Create Account

Day Z

Quote:Originally posted by Jesster@Jul 25 2012, 03:21 PM

MMO-like really, its an open world (kinda crazy huge which leads to a lot of running), its not really story driven at all.  Unfortunately it is just a mod of a "realistic" military shooter called Arma.  Its cool but I feel like its really limited from it since its not a stand alone game yet.  Nando, take a look at some youtube videos of it if you're interested or check out their website in the first post.

On a somewhat related note, but a different game...
I do recommend anyone interested in a survival-zombie type game to go here and sign up for the beta for The War Z.  It's worth trying when it comes out later this summer.

http://thewarz.com/

I heard about The War Z on IGN and PCGamer, it definitely looks pretty cool. I'm looking forward to it, already signed up for beta. Hoping to get in.

Quote:Originally posted by philthethrill81@Jul 26 2012, 11:27 PM

how does WarZ work? and is it free?

Not sure, I believe it will cost $29.00 US when it releases.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Quote:Originally posted by Jesster@Jul 27 2012, 01:01 AM

Not sure, I believe it will cost $29.00 US when it releases.

Yeah that's what it said in the IGN interview. They also mentioned they plan to offer a discount if you pre-order, and you also get into the closed beta.

Currently downloading Arma 2 from steam cannot wait to get this game fired up, it looks so epic.

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@Jul 28 2012, 04:51 PM
Currently downloading Arma 2 from steam cannot wait to get this game fired up,  it looks so epic.

Looking forward to what you have to say about it. I'm thinking about getting it as well, but don't want to get Arma II...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jul 28 2012, 10:54 AM

Looking forward to what you have to say about it. I'm thinking about getting it as well, but don't want to get Arma II...

The way i thought about it was, the game is 30 bucks and there is no charge for day Z so in the end it is cheaper than buying a new PS3/Xbox game anyways, i am most likely going to enjoy it more.

First day impressions of the game, between my friend and i we managed to survive for about 30 minutes, most of that time was spent running away from zombies while bleeding. Last game i managed to survive the session however i am in a fucked up position, only weapon i have is a hatchet, no food, no medication, and i have a broken leg and the zombies are not attacking me, so far ive had to crawl all over the place looking for a hospital because i need morphine to fix my leg but no luck, and i havent met anyone willing to help. Conclusion i need to get killed so i can respawn and enjoy the game.

My review of the game: so far i have enjoyed the ultra realistic gameplay, looking forward to playing it with some people so the game can turn.ou better.

Glad you like it and definitely can see you have a respect for the realism they try to capture in it. Although a running (no pun intended) joke is that the game is actually a run simulator. :lol:

I love it, we need to play together though, do you use Skype or anything? Could totally get in on an SHL survival group.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to download skype and im down, i really want to play with people i can communifate with.

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@Jul 28 2012, 07:18 PM
I have to download skype and im down, i really want to play with people i can communifate with.

Have you gotten somewhat comfortable with the inventory system? It can be kind of confusing and clunky when you're starting out.

Quote:Originally posted by Jesster@Jul 28 2012, 07:20 PM

Have you gotten somewhat comfortable with the inventory system? It can be kind of confusing and clunky when you're starting out.

More less, i need more practice, i just need morphine, lmao.

would anyone be up for playing dayz when they die?

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@Jul 28 2012, 07:30 PM

More less, i need more practice, i just need morphine, lmao.

Are you playing now? Maybe all 3 of us should hop on a server.

Im at a family dinner, ill be on late tonight.

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@Jul 28 2012, 07:48 PM
Im at a family dinner, ill be on late tonight.

Okay, I should be too. Post up in here if you get on.