Create Account

Poll: Should SHL Recreates have the option of skipping the SMJHL?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. They don't need the slow pace and extra help the rookies do.
0%
0 0%
No. No special treatment. But no rule changes either.
0%
0 0%
Yes. But they should suffer with reduced TPE.
0%
0 0%
No. They should be in the Draft or Free Agents and forced to sign with a team.
0%
0 0%
fack dis shit
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

This Recreate Class

Quote:Originally posted by MacBain@Sep 25 2016, 01:22 PM

Did you get on cause of Reays career totals or your playoff record as a GM?

I have two HOFers and four cups. Please stfu.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Ya Mac dont talk to the second greatest statistical member in shl history like that

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Sep 25 2016, 01:32 PM
Ya Mac dont talk to the second greatest statistical member in shl history like that

Being second to you is like being first anywhere else

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Sep 25 2016, 10:34 AM

Being second to you is like being first anywhere else

Agree.

Legends have to stick together

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

the SHL draft is going to be turnt

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Sep 25 2016, 03:32 PM

Nah, I lost a bit of respect when he fucking pussed out with Reay. Colt sucked ass too for the first five seasons but I didn't retire.

Now he's going on about relevancy when as a player or GM, he's been neither for nearly ten seasons.

But hey, Maybe Lil Merica can make Merica great again.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by MacBain@Sep 25 2016, 01:59 PM

Nah, I lost a bit of respect when he fucking pussed out with Reay. Colt sucked ass too for the first five seasons but I didn't retire.

Now he's going on about relevancy when as a player or GM, he's been neither for nearly ten seasons.

But hey, Maybe Lil Merica can make Merica great again.

I know you're trying to rile me up, so I'm not gonna get into the weeds with you. But facts are facts, and you have one successful player in what, 28 seasons? I don't get where you think you can throw shade at me.

Also as far as relevance, look no further than all the players who came to Minnesota strictly because I was a GM and then who left because left. I rest my case for relevancy.

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Sep 25 2016, 04:09 PM

I know you're trying to rile me up, so I'm not gonna get into the weeds with you. But facts are facts, and you have one successful player in what, 28 seasons?  I don't get where you think you can throw shade at me.

Also as far as relevance, look no further than all the players who came to Minnesota strictly because I was a GM and then who left because left.  I rest my case for relevancy.

Why you explaining yourself to me? I thought you didn't care what people think, least of all me.

But thanks for calling Colt successful, coming from you, it means a lot Wink

Quote:Originally posted by MacBain@Sep 25 2016, 02:20 PM

Why you explaining yourself to me? I thought you didn't care what people think, least of all me.

Well done. 1 point for you.

But unlike this class, last season's recreates joined first time rookies and made the season enjoyable, while at the same time retaining a good percentage of the draft class.

For as much talk as there is about recruiting to get more members... For as much talk as there is about lack of players in the SMJHL...

So for those who are quick to say to hell with the SMJHL I urge you to realize there are benefits to the Juniors. It allows ALL members the ability to build their player. It is a league that integrates veterans (due to recreates) with true rookies. It provides an active setting to keep newbies active. It also provides a setting to play in games after year one, so people don't lag and go inactive.

I urge those recreates who talk about not playing in juniors and going straight to the SHL to think again. What message does it send to prospects? What does it really accomplish?

Yeah I've only been here for a season... So shit on me for posting this all you want. But respectfully, I can at least say the reason the league is as enjoyable as it was these last three months was because of a good ratio of rookie members to veteran members. Holding out proves nothing to anyone... And will simply hurt the league in the long run.

[Image: Wally.png]

Quote:Originally posted by kwahlgren36@Sep 25 2016, 01:59 PM
But unlike this class, last season's recreates joined first time rookies and made the season enjoyable, while at the same time retaining a good percentage of the draft class.

For as much talk as there is about recruiting to get more members... For as much talk as there is about lack of players in the SMJHL...

So for those who are quick to say to hell with the SMJHL I urge you to realize there are benefits to the Juniors. It allows ALL members the ability to build their player. It is a league that integrates veterans (due to recreates) with true rookies. It provides an active setting to keep newbies active. It also provides a setting to play in games after year one, so people don't lag and go inactive.

I urge those recreates who talk about not playing in juniors and going straight to the SHL to think again. What message does it send to prospects? What does it really accomplish?

Yeah I've only been here for a season... So shit on me for posting this all you want. But respectfully, I can at least say the reason the league is as enjoyable as it was these last three months was because of a good ratio of rookie members to veteran members. Holding out proves nothing to anyone... And will simply hurt the league in the long run.

100% this. Not only does it hurt the league, but it further stratifies the league into newbies and an old boys club.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by kwahlgren36@Sep 25 2016, 08:59 PM

Yeahthat
<a href='index.php?showuser=1899' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>SethTrollins</a> , <a href='index.php?showuser=31' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>grimreaper</a> , <a href='index.php?showuser=1245' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>ThatDamnWalrus</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=73' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Boomcheck</a> were really fkn great to us true Rookies and helped us out a ton in the beginning and still even now when we have some questions .To have this veteran presence in your own rookie class was something really good.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Sep 25 2016, 01:44 PM
<a href='index.php?showuser=711' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Nike</a>
@Deener
<a href='index.php?showuser=537' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>Schultzy</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=306' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>O4L</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=2' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-7'>Maxy</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=5' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>sarmo</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=593' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>BigTittySmitty</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=701' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-63'>Velevra</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=1379' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-62'>easymoneysniper</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=803' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-8'>Merica</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=704' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Kylrad</a>

Missing anybody? Every single member either has a HOFer or will have one soon, if not multiple.
As Deezy pointed out, Andy is also in this draft class.

Cyanide is back and recreated too : http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=71833

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Tomen@Sep 25 2016, 09:07 PM
Yeahthat
<a href='index.php?showuser=1899' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>SethTrollins</a> , <a href='index.php?showuser=31' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>grimreaper</a> , <a href='index.php?showuser=1245' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>ThatDamnWalrus</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=73' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Boomcheck</a> were really fkn great&nbsp; to us true Rookies and helped us out a ton in the beginning and still even now when we have some questions .To have this veteran presence in your own rookie class was something really good.

That's a dirty lie. I've never helped anybody at any point.