Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Halftime

Question 2:

The Toronto North Stars are having an insane season that has surprised many, having the most points in the league, and I think it will stay that way through the whole season as well.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

11-16-2018, 06:58 AMToeDragon84 Wrote: Vijanupatan Singh should win pretty much all the awards, especially the Stevens, McBride and Littleton. It's not a surprise that he's doing so well, may be hard to win the Richan cause he was good last year, but he should get that also.

gotta agree

In all seriousness, I don't like that the Richan is basically a most improved player award for youngsters. I feel like I should've gotten love there last year and I don't think anybody expected me to be in the spot this year. I know I'm not going to get even a nom for Richan, but it would definitely be nice.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

I feel like DrunkenTeddy has more than qualified for the Littleton award simply due to all the work he has put into the site changes. It looks like it's a job that isn't going to cease exist either. Thanks for your hard work, DT.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Second half hot take is that McLovin finally finds his stride and runs away with the Rookie of the Year award, it's written in the starts

[Image: tumblr_msqiv2SUIk1rey868o1_500.gif]

FalconsChiefsUsa

Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad
The Stampede. I always thought Buffalo would be contenders every year like Hamilton but I guess they are getting the shitty end of things with STHS.

1. Who would you select for any of the Awards below?
http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...index.html

- Lance Uppercut Award (Best GM)

The best GM in the league has to be Wasty and don't even @ me. But honestly one of the longest tenured GMs and just a great person.

[Image: vikian.gif]

Honestly, the biggest surprise for me has been Toronto. Not that they are currently leading the division, but by how much they are leading. Toronto is kicking ass so far.

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad)
It might look like a homer pick but I have to go with my own team the Toronto North Stars for the good surprise team. I had us finishing in 5th this season and we're currently in first place. On paper I don't think we should be doing so good. Some people might say it's a one season fluke but hey we will gladly take those results after years of suffering

2. Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad)

Buffalo has been a huge surprise this season for all the wrong reasons. They've taken a step back as a team in S44, and their goaltending has not been living up to previous hype. They're not down and out just yet, but they could really use something to give the team a boost. They just got through a long losing streak, and now might be the time to see them make an addition at the trade deadline to spark a long winning streak.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

4. What is your strongest 2nd half Prediction/Hot take?

The Manhattan rage have put together an impressive season so far, recently sliding out of a playoff spot. However, with their current roster and playstyle, I believe the Rage will manage to play a strong second half, and make the playoff, and the surprise everyone by winning the first round series.

Aiden Richan Award

I would give this too Vijanupatan Singh. Singh is really playing hard this season, and when compared to previous seasons not many would have seen this coming.
Singh is currently tied for first in scoring, but is the only person in the TOP 20 playing less then 20 minutes per game, with many playing upwards of 24+ minutes.

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

11-18-2018, 05:46 PMGrapehead Wrote: 2. Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad)

Buffalo has been a huge surprise this season for all the wrong reasons. They've taken a step back as a team in S44, and their goaltending has not been living up to previous hype. They're not down and out just yet, but they could really use something to give the team a boost. They just got through a long losing streak, and now might be the time to see them make an addition at the trade deadline to spark a long winning streak.

I would agree with that. I'm not a fan of the Stampede but I would've expected them to do well and I also would've expected FourFour to return to have a strong campaign, maybe even reminiscent of his S42 performance. There is still time for them to fix things though so don't count them out.

Sulak O'Hritea will see a breakout in hits, and break past the 100 hit total as a rookie. In addition, he'll pick up a short handed goal and break double digits in shots blocked.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Leshaun King has to be running away with the Ryan Jesster. Stats aside, this guy is a born leader. I got to share a locker room with him to open the season and the guy really cares. It's not a farce. His intolerance or failure will take him far. His skill is a bonus. He pisses excellence.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

1. Who would you select for any of the Awards below?

Ron Mexico Award (League MVP)
The Ron Mexico award right now would be a toss-up between Oisin Fletcher and Tigole BItties. Both players are doing great and Bitties has a slight edge with 33 points. However, I would give Oisin some credit with some huge games which include three hat tricks and five game winning goals, Fletcher gets the nod. I would give an honorable mention to Mike Izzy, a player to keep your eye on. @Evok

John McBride Award (Best goalie)
The Best Goalie at this point in the season has got to be Michael McFadden. McFadden is leading all goalies in just about every category which includes save percentage, goals against average, shutouts, and wins. McFadden is the midseason winner of this one.

Scott Stevens Award (Top D)
Oh man! This is a close one. I am going to give the nod to Tor Tuck, myself, and I will tell you why. My fellow Norwegian Isak Odegard is putting up a heck of the season but he is playing a huge amount of minutes and is matched with Tor Tuck at 32 points.Tor Tuck has the second most assists in the league AND the 9th best shot percentage he is being efficient and a team player. Tor Tuck is also 10th in points per minute, second in the league with 3 game tying goals, and like a true defensive men he has delivered a beat down this season by winning a fight. Honorable mentions to Brady McIntyre and Alexis Metzler who are both having great seasons.

Ryan Jesster Award (Top Rookie)
This one is another toss-up between Jax Aittokallio of the Manhattan Rage who is nearly leading the team with 25 points in 19.40 minutes per game. The other contender is Leshaun King who is also sitting at 26 points in 21.06 minutes played. I give the nod here to Jax who has a worse supporting cast and edges out king in efficiency by having a 3% better shot percentage.

Lance Uppercut Award (Best GM)
I am going to give this one to @Nobody and @ml002 of the Toronto North Stars. These guys made a strong push last season to make the playoffs. It did not look like they had the most talent in the league but they are currently sitting as the best team in the east, but also have the most points in the entire league. They have made their team shine to be better than its talent level and look like real contenders. I would give an honorable mention to the Texas Renegades GMs.

Damien Littleton Award (Most Dedicated)
I am going to recommend @TheDangaZone for this one. TDZ seems to be involved with helping run nearly every part of the site. Whenever I go and get involved in something new TDZ is already there. I don’t know how he is so involved but his role in the league is one of great value. I would give an honorable mention to Mike Izzy on this one for his passion in every role including IIHF and revamping the PT team.

Aiden Richan Award (Breakout Star)
This one is going to go to Brady McIntyre of the Edmonton Blizzard. I knew Brady was going to rise and be a star, but I do not think many of the other people around the league anticipating this kind of season from Brady. He is in the conversation for the best defender in the league and currently leagues ALL players in assists. The ultimate team player. @caltroit_red_flames

2. Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad)
http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...nding.html
I think there are two big surprises, the Winnipeg Jets are out and the Texas Renegades are in. The Jets are on the outside looking in in a TOUGH conference out West and the Renegades are sitting just ahead of the Jets and tied with Calgary for a current playoff spot. Nobody expected the Jets to fall apart after making the finals last season and be outside the playoffs midseason.
3. What player on the Individual leader board is most surprising?

http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...aders.html
I think Brady McIntyre leading in assists is the most surprising individual leader. Brady is a defender and was not on the radar of most people last season and now he is showing himself to be the ultimate assist master setting up his teammates and team for success.

My big prediction is that the Minnesota Chiefs DO NOT make the playoffs despite being in the easier conference. I think the Manhattan Rage are going to surpass them and secure a spot to the playoffs despite having a younger, less experienced, and frankly less talented team at the moment.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]