Create Account

SMJHL Player Power Rankings

Hey everyone this is the SMJHL Daily and we are proud to announce that we have a new writer on our team. Please welcome our new writer and analyst Willy Boro.
Hey guys, I am Willy Boro and starting from this week I will post a weekly players rankings. The system I’ve used to make the player rankings is based on the SHL fantasy league scoring. I wanted to try this scoring system to see if I can produce a reliable player rankings. So to test out this scoring system, I’ve used the S32 SMJHL regular season stats to make a player ranking of the S32 SMJHL season. We don’t use the stats of the playoffs because we want to evaluate every player in the league. If you want to see last season player ranking, click https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b0W...#gid=1868495435

Here is the list of the top 5 player in the S32 SMJHL. :

1. Sepp Reiter raiders

Sepp Reiter was the best player last season as he won the Raymond Lindsay Trophy and the Ideen Fallah Trophy. He led the team to a second straight Laurier Trophy. He finished first in goals and first points scored. In the power ranking, he is the #1 on the list. He got 112 points for scoring 28 goals and he has 9 more point than the second place in the PR.

2. Sebastian Thompson Knights

Sebastian Thompson won the Tom Corcoran Trophy, award given to the best goalie of the season. That might be a surprise for a lot you who are reading because he wasn’t nominated for the Raymond Lindsay Trophy or the Ideen Fallah Trophy. However, he second in every goalie stats behind Max Smith-Frey who has played 8 games less than Thompson.

3. Adam Kaiser Whalers Militia

The playoffs MVP finished third in the power ranking. He finished 2nd as the best defensemen of the season. In Vancouver, he was almost producing 1ppg but his production fell off when he was traded in Montreal. He was also not nominated for the Raymond Lindsay Trophy or the Ideen Fallah Trophy. This might be for his plus/minus stats wasn’t impressive and his stats in Montreal wasn’t the same as in Vancouver.

4. John Langabeer Knights

How is John Langabeer in the list and not Cory Knouse? Well, Overall I think that Langabeer was more productive than Knouse. Knouse might be a little bit better on the offense but Langabeer won the Brandon Holmes Trophy, an award given to the best defensive forward of the season. The difference between the stats of John Langabeer and Cory knouse, was the number of shots blocked in which Langabeer had twice as much than Knouse.

5. Michael Walker Militia

Michael Walker was the best center last season. He can win faceoff and he finished third in points scored. He beat out Cory Knouse on the top 5 list. It was very close competition between both of them as they have a similar offensive stats; G: 21 vs 23 / A: 37 vs 36 / P: 58 vs 59 and they have the same amount of shots blocked. However, Michael Walker had 56 hits last season which gave him 10 more points than Knouse.

Please note, this is not a complete player rankings because we don’t use all the stats. If we would use like in example the plus/minus rating, Zander Rhys might be in the top 5 as he was the best defensemen in the league but here he finished behind Adam Kaiser, Tommy Salami and Roddy Hawkins. Also, some players proved us in the playoffs that they were way better like Tim Elliot.

That’s all for today. I hope you have enjoyed this article. Please if you have any suggestion for this ranking, post it in the comment section. I will gladly take your suggestion into consideration. The next article will come out soon! So don't forget to check the media thread if you don't want to miss out.

- Willy Boro, Analyst and Writer for the SMJHL Daily

Code:
2214 words (spreadsheets included) and ready to be graded

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

still editing grrr.

No wozy????? Booooo Willy borro don't know nothing bout great players

Need a sig :-/

<a href='index.php?showuser=2536' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>TheWoZy</a> either I'm blind as a bat or I cannot see the spreadsheet in the original post. I cannot grade what I cannot read.
Either provide spreadsheet or get paid for the word count in your post.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Zoone16@Apr 20 2017, 07:03 PM
<a href='index.php?showuser=2536' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>TheWoZy</a> either I'm blind as a bat or I cannot see the spreadsheet in the original post. I cannot grade what I cannot read.
Either provide spreadsheet or get paid for the word count in your post.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b0W...#gid=1868495435