Create Account

Poll: Should SHL Recreates have the option of skipping the SMJHL?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. They don't need the slow pace and extra help the rookies do.
0%
0 0%
No. No special treatment. But no rule changes either.
0%
0 0%
Yes. But they should suffer with reduced TPE.
0%
0 0%
No. They should be in the Draft or Free Agents and forced to sign with a team.
0%
0 0%
fack dis shit
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

This Recreate Class

Quote:Originally posted by RomanesEuntDomus@Sep 26 2016, 12:30 PM

You do not understand. They are tough guys and they show that toughness by complaining a lot about things they don't like. It's what tough guys do, you know.
The funny part is it's not the tough guys who are the ones complaining. They made a statement they weren't participating and that was that. Then all the crybabies around here starting bitching about them doing precisely what the rules allow them to do.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 26 2016, 02:04 PM

[b]It's the lack of competition because every team makes the playoffs so what's the point

The sheer randomness (yes even more random than the SHL)

Plus I'm a crotchety old man at this point. All of these happy go lucky rookies need to get the fuck off my lawn[/b]
I know that because you were on Minny for the last two years you may not understand what "post-season" means, but the whole winning a championship thing is the point.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Sep 26 2016, 01:10 PM

I know that because you were on Minny for the last two years you may not understand what "post-season" means, but the whole winning a championship thing is the point.
What's the point of being on a productive team or caring about who are your teammates when a team who trades everyone for picks, has 2 actives and that's it has the exact same chance to win the cup as your team does. If every team makes the playoffs there's no benefit to building a great team

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Sep 26 2016, 01:10 PM

At no point have I ever valued the Four Star Cup. This isn't a new thing for most of us, we just don't care about SMJHL accomplishments. Merica had a MVP but that's the last thing I'll ever bring up because it's worth nothing to me.

Case in point for how WORTHLESS the juniors is for recreates: Scotty Reay drafted #3 with 3 points.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Sep 26 2016, 01:17 PM

At no point have I ever valued the Four Star Cup. This isn't a new thing for most of us, we just don't care about SMJHL accomplishments.  Merica had a MVP but that's the last thing I'll ever bring up because it's worth nothing to me.

Case in point for how WORTHLESS the juniors is for recreates: Scotty Reay drafted #3 with 3 points.
As I have preached to every single draftee I've ever talked to. Don't care about how your Junior player performs because it never translates to SHL success and SHL GMs don't care at all about stats when evaluating who they're drafting.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 26 2016, 01:22 PM

As I have preached to every single draftee I've ever talked to. Don't care about how your Junior player performs because it never translates to SHL success and SHL GMs don't care at all about stats when evaluating who they're drafting.

Exactly.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Lol you're all a bunch of fucking losers

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Sep 26 2016, 02:17 PM

At no point have I ever valued the Four Star Cup. This isn't a new thing for most of us, we just don't care about SMJHL accomplishments.  Merica had a MVP but that's the last thing I'll ever bring up because it's worth nothing to me.

Well Reay did seem to keep up that stellar play in the SHL, so maybe it does actually mean something. Ninja

You can devalue the SMJHL, you can say you don't really care. That's fine and I won't say "grr how dare you." But I'm not sure how having your player on one of those teams hurts you. If you don't want the LR then tell a commissioner. If you don't want to participate then don't. Having an SMJHL player isn't forcing you to do anything.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 26 2016, 12:04 PM

It's the lack of competition because every team makes the playoffs so what's the point

The sheer randomness (yes even more random than the SHL)

Plus I'm a crotchety old man at this point. All of these happy go lucky rookies need to get the fuck off my lawn

Well I'm sure the competition will be great when you have 155 TPE player in the SHL....? Hmm

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Quote:Originally posted by Slappydoodle@Sep 26 2016, 07:17 PM
I truly do not understand how a player that never participates in the SMJHL in any way can be considered a rookie in said league and take part in their PT's. That makes zero sense. If you don't want to participate then fine, that's the price you pay. Build through activity checks and training until you reach the SHL.

Not going to lose any sleep over it either way, but it is just silly.

This.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by SwegKingu@Sep 26 2016, 01:50 PM
This.

Slappy is the wisest of them all.

All hail Slappy

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Sep 26 2016, 08:51 PM

All hail Slappy

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by TML99@Sep 26 2016, 11:56 AM

Can someone please explain this to me? so rather than just saying this we can actually do something about it to maybe make the SMJHL more interesting for re-creates

such as special term awards for recreate only etc. haven't thought about too many idea yet but hey lets work together to make the SMJHL fun again for you guys?!

Agreed. With the volume of active S31 draftees it's gonna be 3+ seasons before the SHL needs the S32 recreates anyway. Maybe longer if they skip a bunch of team oriented TPE opportunities.

Or is the real issue that with so many send downs from last season, you're worried about being stuck on an SMJHL 3rd line? Or you wanted to recreate as a goalie and the S31 class fucked that idea (and kind of fucked themselves while they were at it)?

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Sep 26 2016, 12:51 PM

All hail Slappy

[Image: media_5a2d83e0-2fd5-11e5-b236-2916713ca3fb.gif]

quiet, c. men are speaking.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]