Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S46)
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019, 02:13 PM by jRuutu.)

1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

Against, the Coldplay of SHL. You see the roster and you watch them play, the feeling you get is: why I do this to myself? I´m sure they are good people off the ice, but I think it´s clear that some of the players are there just to collect a paycheck, so skilled in the past, now - only a shadow of that.

Then there are guys who are happy to just play in SHL, beats sitting in the press box of a good team or playing in the juniors, but enthusiasm and want to win gets you only so far, at some point the skill factor comes into play and for New Orleans it´s first game in series 1, if they lose that game and you are a hotel owner somewhere around the world where it´s hot, get ready - phone is going to start ringing soon.

I´m not saying they are a bad team, but they are a bad team.

- After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

For.
I am extremly biased. Yes I want my team to win, who doesnt? In my eyes, that means we are the favorites. Unpopular opinion - geck is a good co- gm

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

03-23-2019, 01:33 PMSlashACM Wrote:
03-23-2019, 01:30 PMcpetrella Wrote: - 1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs
Disagree. I think this is false because Aleister Cain is a sieve and everyone knows it. He has a track record of choking in the playoffs and I don’t see why this season will be any different. Teddy Cuddles will score a hat trick on him every game @SlashACM

name one time i choked. I'll wait

Boi you got pulled in your own PbP in S44

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

03-23-2019, 02:18 PMcpetrella Wrote:
03-23-2019, 01:33 PMSlashACM Wrote: name one time i choked. I'll wait

Boi you got pulled in your own PbP in S44

I won a four star cup in s44

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

A
03-23-2019, 09:30 AMztevans Wrote:
03-22-2019, 07:47 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

This is utter BS.

One can argue that the Winnipeg Jets in their prime had far better lines than this one. Visser - Evans - Volkova is far better and could beat this line to a pulp (not to mention Lombardi couldn’t do SHIT with Minnesota)

BS! On a technicality.

Evans-Visser-Volkova was never a line.  Before Volks signed in Winnipeg, I was firmly entrenched as 2C after moving from wing to center.

With that said, this question is pretty subjective and Blues makes a good point in that regard.  While the numbers put together by this Minnesota line *this season* are probably unmatched, in terms of talent I would have taken Visser-Bearss-Volkova out of my Winnipeg years.  Hell, even I was once on a line with three league MVPs alongside Kane and Luke Fleming, and that wasn't even the top line in Winnipeg at the time because of Visser-Bearss-Volks.

You also have to consider lines like Edmonton's Theo Kane-Pedro Sarantez-Ivan Koroviev in S33, IMO, and I'm sure I'm missing some others.  

Agreed.
I thought I missed out a line like Kane, Sarantez, and Koroviev, and I’d argue that that Visser-Bears (who I drew with in my only SHL fight)-Volkova is a top-3 of all time line as well. Also, thanks for pointing out that that line, in fact, did not exist. Those Winnipeg teams were so talented that I forgot who played on what line.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

03-23-2019, 01:30 PMcpetrella Wrote: - 1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs
Disagree. I think this is false because Aleister Cain is a sieve and everyone knows it. He has a track record of choking in the playoffs and I don’t see why this season will be any different. Teddy Cuddles will score a hat trick on him every game @SlashACM

agreed
it’s a well-known fact that Cain has legs made of Swiss cheese. Even a scrub like Cleo Green could put 5 past the Specters goalie. Edmonton will romp on the Specters due to Cain’s choking abilities.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

- West Kendall Platoon missing the playoffs marks the end of a great run of prosperity.

This statement is false as I think this is an anomaly. I expect them to bounce back next season with the great players they have. The younger players will develop and slowly take the palce of established veterans such as Alex Light and Bojo. Now, if only bojo would be #betterthanbojo than they could win the cup every year!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Quote:West Kendall Platoon missing the playoffs marks the end of a great run of prosperity.

For.

Mainly to be contrarian and add an unpopular opinion to all the people on WKP who are against this, but also because i think there is some merit to the claim. West Kendall still has a well built roster with some nice young players but they are trending downwards, with some of their best players retiring soon. Also, a couple of their prime-age players have fallen short of hitting the expectations that people have had for their careers and the teams top young players are still a few seasons away from making an impact - which is exactly the time were the current "prime" players will be starting to fall off even more. But then again, I might as well be wrong because I have been predicting the same thing for seasons now and it hasn't happened so far, so maybe they still have more left in the tank...

Kelowna Knights Nickolas Klaus, Nolan Sawchuk and Bobby Sharp make up the best line in the SMJHL

FOR

Last season both Klaus and Sawchuk led the league in points with 69 (nice) and 62 respectively. Bobby Sharp this season is 8th in points. These guys are the first line for Kelowna who just finished first in the league so logically they are the best line? Math checks out. Also obligated to say that Klaus going undrafted is one of the greatest mistakes in SMJHL history.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019, 05:47 PM by Moosecop.)

This is the 1st year since S40 that Halifax isnt in the bottom 2 of the standings, The franchise has officialy turned the corner.

I believe this franchise is headed towards some successful seasons ahead, not just this one. Management for this team has been stellar in keeping their players engaged in both the locker room, the league, and their players. Don't expect to see this team not making the playoffs any time soon.

- 1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

FOR

Yes I believe that the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Conference. They really have unparalleled star power and with how close the Western Conference was this season I think that star power will shine under pressure.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Quote:The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

For

It may just be a homer opinion, but the team is close knit and is strong in every area you'd expect a championship caliber team to be in. They've drafted well and have a ton of top talent in the pipeline to not only challenge this season but for seasons to come. Their window is starting to open now and they're well positioned to take advantage early.

Code:
[size=small][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Tampa Bay Barracuda will become the first franchise to move past the 4 vs 5 game by defeating Hamilton.
Against 

I ran multiple test sims of the playoffs and the Barracuda lost 18 of 20 sims. Tampa even making the playoffs is either a miraculous GMing feat or a stroke of sim luck; West Kendall Platoon has a much more contender worthy roster. Tampa only has one player over a thousand TPE in their GM Flacko Lagerfield, as well as lacking depth and young elite players. Meanwhile, Hamilton as great up-and-coming players such and Dank Boija and Tig Murphy to round out the ranks, as well as five 1000+ players, including star Robert Phelps and an elite netminder.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

- Calgary capturing a playoff spot on the final day over Texas is a complete shock.

Against, I don't think it was a shock especially on the final day, the last playoff spots were anyone's to take between SFP EDM CGY and TEX and despite losing some good players recently CGY still has a good roster and the playoff race in the West is usually close. I think Texas underperforming was a bit of a surprise but that had been going on all season especially with their slow start making CGY getting the spot even less of a shock.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

- After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

These bois are stacked, i mean like a fucking waffle house beef case patty whack. They have talent, they have the speed, they have the skill, they have. the. hair. It is a non contest, the Rage will win a title, arguably the title is biggest fail in the playoffs, but they will win a title damn it!

[Image: Off.gif]