Create Account

S42 Pre-Awards Discussion Thread
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2018, 09:38 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: gNmmaLr.png]

Hello all and welcome to the S42 SHL pre-awards discussion thread where everyone can come in and voice their opinion (try and sway the voters) on who should be nominated and who should win!

Here are the awards that will be voted on:
Ron Mexico Award (League MVP)
John McBride Award (Best goalie)
Scott Stevens Award (Top D)
Ryan Jesster Award (Top Rookie)
Lance Uppercut Award (Best GM)
Joe McKeil Award (Best coach)
Jeff Dar Award (Top 2way forward)
Damien Littleton Award (Most Dedicated)
Aiden Richan Award (Breakout Star)

S42 League Index --> http://www.shlstuff.wtgbear.com/RegSeaso...index.html

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

F u 44

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Yes please.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

I feel like we've added some awards

Zach Evans | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

08-06-2018, 09:32 PMztevans Wrote: I feel like we've added some awards

that was pre award jitters... post corrected!

Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2018, 09:42 PM by Ace.)

Connor Tanner for Richan.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

I still think, by the way, that we should be splitting the Stevens into offensive and defensive defencemen awards. It's kinda silly that this is the only award defencemen are ever considered for (other than the occasional lucky Jesster nominee), and forwards have about 5 or 6 to share.

08-06-2018, 10:00 PMAvakael Wrote: I still think, by the way, that we should be splitting the Stevens into offensive and defensive defencemen awards. It's kinda silly that this is the only award defencemen are ever considered for (other than the occasional lucky Jesster nominee), and forwards have about 5 or 6 to share.

I agree with Avakael on this point. It would serve this site well to encourage a difference in who each player plays.

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2018, 10:15 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

08-06-2018, 10:00 PMAvakael Wrote: I still think, by the way, that we should be splitting the Stevens into offensive and defensive defencemen awards. It's kinda silly that this is the only award defencemen are ever considered for (other than the occasional lucky Jesster nominee), and forwards have about 5 or 6 to share.

I posted this at the beggining of the season as i want input from the site on our awards and what can be added, modified or changed.. it didnt receieve allot of feedback.. but i admit that adding it days after we migrated to this new site was bad timing. I do think we are missing a few awards and im willing to put people together and brainstorm a new award and its criteria... so to all.. jump into this link below and let me hear what you think.

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=87914

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Who does avakeal have to blow to get two defender awards

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Yannick Berger for Richan! Reginald MacIntyre for Jesster!

(I haven't done any actual research on it yet, probably look at it over the weekend. But I know Berger went from like 13 points last season to now over 30, and MacIntyre is either league leader or among them in shot blocks and doing pretty solid scoring and such. Gotta give my guys the praise on their great seasons.)

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

I'll throw my own hat into the Richan debate. Went from 23 points as a rookie to 40 points (with 5 more games to play). Most likely will finish with 20 or so goals, while also getting 13 SBs

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Just gonna list my Buffalo Bros here that should have a shot.
Ron Mexico: Jordin FourFour Jr. ReasonTimo Haas won it in S39 with 92.1 SV%, 2,43 GAA,4 SO with 22 W. 8xS1,3xS2,3xS3 .That season the highest scoring forward was York with 67. LAP finished 4th in the west with 56 points. So to 44 jr. stats: 92.0 SV%, 2,50 GAA, 4 SO with 22W. 6xS1,3xS2,3xS3 and he still has 6 games to go. Highest scoring forward if he keeps the pace will be York with 65. BUF currently is 4th in the east with 50 points, 6 games still left to play.
Stats are just so similar so I think my case should have some legitimacy.
McBride: 44 Jr. again best SV% ,best GAA & most SO.
Stevens: Metzler: Most Points by a Defender. Compared to the other guys Metzler has the most even strength points. Metzler has 11 PPP, Rhys has 19 & Kosonen has 17. Metzler has 139 hits. Kosonen doesn't hit. Rhys has more hits with 148. Now for +7- Metzler is #4 on his team with +14, Kosonen is also 4th on his team with +6, Rhys is 2nd worst on his team with -11.
Imo Metzler has the most complete game. Kosonen doesn't hit Metzler does. Rhys is 2nd worst on his team at +/- and has less even strength offensive impact.
Dar: Vorkämpfer: Plays only 21.42 minutes per games but still 172 hits #4 for forwards. 45 Points. #1 in +/- on his team with 26 (which is #4 in the league). 14 SB. 115PKM on the 3rd best PK in the league. 3 GW & 3GT. 52.12% FO% P/20 of 0.95. 13.01% SHT % on 123 Shots.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2018, 06:57 AM by Avakael.)

08-06-2018, 10:19 PM.bojo Wrote: Who does avakeal have to blow to get two defender awards
[Image: UhJoo1H.jpg]

Noro Wozy for Richan

[Image: capybar22_600.png]