Create Account

SHL- this weeks quick hits

double pay media.

SHL - this weeks quick hits. Today’s top stories are:

-Gareth Rush: man or myth

-SMJHL predictions

-SMJHL rookie expectations.

We start the night off with the SMJHL Predictions. A lot has been made of the entry draft and who came out better. It’s hard to say that any of the top 3 picks don’t make their teams better. Right now i would say the final standings will look like this:

1-Colorado: The pick up of Alexander Selich, Konstantin Voloshin, Cassius Darrow, Gareth Rush…..Wait cancel that one, Jakub Novak in the first 2 rounds alone. This team still has some serious skill and still boasts a solid back line.

2-St.louis : No picks in the first round, their first pick was Samuel Jalopski in the second round. This team his fresh off a finals loss to Vancouver and still looks primed for another run.

3- Montreal: Montreal traded their first and second round to be able to move up and acquire Andreas Kvalheim, after that the acquisition of sniper Hiro Fujikawa and Griffith Cadwalader add depth to this offense that already has some skill up front. Expect this team to challenge this season.

4-Detroit: Donnie Dicks was the first pick Detroit made with no picks in round 2. Detroit has been in the middle pack for a few seasons now but they are consistent and always have a shot.

5- Vancouver: last season’s Champions had no picks until the end of round 2 where they selected Andy Kerr. While Vancouver is still a team that can contend we feel that they will have a drop off this season as the teams around them get better.

6-Halifax: last season Halifax made a late season push but just fell out of the playoffs. Aquiring Dominic Montgomery and Desmond Carey in the first to rounds this team continues to build for the future. Given the late season push last year with the acquisitions this season, they should squeeze into the post season.

7-Kelowna: Finally Kelowna will be rebuilding. They still have pieces and you can never count this team out. However their only pick in the first two rounds was Sanyi Kocsis, How the rest of this team shapes out is yet to be determined but we feel they will miss out and continue the rebuild.

8-Anchorage: The Armada are in full rebuild mode. While we expect them to miss the playoffs this season they are picking up pieces to make themselves contenders sooner rather than later. The drafting of Leopold Lockhart, Mika Kayfield and Kenji Yoshimura are all solid pick ups and will help this team in the long run.

Next up is the SMJHL Rookie Expectations. We looked at the over all draft and this is how we feel the final points standings will go.

1- Alexander Selich - 1st overall and with reason. We expect him to have a monster season for Colorado. We predict 45 - 50 points for this rookie. Depending who he plays with on the roster.

2- Andreas Kvalheim - The 3rd Overall pick is very well balanced in all categories of skill. He will make a statement and help his team in making a run. We predict 40 - 45 points. A solid debut season.

3- Dominic Montgomery - 5 overall, he may be the centre piece of his team for seasons to come, that may begin now. We see him getting a solid 35 - 38 points and lead his team.

4- Hiro Fujikawa - The third round pick will make this list because he is simply put, a pure sniper. Depending where he is placed on the roster we expect some serious numbers in the goals department. We predict 20 goals, 30 points.

4 Tied - Leopold Lockhart - It’s hard to over look Leopold Lockhart. This offensive D man will be everything Anchorage is expecting and a huge catalyst for their offence. We predict 30 points for this Defensman.

Missing from the top 5 - Gareth Rush - Huge offensive upside but the early season suspension will hurt his number and ultimately effect his final number in the points race.

Next up is the main story of the day, Gareth Rush: MAN OR MYTH:

The man named Gareth Rush, the biggest deal pre draft. His name was everywhere, on everthing and being talked about on so many media outlets. The Proulx Agency hyped him so high everyone expected something amazing. However to date we have yet to see the man. After being drafted by Colorado reports began to surface of Gareth being upset about his selection being in the second round. After refusing to sign with Colorado and a public display of dislike going back and forth, he was traded to St.Louis. The fans lined up at the airport to see the man after hearing he had signed the contract with the Scarecrows but alas the plane never arrived. We have not seen a player of this brand since the legendary Mister Shit a few seasons ago.Reports then began surface of Gareth Rush breaking league rules and thus being suspended for 2 week from practicing or being with his team and haven't seen or heard from him since. We have not seen a player of this brand since the legendary Mister Shit a few seasons ago. He will miss 3 games due to the suspension and everyone is starting to wonder wether he is a man or a myth. Was all this hype worth it or is it all smoke and mirrors. Like Bigfoot, is this just a blurry image or a figment of our imagination. All this has to hurt St.Louis who gave up picks to get a player of said caliber. One has to wonder if St.Louis is regreting ( like Colorado) giving Gareth Rush the time of day. All that hype now amounts to wasted ideas, wasted time creating and producing all that hype. Only the GM's can answer whetehr they would do it again, we know we wouldn't. Time will tell but when it comes to Gareth Rush being MAN or MYTH, we say, MYTH.

This has been SHL - this weeks Quick hits.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

Vancouver had a #12 pick btw

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

@"luketd" good point, i was just making a quick article to get another one into double media week. my bad

Knights ||  Patriotes

Better be careful using Rush's player in your article. Would suck to get down repped for a such a quality piece of media

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

10-29-2018, 09:03 PMJearim Wrote: @"luketd"  good point, i was just making a quick article to get another one into double media week. my bad

youre right, I enjoyed the Rush side of it, who knows where he will be by the end of the season. 1st OA or last? who knows

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Ty for this. Will we be getting more weeks in review? This will help me greatly if so, but otherwise, good summary, especially the part where you were nice to Montgomery yay. Cheers

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

smh no mention of potential steal Nolan Sawchuk

[Image: Jepox.gif]

10-29-2018, 08:32 PMJearim Wrote: 1- Alexander Selich - 1st overall and with reason. We expect him to have a monster season for Colorado. We predict 45 - 50 points for this rookie. Depending who he plays with on the roster.
I know that this is mostly to emulate a normal Hockey article so you would normally expect a #1 overall pick to be great but sadly this is the SHL so I'll be really fucking happy if I will even have close to 25 points. Coz you know 50 points for a first line player are already great and I'll be like a middle 6 guy at best.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

@bilbo honestly I've thought of making this a thing. I hope I can keep it up.
@Tomen ya the numbers are a little exaggerated but still fun to throw that out there ( hence why I said depends on your line mates)

Knights ||  Patriotes

weow Gareth Rush stealing all the headlines

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Number 4 overall missing from the rookie expectations. Damn bro, doing me dirty @Jearim.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

@InciteHysteria sorry bro. Like I said, it was mostly for the $$$. I am thinking of continuing this and if I do it'll be better, I promise.

Knights ||  Patriotes