Create Account

Fletcher to hit FA this offseason?

Rumors has it that there is tension between the Edmonton Blizzard management and winger-turned-center Oisin Fletcher. Twice in the past month, Fletcher did not show up to training or failed to report to team meetings. While Fletcher claims the absenteeism is not related to what seems to be bothering him in the past weeks, it raises questions about the player’s dedication to the team. Would it be a way for him to leverage something out of the management? A lack of motivation to play for the Edmonton Blizzard? When asked about it, Fletcher said it was for personal reasons.

“I never intended to miss those trainings or meetings. I am so close to reach the peak of my performance that I would not risk to jeopardise it for any reasons. What happened was unfortunate and I do not see them happening again. It was out of my control,” said the veteran of seven seasons in the SHL.

Fletcher is currently in the last year of his contract with the Edmonton Blizzard, but contract negotiation seems to be on the ice. We know for a fact he was approached about an extension, but a source mention that Fletcher refused to enter contract talk before the end of the season. With the expansion looming on the Simulation Hockey League for the next season, every teams are trying to figure out who to protect and who to expose to the two new teams that will join. Both of them will most likely be looking for a center in its prime if Fletcher end up exposed. Despite the contract talk freeze, the management confirmed that they intend to protect the forward. When probed about the reason Fletcher does not want to discuss contract, displeasure could be read on his face.

“I don’t want that kind of noise in my life right now. I have to focus on my season and it is currently not going well. The first line is not clicking at all and no matter what we do, we cannot seems to fix our issues. We let in way too many goals and do not produce enough. My own performance frustrate me to no end. I know it is also getting under Piotr’s [Czerkawski] skin as well. I know him for five years now and he is a close friend of mine. Despite him not being very vocal about it, I know he is frustrated about not even cracking 15 points so far this season despite putting so much work on the ice. The first line should be scoring more. The coaches seems to be afraid to make any chance to our line up since the team overall is winning, but it is disappointing they do not want to address a flagrant problem. They say that is how you win cup; well, I will wait to see if we win it before talking contract negotiation. If we don’t, I don’t know what will happen. For now, i'll focus on doing my job while they do theirs”

Fletcher currently sit 5th in point for the Edmonton Blizzard, with 16 goals and 14 assists. He average 24 minutes a night as the first line center. Piotr Czerkawski is currently 14th on the team, with seven goals and five assists for 12 points. The first line left wing is averaging sixteen minutes a night and is not playing on either the power play or the penalty kill unit. The Edmonton Blizzard currently sit on top of the league standing with a record of 29 – 5 – 3. They have a 12 points lead over the runner up, the Texas Renegates.

604 words

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

[Image: 1475707292510s.jpg]

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Seems legit

[Image: insayne.gif]

:admirals:

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Cotinues not being vocal about it

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

:WhoeverDraftsMe:

Zach Evans | Player Page | Update Page