Create Account

S43 PT #5 - Draft Class

The Season 41 draft class has some notables, though I feel I don't see a lot of them around as much as I do others. I still see the ever-present FORFEIT from time to time when the next draft rolls around. On the ice, Flacko Lagerfield has made his overall number one pick worthwhile to the Buffalo Stampede, who were in pretty big need of a stud from the fresh stock and he has delivered. 14 goals and 11 assists in his rookie season (with one game to go at the time of writing) is not too shabby at all for the winger. Dayymo Ralchankinov has been solid in his own right in his second season, still hanging around, even with only 7 goals and 4 assists on a West Kendall squad top-heavy on scoring.

I believe I fit pretty well within this draft class, going first among defensemen and helping to lay the foundation in Manhattan for the future and with a cadre of S42 defensemen soon to join our ranks. As others have mentioned, there are only a few active who are still around in this class, and among them, very few who currently look to become movers and shakers in the SHL. We can all be thankful this draft class technically did not include the infamous Mister Shit, who was released and retired before he had a chance to enter the SHL Draft. This class shouldn't be remembered for him. You can't include a guy in a draft class who was never drafted.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

The S39 SHL Entry Draft was a winter reddit draft, and looking back it has produced some of the best users on the site and have people in all sorts of big positions in the league. The leaders on the ice would be players like Viktor Marius (@karey), Tommy Tuck (@Muford), Yannick Berger (@to12143), Anders Christiansen (@NorwegianDemon), Mikhail Lokitonov aka the S42 Richan Trophy winner (me cause I'm a vain bitch), and many other defenseman that don't put up big numbers, but are huge assets to their teams. Off the ice we have the likes of @Nobody (Toronto Co (soon to be Head) GM, SMJHL HO member, UK IIHF Head), @FlappyGiraffe (Former Colorado Co-GM and current Jets Head GM), @Blastmeaway and @caltroit_red_flames (Head and Co-GM of the Czechs in IIHF), karey is a sig god and a grader, and I am the Head GM of the Anchorage Armada. Whether on or off the ice, this draft class is full of talent and will be looked back on as one of the best winter reddit drafts as many of us are help shaping the future of the SHL.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

The season 38 draft class might best be described as the Buffalo class, in retrospect. Three of the top six, and five of the top twenty players by TPE at this point were drafted by the Stampede, with their three first round picks and two seconds. The arrival of new users to the league meant there were perhaps more draft steals than usual, with Kevin Hamilton and Dermot Lavelle being selected late in the first round but both hitting over 1000 TPE now; and to a lesser extent, Maurice Picard's selection at twenty five overall, though he now ranks in the top fifteen of that draft class by TPE.

The following season would have more of an impact overall, perhaps, being a reddit draft, but there is still a lot of quality here, with eleven players over 1000 TPE or close to breaking that threshold. There is a significant drop-off from there on, however.

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

10-03-2018, 02:42 PMWaters Wrote:
10-01-2018, 02:11 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: S36 will go down as one of the best draft classes in recent years. It was a reddit draft, and much was expected, as the class included recreates like Ace, prettyburn, and artermis. And the class has lived up to the hype. Not only have almost all of the recreates hit the mark, the first time users have done well too. TDZ is a member of HO and Halifax GM. Evok was a great GM for Ireland and is the current league simmer. cpetrella went from an undrafted rookie to a first-line forward in Edmonton, one of the best teams in the league. Myself (bloos) and StaticShocked form part of Seattle’s top six, which has been deadly this year for one of the surprise packages of the season. Waters has proven to be a steal, as he’s passed 1000 TPE and is playing a role on the West-leading Jets. There are more players who deserve a mention, but I’m just too lazy to.
168 words

I've been on the steelhawks for 2 seasons and am currently the co blues. :(

This is probably the best thing in this PT

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

My player, Flacko Lagerfield was apart of the very forgettable S41 draft class. The class is very top heavy and it could be one of the most top heavy classes of all time come regression time. The 3 leading players in TPE who are Daniel Karlsson , Flacko Lagerfield and Piotr Czerkawski are all on pace for 2K TPE. It's a race to who will finish at the top of the class when regression hits, anyone of these players can be at the top. However, when you look outside these 3, the quality of the S41 draft class drops significantly. After the big 3, you have Reginald MacIntyre and Kata Vilde trailing but not by much. They are both around 50-75 TPE behind from the class leader. That isn't so bad but then you go even farther into players like Alex Andani and Dayymo Ralchankinov who are even father behind. These players all around 150-200 TPE behind someone like Karlsson or Czerkawski and these guys all went in the first half of the first round. As you can see, the class is very top heavy and the draft class is already looking like it'll be one of the worst in history only 3 seasons in. A review of the class in 10 seasons would be very interesting...

[Image: 3.png]

My draft class is dying. There's only three of us left, and we're all playing into our old age.

However, we were arguably one of the best draft classes that this league has ever seen. The S25 draft class produced members like @Eggy216, our beloved Commish, @Allen, a king of Snoods, @BaelorSwift, one of the best goal scorers ever, and myself, because duh. This is my article. I've worked my way from being a late pick to leading scorer in points and goals (and hopefully soon assists) for the Texas Renegades franchise.

On top of that, a ton of members from the S25 draft have been or currently are GMs or co-GMs in this league.

We are a force to be reckoned with, and we will definitely go down as top 3 draft classes. It's hard to compete with some of the older (S2ish) classes, but we'll always be amazing and have left a mark here.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

My draft class was the s41 draft class. This draft class had the names of Flacko Lagerfield, Reginald MacIntyre, Kata Vilde, but most Importantly, Benjamin Blue. Even though only 25 players were drafted in that draft, I believe that my draft class will be remembered for the high quality goaltending that was drafted. There were so little players that they ran out of players in the second round! Over the past few seasons only a handful out of the amount of players that were drafted stayed active. But the ones who did have become huge powerhouses with tons of tpe. Some of the leaders, on the ice, of the draft class are some familiar names as Kata Vilde, Reginald MacIntyre, Flacko Lagerfield, Alex Adani, Daniel Danill, Benjamin Blue, etc. but only some of them are leaders off the ice too. One of my favorite is Benjamin Blue. Whenever you see him in the locker room he always manages to make you laugh or smile. He’s just a great all around guy! Very handsome too.

(175 words)

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Well with the Season 37 SHL class definitely going down in history as the worst ever there's really not a whole lot to say. We did have some stars though. With recreates like bojo and Leafs hanging around and 1st gen players like ontanis, myself, Keygan, Bzerkap, Er, and Logan we had a fun time in our rookie discord. As for a leader I think I've had the best career to date while Connor Tanner had the best juniors career. Just going by points since scoring is the best we've got: Jack Tanner 40-106--146; Hercules Rockefeller 62-80--142; Connor Tanner 19-106--125; Tor Tuck 18-84--102; Logan Jensen 41-47-88; and Sven Brokstad 15-49--64. So yeah basically I'm the best and everyone else is a bunch of scrubbos. Those stats don't even include my 48 point season this year which will stretch my lead by about 10 more points. So if I had to do a draft class power ranking it'd be something like:
1. Ontanis (rip)
2. Me (awesome)
3. Leafs
4. Er
5. Bzerkap
6. Logan
69. Bojo
Last. Keygan

The end.

Code:
198ish words

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 12:01 PM by Muford.)

One draft class that stands above the rest, hands down, is none other than the season 39 reddit draft of the SHL. Even if we only name a few players here, Bob Bergen, Tommy Tuck, Anders Christiansen, Yannick Berger, Viktor Marius. This draft class has been one of the most active and deepest ones in recent memory. The new comers to leagues in general, like @ml002 and @Nobody have been astonishing. They have added such poise and strength to this league with taking on positions as GMs and IIHF heads, that the season 39 draft has been outstanding. Even the players throughout (the ones that stayed active) are reaching the one thousand TPE mark now, or passing it, and continue to be a heartbeat in the league to help keep it active. The season 39 draft will go down as one of the best drafts the SHL has ever had. Mark my words.

(153 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Ruining SHL one PT at a time http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...entry42779

S43 has been an extremely deep draft class. It is lead by Leshaun King, who was drafted 1st overall by the San Francisco Pride. San Fran was lucky enough to have 3 top picks in this draft, the first obviously being Leshaun King and the other two being Goku Muerto and Luke Thomason. San Francisco's rebuild is probably the main storyline as far as SHL clubs go when relating to this draft. Tony Pepperoni's commitment to the league was questioned because of his uncle Tommy Salami's failure to live up to expectations. Tony said he was committed to his career in the SHL, but fell well below other prospects of his talent level. Tony was drafted 25th overall, but is now considered a top 10 prospect coming out of the S43 draft. Tony's teammate Gvidas Kazlauskas is another prospect who fell dramatically. Kazlauskas was drafted 43rd despite being another top 10-15 player skill wise in this draft. There is going to be a lot of time before this draft class's time is done, but when it is, it might go down as the greatest in SHL history.

[193 words]

PBE PT AndrewWarren13

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

NSFL PT

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

My draft class that I retired on was the best damn class that ever went through this dump. The class in reference is s40 SMHJL draft class.

It wasn't a deep class, with 29 players total, but it was a heavy hitting class, with every single person still active and leading the way.

Everyone that is expect for the washed up Troy McClure Jr. That little jerk can eat a can of spotted dick.

Anyway, elite doesn't justify the draft class by terms. They were super elite. We had 2 Savages in this class, Cash and DabCity. How many other classes can say that? I don't think many. In fact I'd say it's only one. This one. The best one.

And who can forget the best player from our class, the mix between a bag of dog shit and an old can of popcorn full of dog shit.

In closing, I think Mr. Shit should be allowed back.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

If there's anything that can be properly stated about the S39 draft class, is that it generated something more than just good players, but good humans and experiences that have pushed me to continue full steam ahead even when real life priorities have worked hard to pull me out of the league. Right from being drafted by the Raptors, you had guys like FlappyGiraffe who I immediately created a connection with. Beyond spawning an incredible player and generating a ton of content to impart life into a digital medium, Flappy always just had a friendly and positive demeanor about him that caused people to flock towards him, which makes it no surprise that he climbed the ladder to become an eventual SHL GM. I also have fond memories of my goalie duels with players like Cedric Moreau and Tommy Tuck, both of which pushed me in my early seasons to push every possible avenue of TPE generation just to simply keep up with their progress while my team as a whole started a moderate decline. And most recently for me, you have someone like Caltroit_Red_Flames who brought me into the fold of the Czechoslovakia roster and generated a spark of interest for me in the community as a whole that I felt was slowly slipping away. Overall, this draft class is directly responsible for keeping my interest in this league and I hope I continue to grow alongside these people and follow in their footsteps to find my own success.

Code:
253 words

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]