Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Aug 13 2012, 05:56 PM

I guess if he was a mailman, I should only judge him based on his mail delivery skills. :lol:
Exactly. I'm not gonna hold athletes or anyone to a different standard. If anything, I think you should cut someone more slack on field when emotions can get the better of you and you get caught up in the moment.

Quote:Originally posted by Xavi@Aug 13 2012, 04:44 PM
And he paid his dues and has been given a second chance by everybody except the people who can't get over it and move on.

What was the point of him going to jail if people are still going to dwell on the past of what he's done? It's ridiculous. He went to jail to pay the dues for the crime he committed, he did so and his slate is clean
you say some stupid shit man

My post isnt meant to say that hes not a shitty person but what I meant to say is even the shitty people you should be able to separate that from the game and see what they have done for the game and applaud them for their physical accomplishments. Also not saying this is the case for Vick but many athletes get hammered while some dont get it at all when they should.

Prime example is Michael Jordan. Guy was a womanizer and just a down right ass fuck yet no one ever mentions that.

Quote:Originally posted by lightningbolt444@Aug 13 2012, 04:46 PM
My post isnt meant to say that hes not a shitty person but what I meant to say is even the shitty people you should be able to separate that from the game and see what they have done for the game and applaud them for their physical accomplishments. Also not saying this is the case for Vick but many athletes get hammered while some dont get it at all when they should.

Prime example is Michael Jordan. Guy was a womanizer and just a down right ass fuck yet no one ever mentions that.
I don't applaud people like James Holmes for his ingenuity in planning his killing spree. People are like puzzles, every piece means little to nothing without the full picture. It then becomes subjective to each person how much each piece matters to them.

Vick, to me, has not doen nearly enough otherwise for me to look past his actions. Jordan is one of the greatest players, if not the greatest, in basketball. Between that, and admitting his own flaws in statements like "Don't be like Mike", he does a lot to make up for his flaws as far as I'm concerned

Quote:Originally posted by LX_Theo@Aug 13 2012, 05:53 PM

I don't applaud people like James Holmes for his ingenuity in planning his killing spree. People are like puzzles, every piece means little to nothing without the full picture. It then becomes subjective to each person how much each piece matters to them.

Vick, to me, has not doen nearly enough otherwise for me to look past his actions. Jordan is one of the greatest players, if not the greatest, in basketball. Between that, and admitting his own flaws in statements like "Don't be like Mike", he does a lot to make up for his flaws as far as I'm concerned

Whoa how you can even compare someone that went on a killing spree to judging a player by what he does on the field and basically having two seperate opinions of them

Quote:Originally posted by lightningbolt444@Aug 13 2012, 05:01 PM

Whoa how you can even compare someone that went on a killing spree to judging a player by what he does on the field and basically having two seperate opinions of them
Same way I can compare crappy cars to really nice ones like a Lamborghini.

You sort of have to be able to compare the two. I'm not saying what Vick did was anywhere near as bad. But for how bad it is, it should still be considered in the same way.

Otherwise, you find yourself with a whole bunch of double standards that makes your entire opinion illogical and fair to no one.

Wow talk about over thinking it lol. You can have two opinions of someone as an athlete and one as a man it's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

Quote:Originally posted by lightningbolt444@Aug 13 2012, 07:32 PM
Wow talk about over thinking it lol. You can have two opinions of someone as an athlete and one as a man it's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

Sure you can. Never said you couldn't.

It would still be unfair and irrational to judge them based on a partial picture of who they are. Also isn't a difficult concept to grasp.

Anyone else excited to watch the trainwreck that is the Jets this season?

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Aug 18 2012, 08:53 PM

Very much so.

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Aug 18 2012, 07:53 PM

I don't like Sanchez, but I have this gut feeling he's going to have a big year. We'll see. If not, Tebow will be starting soon enough, lol.

Anyone see that INT Brandon Carr just had? I really thought he was gonna drop it.

Quote:Originally posted by DylanJK@Aug 18 2012, 09:07 PM

I don't like Sanchez, but I have this gut feeling he's going to have a big year. We'll see. If not, Tebow will be starting soon enough, lol.

Sanchez is probably my least favorite player, outside of Tebow. I just want him to be average for 2-3 games, just for the zoo of Tebow-Mania.

Quote:Originally posted by DylanJK@Aug 18 2012, 09:07 PM

I would like them to both crash and burn and be playing in the CFL next season so I never have to hear about them again.

The Jets are not even good and I have to hear about them all the time because of shitty qb A and Shitty qb B. HOpe the Bills dline rips both of them a new asshole the first game

Quote:Originally posted by DylanJK@Aug 18 2012, 10:07 PM

Note to self: Don't trust Dylan's guy feelings.

Personally, I think Sanchez is THE worst starting QB in the league. I think Tebow's better than him, largely because Tebow somehow finds a way to win and Sanchez just dumps the ball of every play.