Create Account

Captain Annoucement Presser Zina has feelings

Code:
Ready to Grade

Earlier this evening, Timo Haas has announced this season's leadership for the Colorado Mammoths. Zinaida Titova is now accepting questions about receiving the C and what that means to her.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2397' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Samee</a> from Minnesota asks:
Interview Whats the goal for Titova this season?

The goal has been and will always will be to do better than the last season. This time around, my goal is to prove that I am worthy of the letter on my sweater. I feel honored that my team feels that I can be the Captain they need.

Zinaida tries to hide the unshed tears and looks down, wiping at her face for a moment before looking back up.

Interview If there was anyone you could name captain not yourself, who would it be and why?

Zina blinks because what an odd question.

To be honest, I have never thought of anyone else. I would name Dante but he has been called up to the Stampede. Probably because of all of their scandals.

Mammoths' PR team starts shooting glares at Zina who is unaware how much of an asshole she is sounding right now.

In truth, I feel like everyone on this team could be a good captain because of how much dedication we put to our team. We have had some rough times, yes, but those have been the times that we have become a cohesive group. We simply love each other.

Rambo and Aleks exchange some money in the background for Zina's use of the word cohesive. She does have a decent English vocabulary, it's just annoying to use!

Interview When do you plan on moving onto the SHL?
Whenever the Riot decide they need me. Truth be told, I go when I am told to go. I am in no hurry to go somewhere else at the moment.

She's happy where she is.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2485' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Sorator</a>, for the Irish Hockey Times asks:

Interview How does it feel to be leading your team in what might be your final season in the SMJHL?

Zina swallows and the shiny look in her eyes has returned. Damn, she has been crying more than she ever wanted to because of this announcement.

It feels like a perfect moment in my life. When I was a little girl in Magnitogorsk, I never thought beyond just playing. I know this sounds strange but I never went looking for a leadership role on a team before, but being on the Mammoths has changed everything. I have connected with my teammates more than before. The rookies have never felt like strangers, we have all become family. I still text Dante, Veli. Krugs and Sanja have become good friends and with the bond I already share with Rambo, we are going to be the best leaders.

So, knowing that it will probably be the last season makes me want to treasure my family so much more.

Interview Caelan Fearghal captained the Firebirds last season; has the fellow Riot prospect shared any advice on leading a team?

You mean after I told him that I'm no longer angry for the last season, stop running away?

The room laughs and Zina joins them in it.

He's given me a lot to think about. We have been texting back and forth and one of the things he's mentioned is to not lose my heart when following my head. Like I am the captain and there is a lot of responsibility there but if I lost myself, then the things that made me captain would not exist.

Now, to get Cory to answer my texts. I think I may have cursed the Knights out a little too much.

More laughter ensues and Zina manages to look sheepish.

Interview Do you plan to make an effort to remain more calm on the ice, with the added responsibility and with rookies looking to you for guidance? Or can we expect the Mammoths to be a team of spitfires this season?

You do realize that I do have one of the lowest PIM's on the Mammoths? And you should be more afraid of Rambo than me?

Zina raises an eyebrow but smiles to show that she is not offended.

You should expect glitter bombs. That's what you should expect. And more sleepovers, I have officially adopted the rookies and this is a thing we do now. Right now the plan is to have the rookies not pick too many battles they can't win and understand that just because I am small does not mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

Interview What decorations do you plan to add to the SMJHL Captains' Club this season? Be descriptive; you know media never gets access to that place.

The Captain's Club is going to receive some class and jewelry. You would think that with some of the personalities that have held the C there would be some crazy shit there. There isn't and I am disappointed. I would like to thank the person who brought in all the soft chairs and blankets for napping but seriously, where is the pizzazz? Where is the "I am a fucking captain and I know it and I will keep telling you in order to distract you from my dick size?" For shame everyone, for shame!!!

First I will bring in the furniture that survived the house fire when my mobster siblings died because I do not want them in my house. Expect some insanely modern and sort of ugly patterns because this is what rich people get.

Second, the tiger skins are being draped on the wall because museums have already turned me down. We are apex predators and it will be best to remind everyone of this fact.

Third, I am bringing in a dark chocolate fountain. It will go well right next to the TV and "this is totally not beer" fridge.

The club house is nice but it is simply too Canadian to live. Russia

<a href='index.php?showuser=1322' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>mpc</a>, for the Science of Hockey, asks:

Interview Where do you expect your skill set to be after this season?

I expect to have a skill set that shows that when things get rough, I can come in "clutch." I want to be able to play every minute with the ability to create some sort of magic on ice and I think that after this season, I will have that ability.

Interview What qualities do you feel you have that make you a good captain?

Well I am the Russian nuclear glitter bomb.

Zina says this with an overexaggerated wink and the room laughs again.

To be serious for a moment, this team is my family. I do not trust easily and I have told the world about the expectations that my sister and brother-in-law had once put upon me and my brother. I want to give family to my team and that is why I would be a great captain, not just good. Stats and success are important but family is more so.

Interview Which areas of leadership do you need to improve upon, on and off the ice, to be a complete captain?

Self-criticism has never been Zina's strong point, never been able to find that balance between valid and overblown. But she will try now.

Cory and Caelan will be among the first to tell me that sometimes I take a friendly rivalry too far. I can be a little intense in fun situations and that can be terrible for maintaining friendships.

Interview At the end of this season, what will you have accomplished that will make you worthy of an SHL roster spot?

I hope to bring home some goddamn hardware.

Interview How much does the Riot love you and support their next great forward?

They love me so much. I am so blessed to have two families in this league.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2476' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>ThePandava</a> for the SMJHL Blogs asks

Interview How do you feel about the new playoff format? Do you think it affects Colorado's chances of making the playoffs?

The new playoff format is going to prevent us from being bowled over by the Knights and Firebirds, which would be nice. I think it increases our chances to go beyond the first round this upcoming season because we are not up against such powerhouses. But it is the playoffs, and anything usually goes.

Zina's grin is a little predatory at that point.

Interview If you get called up to SHL next seaon. Who in your team do you believe can replace you both in terms of leadership and performance?

That...is a hard question. People I would have named like Teddy, Alek, Veli or Dante are either up already or will be up with me. I think that the younger players like Rambo would be a good pick if they are not called up next season either. I feel like this is a wait and see sort of thing because the season has yet to start and surprises are around every corner.

As for replacing me in skills? I don't think anyone could because nobody else could be me. They can be themselves and better in skills than me. I think that's a better thing.

Interview What is your favorite tv-show and why?

Does DBZ Abridged count? I just love it, a good blend of what I loved about the original with better dialogue.

Interview Who is your favorite tv-show character and why?
Good question. I just love all of them.

InterviewWho is your favourite alternate captain for the Mammoths?

I don't know, I am suddenly deaf and will now run away. No more questions.

[Image: galatix2.gif]
by @NUCK @QuantumCowboy @engimatic @GLU @FlappyGiraffe @karey

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] l [Image: HuqtOb2.png]

Whats the goal for Titova this season?

If there was anyone you could name captain not yourself, who would it be and why?

When do you plan on moving onto the SHL?

How does it feel to be leading your team in what might be your final season in the SMJHL?

Caelan Fearghal captained the Firebirds last season; has the fellow Riot prospect shared any advice on leading a team?

Do you plan to make an effort to remain more calm on the ice, with the added responsibility and with rookies looking to you for guidance? Or can we expect the Mammoths to be a team of spitfires this season?

What decorations do you plan to add to the SMJHL Captains' Club this season? Be descriptive; you know media never gets access to that place.

Where do you expect your skill set to be after this season?

What qualities do you feel you have that make you a good captain?

Which areas of leadership do you need to improve upon, on and off the ice, to be a complete captain?

At the end of this season, what will you have accomplished that will make you worthy of an SHL roster spot?

How much does the Riot love you and support their next great forward? :-x

Interview How do you feel about the new playoff format? Do you think it affects Colorado's chances of making the playoffs?

Interview If you get called up to SHL next seaon. Who in your team do you believe can replace you both in terms of leadership and performance?

Interview What is your favorite tv-show and why?

Interview Who is your favorite tv-show character and why?

Who is your favourite alternate captain for the Mammoths

[Image: izzy.PNG]

What was your initial reaction to hearing the news?

What are your plans as far as keeping people motivated in the locker room as captain?

Your thoughts on the outlook of the Mammoths for the coming season?

Lastly, how will this affect the way you play your game, if at all?

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Congratulations on being named Captain, that being said what do you have to do to lead this team to glory?

Do you think this honor will allow you to grow as a leader and better ready yourself for the next level, being the SHL?

Have you gotten to know any of your future Seattle teammates in the SHL and if so who have you become closest with so far?

Seattle hasn't won a Challenge Cup in awhile now, do you think you can be that person to help them get there eventually?

Who do you model your game after and look up to as a role model?

What are some of your fondest memories in the SMJHL?

Also, what are some of the things you'd rather forget or were not so fond of in the SMJHL?

What have you been doing this offseason to get ready for the upcoming season?

We all know that Colorado is a newer team in the SMJHL. There is a very small history there but it's dwarfed by some of the other teams. Colorado has always been seen as a very stark franchise without much personality. What does it feel like being one of the foundational members in a team that is trying to build an identity?

What are you feelings on the S34 SMJHL draft and the players your team brought in?

Do you feel like the Assistants picked were the right choices?

Are you excited to make the jump to the SHL soon?

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

How awesome are your linemates so far this season? Wink

Glad I'm not on the Knights' roster anymore & you might actually have a fighting chance?

Anything new to report on the ongoing saga between you & Orlov?

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

How's Vasya doing these days?

What's the legacy that Titova wants to leave before she retires from the NHL?

What do you think about Crossfit the workout and do you do it on a regular basis?

And finally, how do you think Riot will do this season in the SHL?

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Bumping this so it gets graded. Sorry for not answering everyone's questions but the rule change happened and I got dejected. Thank you for asking me things

[Image: galatix2.gif]
by @NUCK @QuantumCowboy @engimatic @GLU @FlappyGiraffe @karey

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] l [Image: HuqtOb2.png]