Create Account

Official F1 Thread

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91@Dec 3 2016, 05:49 PM

Yeah I know they want Wehrlein there eventually for sure. Him and Stroll would be very exciting for Williams next year. I'm pumped to see Stroll, finally get to cheer for another Canadian again!

I'd love to see Alonso get that seat, and have him win the title against Hamilton. The first season when Hamilton came in as a teammate, I hated him so much, he thought he was the champ his first season, and I've never liked him since, so that would be super exciting for me, being an Alonso fan!
As a McLaren fan I was super excited to see Alonso mentor Vandoorne for a year or two because he is a super exciting young stud, but seeing him compete in Mercedes would be amazing

Vandoorne WDC 2020

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

"Of course he didn't listen to fans. For Nico, one world title was enough. He had proved what he needed to prove. To himself and anyone who doubted him. And two days later, he retired."

On a side note... I thought someone had hacked his twitter or facebook when I saw the news pop up on my phone. It was only later that day that I saw it was actually true.

Who replaces him? Either Wehrlein or Bottas as people said before. They're the ones that have direct connections with that team one way or another.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

The going rate seems to be Wehrlein is making the jump. And Merc has said they aren't very worried about him because the car is so good, and plus if him driving the shit out of that Manor and doing good in a few qualies says anything, he should be ready for a good car.

Bottas won't go because they want him for Stroll, they don't want two rookies in Williams because they still feel they can compete.

That's just all my take since the last time!

Anybody else?

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Mercedes approached Williams to get Bottas to be their driver apparently. Offered a lot for him. Williams stating they won't part with him... Another big possibility is apparently Carlos Sainz which would be crazy. Someone I never expected but he probably isn't getting his chance with Red Bull so might as well get out of their young driver program. I think Sainz is super talented so that would be a good choice

Bottas to Mercedes would be pretty cool. I guess they are considering Alonso as well. That would be interesting, does Alonso still have the ability to win races?

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by vbottas17@Dec 12 2016, 02:02 AM
Bottas to Mercedes would be pretty cool. I guess they are considering Alonso as well. That would be interesting, does Alonso still have the ability to win races?
Of course he does. You know these deals are all about the car.

Quote:Originally posted by vbottas17@Dec 11 2016, 06:02 PM
Read something the other day about the fact that Alonso is still considered the hardest person to beat in races on the grid. That would be a fun matchup

Rosberg has added a lot of fun to this offseason

I just want to see diamond earrings get beat. He's a punk.

Quote:Originally posted by vbottas17@Dec 11 2016, 09:02 PM

Yeah just watching Alonso race that pile of a Honda around, he still was able to make it top 10 car, Button is a great driver, but you could really see the difference, but he will never leave because it will cost the silver arrow way to much money to get him out of that contract.

FalconsJapanpride

I would like to see 2015 Le Mans winner Niko "See ya later" Hulkenberg or Perez next to Hamilton. Yesyesyes, Hulk is signed to a factory team, which is a fucking dog shit.

Quote:Originally posted by LatvianBastard@Dec 12 2016, 05:53 AM
I would like to see 2015 Le Mans winner Niko "See ya later" Hulkenberg or Perez next to Hamilton. Yesyesyes, Hulk is signed to a factory team, which is a fucking dog shit.

The Hulk would be good next to him, he would keep Hamilton's ego in check for sure.

FalconsJapanpride

Massa sticking around, Bottas to Mercedes :o :o :o

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/811280635381825538

I predict Wehrlein will probably go to Sauber to fill Nasr's spot since he lost his Banco do Brasil sponsorship

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Dec 21 2016, 01:18 AM

I predict Wehrlein will probably go to Sauber to fill Nasr's spot since he lost his Banco do Brasil sponsorship

While I can't yet confirm anything I feel like Mercedes made a great choice. Ninja

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Dec 20 2016, 08:18 PM

I know!!

Hamilton thought he had his hands full with Rosberg, wait until he gets a hold of Bottas!

FalconsJapanpride

<a href='index.php?showuser=1290' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>vbottas17</a> must be happy after what happened yesterday, am I right or am I right?