Create Account

Portland punishment

Just my 2 cents...

With Wally now retired and Tweedle not in a Co-GM position for awhile i think this has punished the GM's who made the mistake, but I see no reason to burn this franchise to the ground and punish the players on the team, locked into contracts for something beyond there control...including those that were wronged in the first place...

As a result I suggest the 3 - 1st rounders taken away in this punishment be given back...make this team appealing to a future GM (and potential new Co GM) and let's not lose anymore active members for no reason...

Let's put the punishment on who it belongs, not on those it doesn't.

Thank you

Quote:Originally posted by Carl@Aug 11 2017, 10:24 AM
I have literally zero bias when it comes to this, and I have to say this is a complete and total failure by the head office.

Whikadoodle nailed it, it's the head office's job to keep franchises healthy and running. The league is better off when every single team is desirable for some reason or another.

Maybe there's bias involved with some of the people here because I don't even know anyone involved but can definitely say it's WAY overboard of a punishment. You don't need to completely ruin a franchise because of a small mistake like this by the GM's. Punish the GM's, not ruin the franchise for that long.

I hope that:

A) Portland repeals and comes up with strong argument as to why the punishment is too harsh. (Which, let's be honest, should not be too difficult)

B ) The repeal committee is level headed and sees the situation from the perspective of the good of the league, not just fucking over a team because they broke the rules.
So why did Toronto lose 3 1sts and get a massive cap hit penalty if what you affirmed is valid?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Aug 11 2017, 09:24 AM
I just think the saddest thing about this entire ordeal is that 4 individuals decided to retire because they GMs broke the rules. While I admit the punishment is very severe, you handicap this team for the foreseeable future and basically throw Portland back into the dumpster team they were from S25-33 ish

Also who tf came up with this HO election idea this shit is aids

To be clear, Brumm retired his recreate, not his Portland player. He'd already retired that player. Brumm's (latest) retirement doesn't actually affect Portland at all.

Quote:Originally posted by Winter is Coming@Aug 11 2017, 09:28 AM

So why did Toronto lose 3 1sts and get a massive cap hit penalty if what you affirmed is valid?
I mean, it's entirely possible to disagree with both this punishment and Toronto's.

I'm not sure how I feel about either, honestly.

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Aug 11 2017, 10:24 AM
Also who tf came up with this HO election idea this shit is aids

stfu my idea is great. community chooses people to make these decisions. somebody still has to make the decision, i'd rather it be a group of people voted in than someone like <a href='index.php?showuser=3' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-50'>Spangle</a> (unnecessary burn)

could always use a little tweaking. nothing's perfect.

edit: sounded too harsh without emojis. Here's one: Ninja

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Rabidsponge21@Aug 11 2017, 07:55 AM

<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Cynthia</a>

<a href='index.php?showuser=1485' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>RaiN</a>

We have another job for you two.
Pack your bags sweetheart - we're going on a trip.

As long as we can bring our head scout in <a href='index.php?showuser=1663' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Winter is Coming</a>

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Damn that punishment. RIP Portland.

Quote:Originally posted by Bishop@Aug 11 2017, 03:27 PM
Just my 2 cents...

With Wally now retired and Tweedle not in a Co-GM position for awhile i think this has punished the GM's who made the mistake, but I see no reason to burn this franchise to the ground and punish the players on the team, locked into contracts for something beyond there control...including those that were wronged in the first place...

As a result I suggest the 3 - 1st rounders taken away in this punishment be given back...make this team appealing to a future GM (and potential new Co GM) and let's not lose anymore active members for no reason...

Let's put the punishment on who it belongs, not on those it doesn't.

Thank you

Preach

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

HO, I'm ready. You know where to find me, show some balls and hire the right man for the job at last

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Winter is Coming@Aug 11 2017, 09:28 AM

This is my first time logging in in almost 2 years so I don't even know anything about that.

Quote:Originally posted by Sorator@Aug 11 2017, 10:32 AM

I mean, it's entirely possible to disagree with both this punishment and Toronto's.

I'm not sure how I feel about either, honestly.
Sure, but the precedent for super harsh punishments has now been set, and like it or not, future punishments should/can be compared to it.

This was a fare more malicious action, so I don't see why the punishment shouldn't at least be similar in terms of severity?

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Quote:Originally posted by Carl@Aug 11 2017, 10:35 AM

This is my first time logging in in almost 2 years so I don't even know anything about that.
Welcome back, and welcome to the shit show. :lol:

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Quote:Originally posted by Carl@Aug 11 2017, 07:35 AM

I feel like I've seen you around more than that

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Sorator@Aug 11 2017, 08:31 AM

To be clear, Brumm retired his recreate, not his Portland player. He'd already retired that player. Brumm's (latest) retirement doesn't actually affect Portland at all.
I'm just sad we lost a great member in Brumm as well with that.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Aug 11 2017, 08:33 AM

stfu my idea is great. community chooses people to make these decisions. somebody still has to make the decision, i'd rather it be a group of people voted in than someone like <a href='index.php?showuser=3' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-50'>Spangle</a> (unnecessary burn)

could always use a little tweaking. nothing's perfect.

edit: sounded too harsh without emojis. Here's one: Ninja
Spangs was goat commish what u talking about

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates