Create Account

S33 - Preseason Index

Quote:Originally posted by Sorator+Feb 11 2017, 01:06 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sorator @ Feb 11 2017, 01:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

It's definitely on us updaters, not JayWhy, for the record. (Hard to handle it all when we've got several updaters who aren't doing regular offseason updates and not enough backups to cover them all and our head isn't around to help track what has/hasn't been done or to hire new people, but still, it's not on JY.)[/b]

Sounds like whomever is the head updater needs to get to work or find more folks or keep their folks accountable. Not sure why updaters aren't updating during when teams are out of the playoffs. Would make for much lighter work to be quite honest instead of the continued regular season mad scramble.

<!--QuoteBegin-Sorator@Feb 11 2017, 01:06 AM
Well, we did manage to get teams updated today, but as JY said, he doesn't have the time to put those updates in before simming. Takes time to do that, and he budgeted that time earlier, and we didn't have the updates ready for him then.

We'll have it for the regular season start.
[/quote]

I was told some of the teams were being updated today. With the stance "oh those teams were updated last week (feb 3rd) so we aren't updating them this week. Did the updaters job now become bi-weekly? Once again. More frequent updates, the lighter the work load gets instead of the mad dash to scramble for preseason.

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

AND STILLLLLLLLLLL PENALTY KILL MINUTE CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:Originally posted by BigTittySmitty@Feb 11 2017, 12:12 AM
I was told some of the teams were being updated today. With the stance "oh those teams were updated last week (feb 3rd) so we aren't updating them this week. Did the updaters job now become bi-weekly? Once again. More frequent updates, the lighter the work load gets instead of the mad dash to scramble for preseason.

Updates are normally done every weekend. Some teams didn't get updated last weekend, and so folks updated them today in the hopes JY might be able to get those updates into the sim (which didn't happen, but it was worth a shot). Teams that were updated last weekend, including on Feb 3rd, didn't get updated again.

Every team should be updated sometime this weekend (Monday at the latest) as usual, except maybe the teams that were just updated today if they have nothing new to add. So everyone will be on even footing for the first sim of the season on Monday or Tuesday night (not sure when JY will get the first sim out).

Quote:Originally posted by BigTittySmitty@Feb 11 2017, 01:12 AM

All teams should have been updated sometime between the 3rd-6th. The 5 teams we did yesterday were missed last weekend. All teams will be updated this weekend on the regular schedule.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Imo JayWhy is last to be blamed here. If updaters didn't do their job. Yea they did it later, but why should he be updating teams for three times?

Quote:Originally posted by The_Mazais@Feb 11 2017, 09:13 AM
Imo JayWhy is last to be blamed here. If updaters didn't do their job. Yea they did it later, but why should he be updating teams for three times?

Exactly. Like I said, we dropped the ball, tried to pick it up later, didn't work out for him, but that's on us, not him.

Quote:Originally posted by Sorator@Feb 11 2017, 06:15 PM

Exactly. Like I said, we dropped the ball, tried to pick it up later, didn't work out for him, but that's on us, not him.
Plus, it is just a pre-season. When it comes to season he does much more than he is paid for. And I remember one time in summer when I didn't updated two teams he did it himself. You should thank him not just post that pre-season is worthless and shit

We're live for today's sim. I'm likely not going to be on so as usual if there are any issues, tag me to let me know and I'll look into it tomorrow.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Can this be the regular season?

21 in 16. The fuck.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Feb 11 2017, 12:04 PM

21 in 16. The fuck.
21 in 14 here boi get @ me

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Feb 11 2017, 11:04 AM

21 in 16. The fuck.
Portland in a playoffs spot. I'd be fine with it Smile)

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Feb 11 2017, 11:07 AM

21 in 14 here boi get @ me
I'm okay with that as a defensemayne.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

How the hell does this happen :facepalm:

11:12 of 3rd period - Shot by Mark Longford.
11:12 of 3rd period - Stopped by Hunter Wong without a rebound.
11:12 of 3rd period - Major / Game Misconduct Penalty to Hunter Wong for Attempt to injure.
11:12 of 3rd period - Hunter Wong is ejected from game.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Quote:Originally posted by Wongy@Feb 11 2017, 11:35 AM
How the hell does this happen :facepalm:

11:12 of 3rd period - Shot by Mark Longford.
11:12 of 3rd period - Stopped by Hunter Wong without a rebound.
11:12 of 3rd period - Major / Game Misconduct Penalty to Hunter Wong for Attempt to injure.
11:12 of 3rd period - Hunter Wong is ejected from game.
Stop slashing knees.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Quote:Originally posted by The_Mazais@Feb 11 2017, 07:23 AM

Plus, it is just a pre-season. When it comes to season he does much more than he is paid for. And I remember one time in summer when I didn't updated two teams he did it himself. You should thank him not just post that pre-season is worthless and shit

Oh wow he updated two teams?? <a href='index.php?showuser=2005' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>CRUTCHFIELD</a> did that yesterday and nobody is thanking him. But it is when 17 of my players aren't updated so none of preseason will give me anything to work with. Preseason IS worthless now. It's on updaters to do their job which they didn't but I would've loved that after updaters and people that aren't even updaters pitched in and helped get ALL teams up to speed for preseason but when they do it still nope I'm not going to update in the sim. I'm not thanking anybody (besides the good people that pitched in to help update yesterday). Preseason results are totally worthless because my updater (speaking as LAP hasnt had a stable updater in over 12 seasons) didn't do his job.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]