Create Account

PT Affiliation

08-22-2018, 02:12 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
08-22-2018, 01:50 PMMavfatha Wrote:
08-22-2018, 01:44 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: They can't do much worse than they do now.

What would your player be if they were a superhero? What?

That was a fun PT...

Why?

Personally I don't know that much about hockey so I prefer to write random creative articles like that, the trading card game one, etc.

Though I have the opposite problem in PBE, big baseball person so I could talk about stats all day long and instead I have to come up with online dating profiles for players...

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

08-22-2018, 11:19 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
08-22-2018, 11:15 AMjRuutu Wrote:
08-22-2018, 11:14 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
08-22-2018, 11:03 AMjRuutu Wrote: SHL as a league loses it´s value and shine by teaming up with other leagues like this, SHL loses it´s uniqueness when it pimps itself out almost for free. Going to this direction means that in the end SHL is going to be just like other leagues. So many people being up for this PT affiliation means this league as we know it is going towards desctruction - what so many enjoyed wont be here soon anymore, what is going to be left is just users who want as much as possible with as little work as possible.

[Image: giphy.gif]

? GOMHL with more teams and users is what I see at the end of this road.

What benefit do PTs even give to the league? Honestly.

If you want people who work hard to get an advantage, develop a system which gives TPE or more money to those who actually contribute to the site, with simming, record keeping, management, etc. Don't put PTs up on a pedestal. It doesn't deserve the praise you are giving it.

THANK YOU

I will die on MY pedestal that PT's are the dumbest possible evaluation and TPE gaining metric created ever. Sure VHL uses TPE but at least gaining TPE means something, where you have to write media, do graphics, or write about the league of your own accord in various forums across the league that facilitate discussion. You aren't put into a meaningless box of one topic that has no relevance outside of the SHL Progression forum

Give us reasons to care about the league, and reasons to contribute. Money means nothing anymore so for jobs who cares. The league should have been structured around TPE being earned for performing forum tasks or writing media, or being a contributing member of society. Money should be focused in on contracts to force people to go for their fair market value rather than everyone taking league minimum which makes FA unexciting and salary cap meaningless

Obviously nothing against the PT team or commissioners or anyone, it's just my opinion that PT's are and should be irrelevant in building a player.

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

08-22-2018, 11:34 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: What are you talking about?

About this: If you want people who work hard to get an advantage, develop a system which gives TPE or more money to those who actually contribute to the site, with simming, record keeping, management, etc.

If you put a system like that in place, going to fairly surely get a negative reaction out of the group who struggle to find time to do the PT´s.

08-22-2018, 11:47 AMErM Wrote:
08-22-2018, 11:18 AMjRuutu Wrote: It´s not Eggy that I´m worried about, it´s the other users in the HO.

Could you please call them out by name so I specifically know what HOs are snakes?

Would love to, but they wont let me into the HO to see who are the users who brought the idea up in the first place and who the users are that actively promoted it.

08-22-2018, 11:32 AMiamslm22 Wrote:
08-22-2018, 10:43 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: The one thing that really bothers me in these kinds of discussions is how people keep assuming bad intentions on the other side, could we please stop doing that? The people in favor of this change aren't lazy snakes who want to see the SHL die and the people against it aren't elitist pricks who hate all other leagues. We all want the SHL and sim leagues in general to thrive and simply disagree on whether this change will help with that goal or not.

Honestly read Jruutu's and Nuck's comments. Tell me their not being elitist pricks. Rutuu has had about as much logic here as he did when he went on some asinine anti Free Agency rant in GOMHL. These dudes called out PBE and NSFL "self admitted struggling leagues" which is obviously bullshit since both are in great shape.

Tell me this then, if PBE and NFSL are in so good shape - why the need for this PT afflitiation? If you guys got enough players, active league in general, people are having fun, drafts are solid usually, people do PT´s, write articles etc - why come here? Is it SHL that is the struggling one?

And yes, I´m the ´crazy´ one for not wanting to give rewards for just showing up.

08-22-2018, 03:36 PMjRuutu Wrote: Would love to, but they wont let me into the HO to see who are the users who brought the idea up in the first place and who the users are that actively promoted it.

So we can just go on with name calling without actual people in mind or proof ? Nice idea!

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

08-22-2018, 03:47 PMEvok Wrote:
08-22-2018, 03:36 PMjRuutu Wrote: Would love to, but they wont let me into the HO to see who are the users who brought the idea up in the first place and who the users are that actively promoted it.

So we can just go on with name calling without actual people in mind or proof ? Nice idea!

What you want from me? Do you want me to pick all the members in HO and guess who were so up for the PT affiliation? I would like to know who voted yes/no on the case.

08-22-2018, 03:50 PMjRuutu Wrote:

What you want from me? Do you want me to pick all the members in HO and guess who were so up for the PT affiliation? I would like to know who voted yes/no on the case.

I mean if you go and call a bunch of people snakes, i'm surprised you don't have some of them in mind already. Cause you seems pretty adament that they kinda want to destroy the SHL from the inside. I don't know but i personnally dont go around calling a group of people malicious when one person did something i perceive wrong.

08-22-2018, 02:20 PMKeygan Wrote:
08-22-2018, 01:59 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
08-22-2018, 01:48 PMEvok Wrote:
08-22-2018, 01:38 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
08-22-2018, 01:16 PM.bojo Wrote: I'm only a fan of this because now if sites truly care about PTs they'll compete to see who can actually make me want to do a PT, thus encouraging good, fun PTs.

Or the sites/PT-crews will stop caring because fewer people do each PT and because they rely on the fact that ppl will get their TPE from elsewhere.

@goilers, @iamslm22, @Dweaves08, @to12143

Did you guys stopped caring about the PT when NSFL-PBE started the affiliation last season?
Interview

Oh yeah let's get some unbiased voices in here, like the people that will benefit from this change the most.

They’re the PPT in their leagues, isn’t that what you asked for?

I was not aware of that, sorry. Still, I would argue that one season is not nearly enough to judge the long-term effects this will have on people motivations.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

08-22-2018, 03:53 PMEvok Wrote:

I mean if you go and call a bunch of people snakes, i'm surprised you don't have some of them in mind already. Cause you seems pretty adament that they kinda want to destroy the SHL from the inside. I don't know but i personnally dont go around calling a group of people malicious when one person did something i perceive wrong.

No I mean even Eggy said that he don´t remember exactly how the conversation started or who started it, but I´m guessing someone in the HO thought about this glorious idea and few more then thought it´s a good idea since it´s in place now. (More than one person)

08-22-2018, 03:36 PMjRuutu Wrote:

About this: If you want people who work hard to get an advantage, develop a system which gives TPE or more money to those who actually contribute to the site, with simming, record keeping, management, etc.

If you put a system like that in place, going to fairly surely get a negative reaction out of the group who struggle to find time to do the PT´s.

That is why we have things like activity checks and the like. Other sites also have welfare.

By the way, I am not trying to propose any kind of system, just saying I would rather have a new system than the one we have, because there is no value to PTs other than acting as a more elaborate activity check, which I already said.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

08-22-2018, 03:57 PMjRuutu Wrote:

No I mean even Eggy said that he don´t remember exactly how the conversation started or who started it, but I´m guessing someone in the HO thought about this glorious idea and few more then thought it´s a good idea since it´s in place now. (More than one person)

I guess it still does not compute in my head to attack a group of person when you think *one* might be responsable, which btw you aren't even sure if the person is still in HO or ever was in HO. But please keep being the gift that keeps on giving, you are making my day much more enjoyable.

08-22-2018, 04:00 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
08-22-2018, 03:36 PMjRuutu Wrote:

That is why we have things like activity checks and the like. Other sites also have welfare.

By the way, I am not trying to propose any kind of system, just saying I would rather have a new system than the one we have, because there is no value to PTs other than acting as a more elaborate activity check, which I already said.

What is wrong with having elaborate activity checks in SHL? If you remove the PT´s completely, what is then the reason for having seasons take this long? So people can write their articles and do graphics?

I'm pretty sure everyone voted yes by the end of it, even myself despite the reservations I had throughout the process.

08-22-2018, 04:06 PMEggy216 Wrote: I'm pretty sure everyone voted yes by the end of it, even myself despite the reservations I had throughout the process.

08-22-2018, 04:02 PMEvok Wrote:
08-22-2018, 03:57 PMjRuutu Wrote:
08-22-2018, 03:47 PMEvok Wrote: So we can just go on with name calling without actual people in mind or proof ? Nice idea!

I guess it still does not compute in my head to attack a group of person when you think *one* might be responsable, which btw you aren't even sure if the person is still in HO or ever was in HO. But please keep being the gift that keeps on giving, you are making my day much more enjoyable.

My apologies, the ´Thank you, SHL HO´ signature at the end of the first post in this topic confused me, I thought it was the HO who worked on this.