Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Halftime

Code:
2. Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad)
The Rage are probably the biggest surprise on the positive side of the standings. With them coming out of a rebuild and already pushing for a playoff spot at this point in the season, it's pretty impressive. That being said I'm not sure they will be able to keep up with the big dogs in the east.

On the not so positive side, Buffalo does not look like the team that many predicted them to be. I remember people debating them as a 1st in the east option when doing predictions, but here we are and they aren't even in a playoff spot. What the heck happened?

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

:( No matter the lineup adjustments, it seems like the Stampede just can't catch a break. This isn't the first season either. It's almost as if the simulation hates the Stampede. They have been a disappointment for sure, but the quality of the team is there, it's just the luck of the draw this season.

11-16-2018, 02:05 PMkarey Wrote: :( No matter the lineup adjustments, it seems like the Stampede just can't catch a break. This isn't the first season either. It's almost as if the simulation hates the Stampede. They have been a disappointment for sure, but the quality of the team is there, it's just the luck of the draw this season.

Oh you'll have the luck of the draw. But it'll be the draft draw once again.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

I'd say that the Toronto North Stars are the biggest surprise in the standings so far. It's not inconceivable that the North Stars could have the most points out of all teams while scoring the least goals. Of course, this is accomplished by their incredibly low goals against. We'll have to see if this pace is sustainable.

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

Yes a bias, however I think James Dekens will be considered for the Richan. With only 1 power play point and playing second line minutes, Dekens played at a PPG pace until just before the halfway mark. Dekens hit a cold streak and has lost his PPG status pretty extensively but is due to hit a hot streak to end the season. This could see him demolish his Jesster season last year of 30 points which could definitely be considered a breakout. Only time will tell.

[Image: dEKENS.png]

3 time Four Star Cup Champion S40-S42
S43 Jesster Trophy Nominee Winner

Scored my first SHL goal in just my second SHL game. 2. Manhattan Rage , James Dekens 1 (Mikael Talo 1, Sigurd Hansen 1) at 18:39

Maybe not the hottest of takes, but I think Mike Izzy will run away with the scoring race in the second half, putting significant distance between the other current contenders, Tigole Bitties (NEW) and Oisin Fletcher (EDM). Although he is just a point back of the lead currently, what really leapt off the page for me, was the amount of shots Izzy has taken and his corresponding shooting percentage. Shooting at 6% and 5% rate lower than Tigole Bitties (NEW) and Oisin Fletcher (EDM), respectively. I expect to see Izzy's percentage to climb in the second half, while maintaining the same high-rate of shot. This will inevitably lead to an increase in goals for Izzy, so get used to seeing his name on the score sheet--even more--come the second half of this season.

1. Who would you select for any of the Awards below?
http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...index.html
- Ron Mexico Award (League MVP) Sophia Bennet: Bringing LAP to the top of the league
- John McBride Award (Best goalie): Micheal McFadden: Toronto is doing really good, and McFadden is one the reasons why with a strong start in net
- Scott Stevens Award (Top D): Tor Tuck: Also another breakout star on a really stacked defensive core in Edmonton.
- Ryan Jesster Award (Top Rookie) LeShaun King: one of the top rookies this season, I think he will get the Jesster Award
- Lance Uppercut Award (Best GM) Wasty, bringing LA to the top of the division and overall, he had made the team good constantly
- Joe McKeil Award (Best coach): A toss up right now
- Jeff Dar Award (Top 2way forward) Jack Tanner: racking up a ton of points and a lot of hits and shots blocked
- Damien Littleton Award (Most Dedicated): DrunkenTeddy: Without him, the site would be shit
- Aiden Richan Award (Breakout Star) - Brady McIntyre: easily the most breakout star, as he is one of the best players in the league right now, on the second line

http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...nding.html
Buffalo has been bad this season, from being an up and coming team, for ones being in the bottom of the league, they are struggling a lot.

3. What player on the Individual leaderboard is most surprising?
http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...aders.html

4. What is your strongest 2nd half Prediction/Hot take?
Winnipeg will get back on top, and finish the other half of the season strong. They are a really good team, and shouldnt be doing so bad as they are, so it will just be a matter of time until they get back to where they are suppose to be.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

As someone how has not been active as of late can I just say that I am SHOOK that Buffalo is performing so poorly? I mean I'm probably a few seasons behind, but they were really on the upswing and I expected them to be dangerous, especially with Selich returning

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Rage, no doubt. Just look back a couple of weeks and see all the memes in some of the PTs, some coming from players from teams below the rage right now in standings. Great run so far for sure.

The San Francisco Pride go unbeaten in the second half securing the first place seed in the West sending shockwaves through the Simulation Hockey League and cries for a new simulation engine and suddenly nobody wants to expand again in fear of simon T's wrath.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

I think we are a surprise team for most people. Nearly every single person had us missing the playoffs this season (some even in 7th lmao) and I know there's a long way still to go but I am hopeful we're going to maintain pace. Dangles has been an unbelievable addition to our team and has really helped bring out the best from our roster.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 05:52 PM by Lazyeye.)

Hot take:

The pride will reclaim the tank commander position and finish last place. The team will win 1, maybe 2, games in the last half of the season with Ray Bork leading the them in points

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

The Ryan Jester Award seems easy enough to hand out so far. S43 1st overall draft pick Leshaun King of the Pride has been amazing in his first season in the SHL. He currently has a 3 point lead on the next closest rookie and is showing why he was taken above everyone else in his class.

Code:

Hot take you ask? My hottest take of the hot takes is that Buffalo doesn't make the playoffs. The team is cursed with the same curse Edmonton had last season. Now it doesn't seem like a really hot take since we're out of the playoffs already, but considering we've been a top team these past 3 seasons is surprising for us to be in this position.

[Image: 3.png]

For Aidan Richan, I would have to give my vote to my boy Teddy Cuddles. I know he already won it, but ever since his build change his whole attitude has changed and he really has excelled on a powerhouse Blizzard team. I'm looking for career highs in pts this season from him, and hopefully he can raise some eyebrows when it comes to trophy consideration

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]