Create Account

S44 PT #1 - This Version of You

Going into the new season for SHL I've been working on rounding out my game just a bit more. I worked on my face-offs throughout the offseason and had a little practice during the IIHF run to gold by Ireland. Our second in a row. I believe face offs will help me in the long run even if I am still playing wing this season but I could move to center if need be. Speaking of playing wing I should be playing wing with a new center this season as Mike Izzy slots in to the top line role. Izzy is a big hitter and has had a few monstrous seasons in a row now so hopefully I can take the next step with him. While I'm entering my prime and have no more glaring weaknesses I hope to take that next step. My goal for the season is to finally hit that point per game mark and have a breakout season I should have had many seasons ago.

172 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

[Image: jj.png]

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2018, 01:02 AM by Obsidian311.)

After an abysmal S43 in Anchorage where several players quit on the team, Sean Stevenson Jr. will move up to the Pride this season as he looks to get his progression back on track. S43 was a tough one for me. Between seeing my hard work not produce consistent results to seeing Anchorage's GM completely give up on the season and then bail at the end of it really took a toll. Stevenson was near leaving the SHL for good and sailing off into the sunset via retirement when Leshaun King and the Pride GM came to him and wanted to talk about moving up this season and signing a long term extension to coincide with the rest of the S43 draft class. Now he looks to work 3rd pairing minutes this season for a very young pride team and look for him to set the record for worst +/- in SHL history after what we witnessed last year. Hopefully things don't go that bad and Sean can meet his goal of having a positive +/- and blocking 75 shots in his rookie season.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

Toivo Kosonen is on a new team, on the opposite side of the country. Kosonen has joined the Los Angeles Panthers for the SHL 44th season. Kosonen steps into a a team with a lot of talent. Kosonen is excited to play with the talented forwards that Los Angeles has under contract. Additionally, there are quite a few familiar faces in Los Angeles and Kosonen is glad to be reunited with lots of former teammates. Toivo Kosonen is at a stage in his career where he needs to produce big to have a good legacy once it's all said and done. Kosonen hopes to add another cup to the list of accomplishments and get to a point per game status, a feat that he has gotten close to a few times, but never quite 50 points in a season. Kosonen hopes for a big season that will earn him a huge contract in the next off-season.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

[Image: TFxHV16.png]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

My rookie season in the SMJHL was not what I wanted go into it. I didn't play great and faded into the background when it came to things like the draft, I found that disappointing but I don't blame anyone other than myself so now I'm back this season and ready to be a better version of myself. This season I'm going to have to work real hard in order to grow a lot as a person and prove that the Texas Renegades didn't make a mistake by drafting me this season. I don't know at all what role I'm going to be playing for the Colorado Raptors in the SMJHL this season, but I hope I get the chance to play some good minutes and earn some better personal stats. If that doesn't happen I'm going to work hard from whatever line the team wants to play me on. This season is about working hard for me and I am excited to be able to do that and prove the critics wrong.

PBE/NSFL Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

Benjamin Blue has a very big job this season, as a rookie, he has to try tocarry his team, the Seattle Riot, to a playoff spot. As their starting goalie, he’s holding a very big stick to lead the team. Sadly, with all the trades, the Riot aren’t looking like a reliable team to make the playoffs, but you never know, the goalie can change everything. Luckily for the Riot, Blue recently passed 500 humble tps, so he won’t be terrible, but it’s still not really that good. Because of this, Blue has a stronger motivation to get better and grow to become one of the most elite goaltenders in the game in the next few years. Coming up from the SMJHL, Blue is holding 2 seasons of playoff experience, and 2 Goalie of the Year trophies. With a total of 68 wins over 4 seasons. But, he is also carrying the record of the worst record by a goalie in SMJHL history, 8-32-4 (check here if you want). But a record is a record, right? He just hopes he also won’t have that record in the SHL too...

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Last season, I was in the SMJHL. Moreover, were I to ever be called up, this mediocre player would find himself buried on a depth chart being passed by far better players. Pretty straightforward if you ask me. So what has changed from this season to last? Well, for starters the Edmonton Blizzard traded me away to save their cap (smart) to the New England Wolfpack. I've gone from one snakebitten franchise to another, great. So now instead of being a last resort center for the most snakebitten team in the West, I am now a last resort center for the most snakebitten team in the East. The Whalers also lost their star faceoff liability, but we won a championship, so I guess that is good and makes it all worth it, although I think I only did stuff in games we lost, maybe the bad omen is not the teams but me, man that's weird.

This season Maui will be entering new territory as he makes his SHL debut with the Manhatten Rage. Getting to work with the big club over the off-season has allowed Maui to make some big strides forward in terms of progression. After leaving the revolving door of a franchise that was Colorado, Maui looks to find some stability which Manhatten GM, JayWhy, has appeared to create within the Rage organization. Entering his first SHL season, Maui is looking to hit the ground running, hoping to play important minutes, and help guide the Rage to some much needed playoff hockey. Projected to play big PK time, Maui will be relied on as a shutdown guy, tasked with playing the hard minutes against top players. He is aiming to be a league leaders in shot blocks and hits, playing a more physical game than he did in the SMJHL as he will not be relied on as heavily for offense.

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]

Season 44 means a new and improved Poopity Scoop. Last season, the SMJHL was just warming up to the big bruiser. While he finished among the league leaders in hits, his point production was low and he certainly struggled at times. However, he finished the season strong and entered the playoffs on a high note. And the proceeded to make serious noise and be a major contributor for the Falcons. He was the team's hit leader in the playoffs, which was all but expected. But he also was one of the team's leaders in points, displaying his ability to play a true two-way game despite his defensive and physical play being the hallmark of his playing style. This season, he will join Tig Murphy as the Falcons' two capped defensemen to start out the campaign and his role will almost certainly be increased. While he may not be on everyone's radar, expect Poopity Scoop to be one of the top defensemen in the SMJHL and be a huge part of a Detroit Four Star Cup run.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

This version of McLovin is a feeling of youth. After being in the SMJHL for the last 4 seasons, captaining the Anchorage Armada for the last 3 seasons. I am no longer the vet in the locker room that everyone looks to, now I am the rookie. I have a lot to prove but I like to think I'm ready to make the jump and provide something for the Minnesota Chiefs. I will definitely miss the top line minutes but I'm ready to take the jump to the big leagues and start to make a legacy for myself. I want the cup, and Minnesota is a team that can win it any year. So I feel young again. I feel new. It's a breathe of fresh air.

I was never not young in terms of this league. But with the leadership role I played in Juniors and going from being Gold Medal winner for USA in the World Juniors, I'm now in a whole different pool of players. It's time to make new friends, rivals, and mentors.

[Image: tumblr_msqiv2SUIk1rey868o1_500.gif]

FalconsChiefsUsa

Coming after an almost perfect playoff adventure in S43, winning the playoffs MVP while posting some crazy numbers as a goalie I expect Beaujeaux to fall of the side of the earth in S44. It's pretty obvious that you need to store a bunch of energy one season to really have a chance the next. In s40 Biscuit was pretty lukewarm at best. Then a cup win in s41 with a McBride nom. (Side note, probably should have won that, but then insult to injury I didn't even make all star team.) Then s42 I played well enough to get a nom, but I wasn't anything too spectacular. It was an ok season with a first round exit. But then I bounced back this season... eventually. Season was meh, but I waited and waited until I was need. I had so much energy I even won a gold in Ireland as starter.

So long story short: *fart noises*

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Every season the game is getting more and more difficult to bare for Buffalo Stampede assistant captain defenseman Charles Walker. Regression is taking a toll for Charles Walker, but he is a trooper. He continues to fight it and normally gets back to full strength around mid-season. This offseason he lost a good amount of endurance. Even though he lost some endurance he is still expected to perform at the same level as he has been these last couple seasons. 23+ minutes a game is not easy, but I do not think this endurance set back will hurt Charles Walker too much because he is still a powerhouse on defense as well as a scoring machine. The other stat that Charles Walker lost a little of was Strength. This is not something that any one on Buffalo is too worried about because the Buffalo Stampede has plenty of guys who can take over in the hits department.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

S44 will be Ben Dover's 15th season after getting drafted into the SHL and he has been a top two way defender during his time in the SHL always good for 40 points but this season he is slowing down as the 15% regression hurt him good and now he may be suffering what all players will eventually suffer if we they want to which is regression. Dover is the 3rd best defender on the team in terms of tpe and will take a lesser role on the team and will for the foreseeable future but He is alright with it. He is going to turn his game into a more offensive role for regression so he could collect more points in the future so he could be considered one of the highest scoring defenders that the league has ever seen. He has been consistent offensively during his career with almost 40 points in the last 8 seasons every season.