more confused and still fingering the crumpled book. "Zemgus, I am your son," he replied.

They looked at each other with angry feelings, like two obedient, obnoxious owls partying at a very grateful engagement party, which had piano music playing in the background and two spiteful uncles dancing to the beat.

Kaspars regarded Zemgus's pretty hands and hairy legs. "I don't have the funds ..." he lied. He had just signed a 2 million dollar contract with the Detroit Falcons and his father knew this.
Zemgus glared. "Do you want me to shove that crumpled book where the sun don't shine?"

Kaspars was nervous, he had wondered why his father would be asking him for money, but he knew that the right thing to do would be to pay him back. He promptly remembered his admirable values. "Actually, I do have the funds," he admitted. He reached into his pockets. "Here's what I owe you."
Zemgus looked shocked, his wallet blushing like a kindly, flowing firefly.

Then Zemgus came inside for a nice glass of wine.

393 words