Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S46)

Code:
Code:
- After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

Against. 

Manhattan is a good team now, and looking like they'll get better the next years too. My argument for the against is simply because of the phrase "favourite". Manhattan very well could win it all, but I don't think that makes them a favorite by default. Most playoff predictions will likely still favour Toronto or Buffalo out of the East, without even considering the strong Western teams that coul also contend for a "Challenge Cup favourites" tag.

[Image: N8JhTE5.png]

- Calgary capturing a playoff spot on the final day over Texas is a complete shock.

AGAINST

Calling it a complete shock is an overstatement. I would say it was more luck. They are only in because they won the tie-breaker over TEX, with 4 teams all within 1 point of those last 2 playoff spots, it's not like CGY went on some magical run. Sure they won their last 2 games to make it, but they needed help from SFP on the last day as well. If TEX had managed even a single point it would be a different story. Basically, CGY gets in because they had more OT/SO Losses. That's like winning a coin flip, really.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Code:
- Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

Against

Their line stacking and using forwards without paying the penalty for position changes actually BOTHERS me. What the f is Watson doing playing defense on the PK when he doesn't even have defense as a strength. I would take a more balanced line of Jesus-Visser-Bearss any day of the week.

Minnesota's PP20

Winnipeg's PP20

Quote:General Fight at 11:25 of 1st period
Eddie Andrezjeck and Jason Visser fight to a draw at 11:25 of 1st period
Conklin Owen and Crossfit Jesus fight to a draw at 11:25 of 1st period
Vasily Horvat and Corey Bearss fight to a draw at 11:25 of 1st period

I'd like to see Minnesota's top line actually stick up for each other, bunch of endurance abusing soft as toilet paper suckers.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 07:37 PM by bk1689.)

1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

FOR

New Orleans came out of the expansion draft like a bat out of hell. Joe and TDZ clearly had a plan in mind when they got their team and that plan worked amazingly for them so far. They not only look like the team to beat in their own division, but are a top team in the league that every team should be worried about meeting up with in the playoffs.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

- Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

For, this trio goes together better than rice, nori, and raw fish do in a sushi roll. Watson and Nova both finished top 5 in points in a season ever! If you disagree you're just a plain saltine with extra salt since they probably put up a 5 point game on you. I had the honor of playing a part in this historic season, as Nova scored a hat trick in my first ever SHL start. This team will go down as the SHL equivalent of the West Coast Express. They the bomb dot com baby

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

- Tampa Bay Barracuda will become the first franchise to move past the 4 vs 5 game by defeating Hamilton.

Against.

Although the matchup between these two teams will be a spectacle to behold, I believe Hamilton has a firm advantage. No offense to the Barracuda, I just believe that they're being carried by goaltending and won't have the depth scoring to match the Steelhawks' depth.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 07:05 PM by Daco.)

03-21-2019, 05:49 PMBoomcheck Wrote:
Code:

Against

Their line stacking and using forwards without paying the penalty for position changes actually BOTHERS me. What the f is Watson doing playing defense on the PK when he doesn't even have defense as a strength. I would take a more balanced line of Jesus-Visser-Bearss any day of the week.

Minnesota's PP20

Winnipeg's PP20

Quote:General Fight at 11:25 of 1st period
Eddie Andrezjeck and Jason Visser fight to a draw at 11:25 of 1st period
Conklin Owen and Crossfit Jesus fight to a draw at 11:25 of 1st period
Vasily Horvat and Corey Bearss fight to a draw at 11:25 of 1st period

I'd like to see Minnesota's top line actually stick up for each other, bunch of endurance abusing soft as toilet paper suckers.

BS, see my last post you are just a salty wahhh hater oh no someone beat yo ass? Better go cry about it that'll help

You don't think if Malkin Crosby and Kessel could play that many minutes they wouldn't? The ability to produce so efficiently with not getting tired and still being peak superstar is an accomplishment in itself. Why don't other teams just whip out a historic season if it's that easy? Don't talk about things you know nothing about lol

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 02:03 PM by Kalakar.)

Quote:Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

For. In my limited SHL experience, they make the best line in recent memory. The fact that all 3 players produce insane amount of points is astonishing. 220 points between the 3 of them at the end of the regular season is incredible.

Quote:The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

Against. An incredible turn around for the Buffalo Stampede for sure, but I don't believe they will make it all the way to champions. If they make it to the finals, I think the Specters would be the team to stop them before the final prize.

Quote:After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

For. While they might not win it all, Manhattan definitely came back strong this season after numerous underwhelming performances the last few seasons. They will be a strong team to defeat in the East.

Quote:West Kendall Platoon missing the playoffs marks the end of a great run of prosperity.

For. 2 time Challenge Cup champions in the last 5 seasons, it really is an end of an era for the West Kendall Platoon. Hopefully their prospects pan out and they can bring back the glory days in the near future.

Quote:Calgary capturing a playoff spot on the final day over Texas is a complete shock.

For. While Calgary is a storied franchise, I did believe Texas would come out ahead of them in the final games of the regular season. They have great players in their prime and one of the best goaltender in the SHL, so for the Dragons to clinch a playoff spot in the final moments is surprising to me.

Quote:1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

For. To come out of the expansion draft with several high profile picks and great free agents to make the New Orleans into a powerhouse straight from their first season is incredible. They are for sure the team to beat.

Quote:Tampa Bay Barracuda will become the first franchise to move past the 4 vs 5 game by defeating Hamilton.

Against. I was surprised to see that Tampa Bay made the cut this season, but again, they did surprised most people during the regular season. I don't believe their luck will continue during the playoffs, as they have close to no depth and they will face stronger opponents this time around.

Quote:The Better Conference is now.. the Eastern Conference

For. The Eastern Conference teams have definitely turned it around this season. Buffalo, Manhattan and Toronto are looking stronger than ever, while Hamilton and Tampa Bay have added talented rookies on their rosters to beef up in the next few seasons.

Quote:Kelowna Knights Nickolas Klaus, Nolan Sawchuk and Bobby Sharp make up the best line in the SMJHL

Against. The Kelowna trio might have looked incredible last season, but that is what they are, in the past. The new guys around the block that are now famous are Cannellini, Mikulak and young rookie Gray. Cannellini being the single player above PPG is amazing in itself but his linemates have been just as good this season.

Quote:Scoring in the juniors is way down this year due to all the top level talent leaving to the SHL this season

Against. I think the fact that a record number of goalies were drafted 2 seasons ago and excelled during their first season and off season has helped keep the scoring low. Most teams now have a capped starting goalie which has mitigated the chances of the top players to score goals.

Quote:This is the 1st year since S40 that Halifax isn't in the bottom 2 of the standings, The franchise has officially turned the corner.

Against. I mean let's face it. With already 10 players at the top of their potential, Halifax still sits 7th in the league. They will quickly fall back to the bottom of the pit once all their top players graduate to the SHL.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Code:
Code:

For

This line had a historic season and in my mind is the greatest line in the SHL. 2 Extremely gifted offensive players paired with the gritty Dick Skillstedt turned out to be a perfect storm and propelled all of their productions to reach career highs. 2 of them hit the top 5 list for points in a single season. with one of them barely being left out of that list.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Code:
- Tampa Bay Barracuda will become the first franchise to move past the 4 vs 5 game by defeating Hamilton.

Against. 

Tampa's season stats put them as one of the weakest teams in the playoff field. Tampa Bay was 11th in goals for per game (2.94), 6th in goals against (3.00), and 10th in Goals For/Against (98%). Only Calgary had a lower GF/A among playoff teams. Their PP+PK was also the third worst, tanked by a league worst 13.24% powerplay conversion, and their Shots For/Against were ranked 15th (83.46%), with only Winnipeg less able to produce. While they are buoyed by strong goaltending and a very productive season from Flacko Lagerfield, the sun will soon set on the heartwarming Barracuda story in S46 due to a lack of offensive depth.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

- Calgary capturing a playoff spot on the final day over Texas is a complete shock

For- Wow, Calgary did it. Making the playoffs on the final day is a huge surprise. Now pf course I have no idea who made the playoffs, or how many spots are available. Is be just as suprised if Texas made the playoffs. .

[Image: 1542603263658.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 09:05 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

NOTE: I have just added SMJHL topics to the OP for our members currently playing in the juniors..

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

- After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

For; The Manhattan Rage are back in the playoff with thirst in their mouth. With more than 5 players with 30 points and more, they proved that they can be competitive again. They have the tools to make a good run in the playoff and be considered as one of the contender for the cup. And furthermore, they proved that they can compete against the others contender for the cup and beat them, and I do not see why they could not beat them again in the playoff.

[Image: Deouvwc.png]

FOR: The Buffalo Stampede had an amazing S38 draft, arguably one of the best drafts any team has had. Makela, Lavelle, Hamilton, Bayley...and none of them were even their first pick. Now that that generation is in their prime, not only are they legit to win it all this year...they will be a top team for many years.

FOR

Whatever people want to say about the usage of Minny's top line, it clearly works for them. The scoring pace of a single line's players all doing what these three have done this season is unprecedented, and P20 is a trash stat. You still have to actually get the points, which is not going to happen for sure, and if you could get the minutes, not all lines would function as consistently as this trio has throughout the whole season to hit their point totals.