Create Account

Various Scout Musings
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2018, 03:42 PM by InciteHysteria.)

[Image: AYJIo2i.png]

Konstantin Voloshin
Colorado Connection?

Reports out of Colorado have linked the Raptors organization with Ukrainian Center Konstantin Voloshin as recently as one hour ago. Voloshin, the fast skating and high scoring center, is another of retired SHL Goaltender Timo Haas’ clients. The rumors began heating up when Voloshin and Haas were approached to visit Denver this past week with other high ranking skaters Alexander Selich, Leopold Lockhart, Cassius Darrow, and Gareth Rush.

Our insider was able to procure a bit of inside information from the Colorado Raptor scouts and their thoughts on each of the visiting players - with one of the scoutings raving about Voloshin’s shot and defensive awareness. Our insider went on to reiterate what scouts had to say, “...Selich and Lockhart might be considered the top two talents in the draft but it wouldn’t surprise me if Voloshin and Rush came out of this draft as the top two performers…we are very interested in what Voloshin could bring to the squad...”

------
Scouting Day One

------

Scout Comments - Alexander Selich @Tomen

“...one of the most mature offensive games we’ve seen enter the SMJHL in 10 years…”

“...superior intellect, huge frame, and someone who can beat you in so many ways, just an absolute unit…”

“...one of the dirtiest shots in the draft...”

------

Scout Comments - Leopold Lockhart @ej27

“...players usually enter the SMJHL with major weaknesses to work on, I don’t think I’ve seen a single one with Leopold Lockhart, this is the definition of a future franchise defender…”

“...not often do you have a defender that can so flawlessly gain entry into the offensive zone and deny entry to his opponent…”

“...I wouldn’t be surprised to see him with a double digit plus/minus in his rookie season…”

------

Scout Comments - Cassius Darrow @hhh81

“...one of the slickest names in the draft and that counts for something to the marketing team…”

“...cool and calm under pressure, hidden offensive game with amazing positioning for a 17 year old..”

“..,a lot of the top prospects in this draft are already proven quantities but Darrow has so much growing left to do, that’s not a bad thing, as his ability to be molded and grow under tutelage makes him a very valuable piece…”

------

Scout Comments - Gareth Rush @Rush

“...tenacious offensive player, often finds himself out of position defensively due to his tenacious offensive game, but holy shit can he score…”

“...probably the best faceoff centerman in the draft, most centers develop that later on, but I would feel confident with Rush taking a majority of my teams faceoffs on day one...”

“...while his top speed isn’t the same as some of the other scorers in this draft, he has good speed and is able to pull of some dirty dirty dangles…”

------

Scout Comments - Konstantin Voloshin @InciteHysteria

“...I think the difference between Voloshin and Selich is a lot smaller than most people think, the difference between the players will be physicality…”

“...holy fuck he sucks at faceoffs, but do you really need to be able to take faceoffs when you just pick someones pocket and stickhandle around four players and go bar down...”

“...wildcard, could end up one of the best scorers in the past 10 seasons or could flop like Timo Haas’ last project in Luuk Kraaijkamp…”

------

Scouting Day Two

------

Scout Comments - Donnie Dicks @Gooney

“...solid build across the board, not a big body but he puts himself in spots to excel, underrated shot and killer tenacity…”

“...one of the nicest kids I’ve ever had the privilege of meeting, he became fast friends with every other prospect on the visit, will be a true locker room boon...”

“...will develop into one of the best swiss army knife type players in the SMJHL, you can book him being a fan favorite in no time…”

------

Scout Comments - Dominic Montgomery @bilbo

“...like a lot of our young players coming through the door lately, Montgomery is solid in nearly every facet of the game and can develop in any path he chooses, valuable trait…”

“...great nose of the pass, will be an assists machine in the SMJHL and no chance that he won’t develop into a spectacular passer at the next level...”

“...I don’t think I’ve seen the kids eyes, sunglasses when he walked in, tinted visor on the ice, maybe he has an aversion to light or some kind of sensitivity, but it makes he looks cool as fuck…”

------

Scout Comments - Jakub Novak @Esso2264

“...this kid has the nastiest shot in the entire draft, we have some really talented offensive players entering this draft, but Novak is naturally gifted and will be lighting the lamp with ease from his first time on the ice…”

“...the only thing that can hold him back is his mediocre handles, but he’s going to score no matter what when someone finds him open, not many goalies can stop a shot like his...”

“...the most surprising thing about Novak is that he only started playing hockey three years ago and that’s amazing…”

------

Scout Comments - Sanyi Kocsis @daBenchwarmer

“...defensive stalward with some major attitude issues, he will hit and run a lot, but definitely knows where to play…”

“...at 17 he still looks like he’s 12, means he has some growing left to do, but we’re going to have to put up with that peach fuzz for a few years...”

“...his puckhandling is terrible, skating is definitely miles ahead of his puckhandling, but it’s not something that concerns us, he’s shown flashes of good stickhandling…”

STAY TUNED FOR SCOUT DAYS 3, AND 4!

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

Placeholder for More Scouting

<3

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

<3<3<3

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Updated with Day 2

wow, rude

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

I started laughing out loud at "...holy fuck he sucks at faceoffs." And then of course, "it makes him look cool as fuck."

@InciteHysteria I haven't told you yet, but I'm glad we're in the same draft class lmao

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

10-25-2018, 07:02 PMbilbo Wrote: I started laughing out loud at "...holy fuck he sucks at faceoffs." And then of course, "it makes him look cool as fuck."

@InciteHysteria I haven't told you yet, but I'm glad we're in the same draft class lmao

[Image: tenor.gif]

I, too, am glad we share a draft class!