Create Account

S33 - Preseason Index

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Feb 10 2017, 08:41 AM

I would have updated teams if I had access to the updater forum beforehand.  :lol:

You're a good egg.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Quote:Originally posted by JKortesi81@Feb 10 2017, 05:21 AM
It's hard getting in all of the updates when we have such a quick turnaround from season to season. We should make the offseason longer so everyone can get updated. Seems unfair 4 teams didn't.

I'm pretty worried about my preseason record as well

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Feb 10 2017, 09:58 AM

I'm pretty worried about my preseason record as well

Its not about the record. I'm sure everyone would like to test lines and stuff.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Quote:Originally posted by JKortesi81@Feb 10 2017, 07:16 AM

Its not about the record. I'm sure everyone would like to test lines and stuff.

eh - maybe but the sample size is so small it's not really going to tell you much. If also had preseasons where my line/pairing killed it and it didn't correlate to regular season. I'm skeptical of preseason for that reason,.

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Feb 10 2017, 10:20 AM

eh - maybe but the sample size is so small it's not really going to tell you much. If also had preseasons where my line/pairing killed it and it didn't correlate to regular season. I'm skeptical of preseason for that reason,.
Yeahthat

Preseason, while not completely useless, is generally a very poor indicator of regular season success.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Very disappointed in the updaters that 4 teams are not updated. Someone should step up in situations like this. There's more than enough people on this site (myself included) who would be willing to step in and update.

Or the HO should step in and update.

I realize it's just pre-season and doesn't really matter, but I've always found it helpful to run line tests, see how new builds work, etc. It's a 22 game sample size and while the reg.season may be completely different, it's still data we can use to analyze our team and players performance. I find it helpful and enjoy it, not to mention players deserve to see how they do will all the tpe they've earned.

Now 10 of 14 teams get to see how their team and players peform for 22 games, while 4 teams have to wait to test things in reg.season when games matter. Pre-season is completely useless for these 4 teams because people didn't do their jobs. That's unacceptable.

League should defintely step in and do whatever it takes to get all teams updated for pre-season immediately.

I'd be happy to help or update a team myself.

Also this is in no way directed at JY or Argar, they've done great work. The Updaters, Head Updater or HO needs to step up here and get this done today.

-Thanks

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Quote:Originally posted by Steelhead77@Feb 10 2017, 02:58 PM
Very disappointed in the updaters that 4 teams are not updated. Someone should step up in situations like this. There's more than enough people on this site (myself included) who would be willing to step in and update.

I realize it's just pre-season and doesn't really matter, but I've always found it helpful to run line tests, see how new builds work, etc. It's a 22 game sample size and while the reg.season may be completely different, it's still data we can use to analyze our team and players performance. I find it helpful and enjoy it, not to mention players deserve to see how they do will all the tpe they've earned.

Now 10 of 14 teams get to see how their team and players peform for 22 games, while 4 teams have to wait to test things in reg.season when games matter. Pre-season is completely useless for these 4 teams because people didn't do their jobs. That's unacceptable.

League should defintely step in and do whatever it takes to get all teams updated for pre-season immediately.

Also this is in no way directed at JY or Argar, they've done great work. The Updaters, Head Updater or HO needs to step up here and get this done today.

-Thanks

There needs to be more accountability for updaters, especially in the offseason. I couldn't get to POR or TEX last week, so I posted in the updater section asking any of the backup updaters to get them for me so that the teams would be updated in time for the preseason. Unfortunate that the same opportunity wasn't afforded to my team as well as a few others.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Steelhead77@Feb 10 2017, 12:58 PM

-Thanks

The 🔨

[Image: Wally.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Steelhead77@Feb 10 2017, 01:58 PM

-Thanks

A lot of GM's find preseason useful, it shouldn't be treated as a blowoff.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

So which teams are not updated?

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Quote:Originally posted by belgarat@Feb 10 2017, 02:28 PM
So which teams are not updated?
Dragons Panthers Riot Wolfpack

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Quote:Originally posted by Steelhead77@Feb 10 2017, 02:31 PM

Dragons&nbsp; Panthers&nbsp; Riot&nbsp; Wolfpack

Renegades

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

So 5 teams? What has to happen not sure how the process works? Do we have anyone that can do them and <a href='index.php?showuser=1352' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>ArGarBarGar</a> do you now have access so you could get the file done for JY if these get done?

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Quote:Originally posted by belgarat@Feb 10 2017, 02:34 PM
So 5 teams? What has to happen not sure how the process works? Do we have anyone that can do them and <a href='index.php?showuser=1352' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>ArGarBarGar</a> do you now have access so you could get the file done for JY if these get done?

We're working on getting all the updates in today. Not sure about from the simmer's side if they can get them in today or not.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

I bet if you asked someone like <a href='index.php?showuser=2485' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Sorator</a> obviously he can't do Seattle but